Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+

3.4

Water, Mineral Oil, Glycerin, Petrolatum, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Oil, Urea, Lanolin Alcohol, Triethanolamne, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract/Extriat D'Orage, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Propylene Glycol, Dicaprate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Butylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Trisodium EDTA, Phenoxythanol, Yellow 6 (CI 15985), Yellow 5 (C1 19140), Red 33 (C1 17200

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this when I had dry skin. I used this for awhile during the winter to moisturize my skin when it was super dry. Until I got to half the bottle my skin started getting really oily, more than before. I stopped using it and it settled down. So, this is a good product and claims to do what it says I would buy again

on 4/24/2017 9:09:00 PM

NOTE: So this review is actually for the original version of this, not the + version.
When I was younger DDM and I didn't get along.It was way to greasy for my hormone raging, teenage skin. I used to get a tube of it whenever I got a Clinique GWP, and my sisters and I would all groan, "Oh, it's that yellow stuff again." We would usually just throw it out and pass it on to some unsuspecting friend. Fast forward 20 years, and I thought I'd give this a second chance. Wow! Am I ever glad I did! It made my skin look and feel so good I was excited to put it on every morning. I'm not sure if the fact I was using two other Clinique items (Take the Day Off Milk cleanser and All About Eyes cream) at the same time as this contributed to my good skin or not, but I'm sure it didn't hurt. Also I realized this came in different formulas. I bought the version for Very Dry to Dry Combination Skin this time. I'm willing to bet all those free tubes I got as a teenager was the version for Oily Skin as that seems to be their most popular one, and that probably explains why it was never right for my skin before. I'm apprehensive to try the new + version, but if it gives me skin like this again, I'll give it a shot.

on 4/15/2017 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

This is probably the best when it comes to non irritating heavy mositure for the skin. I have oily skin so i use this a couple of times a week just as a night cream treat because it turns my face into an oil slick if i use it in the day or under makeup. I'd imagine it must be superb for dry skin though

on 4/4/2017 5:38:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Huge fan of DDML+. Gives my skin the perfect moisture and base for other treatments and makeup. Use it as part of the 3 steps for skin type 2. This range has changed my skin for the better. Will never stray again!

on 3/29/2017 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I've been using Clinique 3 step for years!
Firstly, I think a lot of reviewers giving this a bad rep probably don't understand the concept of the dramatically different.
In my opinion this shouldn't be used as a "moisturizer" This is more a "base" for your moisturizers and serums. Its like pouring water onto a tiled floor before you scrub it and put your detergents and cleaning products on. It acts as the barrier and prepares your skin for the more advanced serums. Using it as a moisturizer alone probably wont give your skin and beneficial results.
I have combination skin and I use this under my Clinique revitalising oil. It keeps me moisturised during the day and night. Sometimes I layer it with other serums, but this is definitely more of a BASE than anything which will help suck in all the serums and creams onto your skin.
Its very lightweight, almost like water.
you only need a pump or two and the 125ml bottle lasts ages!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

The Clinique lotion is one of the few moisturisers that don't break me out because it has no fatty alcohols. I always break out from fatty alcohols so I must avoid them which can be hard since they're in so many products. I bought this lotion for $47 for 200 ml, so far, it's lasted me 5-6 months and I've only used up half. I've repurchased this lotion about three times already. I'm not sure if I'll buy this again since the cost is so high. However, it is hard to find a fatty alcohol free moisturiser. As for the performance, I find that the moisture it provides is just right; my face isn't too greasy or too dry.

on 12/14/2016 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have dry skin in the winter and combo skin in the summer. This really helps with my dryness in the winter. It also helps keep away irritation from dry skin. It is very creamy, sinks in fast, and makes my skin soft immediately afterwards. I use 1-2 pumps depending on how my skin feels that day. I always return to this lotion when another skin product causes issues. It really helps combat the dryness and acne that may occur. I think the price is fair, but wish it wasn't as high.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Got a tube of this for 14.50 at Ulta. I have very oily, acne prone and just generally greasy skin. I use this after the Clinique Facial Soap (the bar, not the liquid) for oily skin, and a Rodan and Fields toner and acne treatment. I used a sample of the gel version of this and even though I have very oily skin in combination with the Rodan and Fields products my skin was in need of a lot more moisture (yes, that can happen to even really oily skin). I use a matte moisturizer from Rodan and Fields during the day time but at night this lotion is perfect for balancing out my skin. I should note that the mineral oil in this has never broken me out and I love that it's 100% fragrance free. Once my tube runs out I will probably splurge on the bottle with the pump.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am 33 and have been using this product since I was in my late teens. Everyone always thinks I'm 23 so due to good genes and taking care of my skin. Anyways I've always loved this lotion but I had read some questionable things on the use of mineral oil after using baby oil and it making my skin horribly red and blotchy. The older I've gotten the more sensitive my skin has become. Since reading there was mineral oil in this product I stopped using it. I wasn't having any ill effects but I was afraid I would start. 6 months and break out after break out later from trying to find new moisturizers I am back to this. I was having a horrible allergic reaction and cysts along my chin thanks to Dr. Dennis Gross ferulic acid and retinol serum and have been trying to get my face to stop itching for a week. I had been using May Lindstrom blue cocoon to soother which I highly recommend but I was still itchy it was that bad. Last night I washed, used the blue cocoon, and out of desperation reached for my Clinique yellow lotion and this morning almost all the redness is gone and I'm not itchy. Even my skin texture looks better. I guess I'll be sticking to this. I know they reformulated this lotion but I honestly can't tell the difference even after using both for years. Still everyone's skin is different and mine is extremely dry and sensitive so always get a sample to see if it works for you.

on 10/14/2016 10:41:00 AM

I love this product. It's super moisturising and lightweight.