Olay Fresh Effects - Bead Me Up

3.5

I bought this product two days ago because of all the great reviews online & the fresh smell. But I must have very weird skin... because I went from just a few problem blackheads to full breakout of painful acne all over my chin. It also dried out other areas of my face causing skin flaking & exposing red sore not-ready-for-the-world skin. I am just going to have to throw it out! Wouldn't want to even give to my worst enemy! Good thing I got it on sale!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

This was on sale at CVS for $3.99 (less than half off) and I had a coupon so I tried it. Actually, I was looking for a dupe for Estee Lauder's Perfectly Clean (this ain't it), a really creamy cleanser that gets my oily skin squeaky clean. This is creamy and has little granules in it that supposedly exfoliate, but they aren't sufficient in quantity to work in any noticeable manner. I like the scent of this (white tea and honeysuckle) but it's only an average cleanser for me. Okay/no great shakes. It doesn't irritate but I don't have sensitive skin. The original price of this (at CVS) was $8.29, which seems absurd but then Perfectly Clean is like, $30 for 5 oz. I love that cleanser but I won't pay that much. No fn way. Anyone know of a drugstore dupe for that? Let me know!

To Read all 15 Reviews, Login or Join

This really dried out my skin. Like dry residue all over my face awful and my skin is mildly oily. I used to use a salicylic acid cleanser every other day and it didn't dry me out like this one. :(

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I enjoy this cleanser because it leaves my dry skin feeling clean, makeup removed, not overly dry, and provides a gentle exfoliation that ensures i have no rough or flaky patches. the white tea scent is nice, however after having this cleanser for 3 months i am tired of it. the microbeads are large and i think i preferred the texture of the olay fresh effects cleanser that is orange swirled with the white moisturizer. i actually didn't like the scent or the orange and white, it was grapefruit i think, but that texture was more dense than this bead me up cleanser, which i actually preferred. there is an apple scent of the swirled cleanser that i may try next. this product is great performance wise, i am just tired of the scent.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This product cleanses really well and makes my skin feel soft & smooth. The scent doesn't bother me at all so I am surprised to read that. I don't feel like my skin is clean unless I use an exfoliating product but I do feel guilty about using products with plastic beads. The beads can mess with your drains/plumbing and are harmful to fish and plants in the lake--I believe that they have just been outlawed in Canada. I think the product works well but I will likely find an alternative way to exfoliate once the tube is empty.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I hated the fake smell of this product, the consistency, it just felt like the old school clean and clear products that are/were useless. I think this product works for a pre teen girl who doesn't have problematic skin and just needs a fresh morning wash to dive into the skin care world.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

i love this cleanser! it makes my face feel awesome and now i have no more acne. im super excited to see what olay comes up with next

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I only got this product because it was on sale at CVS for half the price (after sale and coupons) so I decided to give it a try. I usually use Simple products but lately, their products don't seem to remove makeup or clean my face as I originally thought they did. This product is a creamy consistency with little beads that aren't even visible when you squeeze the tube. As you lather, it doesn't apply soapy either - more like a cream with exfoliating beads. I've been taking much more care of my skin and the hot weather does a number on it so I think i've noticed significant improvement on my skin with much fewer breakouts and redness. This is def worth trying even if its a little bit more on the pricy end. Olay products have always been pricy but I def think its worth spending the money for esp if you have sensitive skin.

This is actually the first face wash that worked for my skin, I went 8 years of acne, trying many many washes, moisturizers, acne treatments, and none helped. I finally tried this thinking it was just going to be like the others that didn't work, especially since it wasn't for acne prone skin, but the combination of this face wash, a toner and a moisturizing serum from Olay cleared up my skin, makes my skin so soft and refreshed.

This exfoliator is great! I was surprised to see some of the negative reviews. My skin can be sensitive to some exfoliators. It's got a creamy consistency that's not too abrasive on my sensitive skin. I like the little tiny beads that sort of melt away into the cleanser. The smell is light and fragrant. This is definitely one of my favorites.