Revlon PhotoReady Kajal Intense Eye Liner + Brightener

Revlon PhotoReady Kajal Intense Eye Liner + Brightener
PhotoReady Kajal Intense Eye Liner + Brightener

2.1

on 5/21/2017 1:40:00 AM

I wish I could give this a zero rating. The pencil is so flaky that bits of the wood flaked off into my eye causing intense pain and burning. The actual colour doesn't say long on the waterline at all. The cream shade wore away in about half an hour and the black shade gave me panda eyes when I wore it on the waterline. I also tried using it on my upper lid and it stays a bit better there but doesn't really set. So any rubbing would cause it to move and smudge all over. After the incident with the wood flakes I will never use this again.

on 3/13/2017 4:04:00 AM

It smudges very badly.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

Awful, it smudges everywhere immediately. I really hate it. I'm throwing it on the trash.

on 11/16/2015 11:12:00 PM

Horrible.. I bought it in black and white to use on waterline.. It smudges all over my bottom line and leave me with panda right after 2-3 hours.. It's smooth and the color is intense but what good would it make if it leaves me like a panda bear!

on 2/21/2015 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I'm very conflicted with how I feel about this product. I have it in the blue/white combination and I love the colors. The blue is a cobalt sort of color that is hard to find in the drugstore and the white is just a pure white. The colors are lovely but the formula is where it falls short. It is quite waxy and never sets so it smudges. I find that if you have foundation on your eyelid, the eyeliner will get all over the eyelid. It's gets quite gross looking. The only reason I gave it a 3 star rating is because I use the white in the waterline and somehow it stays. Plus it's not overly soft so it doesn't get onto the lashes, but it's soft enough where it distributes pigment. But there are better white pencils and I would rather shell out $20 on the Stila Smudge Stick in Cobalt for a bright blue that actually stays put. I don't recommend this.

I received this product as part of a Revlon pack. I would never have purchased it otherwise. The liner I purchased has a cream colour one end and black on the other. The black is just awesome. I line my waterline with this and the colour is immediate, strong and no need for dragging. It stays put all day! However, when I use the cream colour in my water line, it goes on the same way as the black - strong, no dragging, etc, but the colour just seems to disappear after a short period of time. As a black eyeliner, it is fabulaous, but not very impressed with the cream. I would purchase again because the black liner is the best I have ever used for my waterline.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Forget exactly how much I payed for this, but I believe it was about $10 at Shoppers. Definitely not worth it.
I got it in Carbon Cleopatra. When I line my upper rim/waterline and blink right after, it gets aaaall over my bottom waterline. If I wipe that up and blink once more, it just gets all over my waterline again. I've even tried waiting a while before blinking my eyes so it can set, but it does nothing. I don't like to line my bottom waterline with black, so it just stays there all messy-like.
Also doesn't last long when I make a thicker line right on my top lashline. Even when I use UDPP, the longest it'll stay is an hour or two. The white end of the pencil isn't any better.

Overall, it's just of a pretty bad quality. I now use the twistable Revlon Colorstay liner - it lasts a lot longer and isn't too messy.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Pros:
+ Two colors in one product
+ Multifunctional
+ Widely available at convenient stores and large retailors
+ Buildable color

Cons:
+ Not long-lasting
+ Smudges
+ Expensive ($9-$12 USD for 0.08 oz or 2.4 g)

Reference: I purchased this product, in Purple Reign (004) at my local Target while it was marked for clearance for just under $7.00 USD. My complexion is oily, including the eyelids, and my undereye circles appears grayish on my fair-medium complexion with neutral undertones. I apply the purple shade on my top lashline while I typically use the highlighter for the inner corners of my eyes.

My Experience:
Compared to the the Revlon ColorStay eyeliner in Blackberry (my usual go-to eyeliner) the purple shade comes off as a very vivid, shocking, bluish purple. It applies relatively easily and the color payoff is modest and buildable. What disappointed me about this shade is that it does not last against the sweat and wear and tear throughout the day. This is true even if I applied a little bit of primer (Neutrogena Shine Control). Although I blot oil thoroughly every couple of hours, I end up with panda or raccoon eyes by the end of the day when I do not even apply on my lower lashline.

The highlighter end appears to be a warm, champagne kind of nude but when applied, appears chalky or ashy against my skintone, even if I conceal my undereye circles. Although the packaging encourages application of the highlighter shade to the lower waterline or inner rim to brighten the eyes, I find that the effect, while buildable, does not last an hour before fading. In fact, when I did apply the highlighter on my lower waterline, it migrates to my lower lashline, giving me reverse raccoon eyes. Not attractive either.

While the pigmentation and application is satisfactory, the lasting-power of this product is not, especially for a drugstore product that usually costs $9-$12 USD, which is why I give product performance a 2 out of 5 lippies.

Other Comments:
The packaging is average. Just a double-ended eyeliner pencil with caps at both ends to protect the product. The caps do not 'snap' on, but they don't sIip off easily either. I gave packaging 4 out of 5 lippies only because I dislike having to sharpen the pencils as the tip wears down.

Closing Commentary:
I agree that having two eyeliner shades in one is very convenient and attractive, but considering the price and disappointing product performance, it's not worth it. I might recommend it to someone who does not have oily eyelids or at least uses a dedicated eyelid primer to prolong makeup wear time and reduce likelihood of smudging. Apart from that, if you are just looking for a nice eyeliner on a budget and are indifferent to highlighting, I recommend the Revlon ColorStay automatic eyeliners instead -- so much less fuss and much more lasting power.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Bought this in the black and white liner. Thought I read in Allure that this eyeliner was voted "best".......maybe I misread the article but I do not like this liner at all. It smudges, the color deposit is weak and the liner itself is dry. Only use in case of emergencies....like being at work and only having this in my purse. ):

on 4/19/2014 12:13:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Where this product shines is as a multi-tasker. I recently bought this in Purple Reign after reading a review on Maskcara blog, as I am all about multi-tasking. The purple liner is not glittery, which is pretty hard to find, and exactly what I was after. It could last longer, but it's a nice shade and lasts long enough. I think I may even like the light side better, though. I use it over and under my eyebrow arch, and it really lifts the area. I've used it as additional concealer coverage and on dark under eye spots, and it works great. This is a great travel product, as you could just leave your concealer at home- think I will be repurchasing.