Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+

3.3

Water, Mineral Oil, Glycerin, Petrolatum, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Oil, Urea, Lanolin Alcohol, Triethanolamne, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract/Extriat D'Orage, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Propylene Glycol, Dicaprate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Butylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Trisodium EDTA, Phenoxythanol, Yellow 6 (CI 15985), Yellow 5 (C1 19140), Red 33 (C1 17200

The Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion was one of the very first skincare products I ever used. Ii didn't know what I didn't know, but this was kind of dreadful as it would just sit on top of my skin for a long time. This was a groundbreaking product when it came out in the 60's and paved the way for more cosmetics companies. Since it's original formula they have reformulated this product but did not make enough changes for me to recommend this or even use it myself. My video review can be seen here:

They have re-formulated this I believe and it's wonderful! Much more emollient and just fabulous. I have been having troubles that past few years with hormonal breakouts and clogged pores basically all over. Nothing helped. NOTHING. So Ithought..okay go to Clinique and try their system again. I did and in six days, my face has transformed. I use #2 (mild liquid soap and toner #2) and with this moisturizer, I'm AMAZED. I havent tried Clinique for years and years. Their ALmost Powder Foundation is THE BEST THING I HAVE ever purchased for foundation. Not cakey, lasts all day, beautiful finish, SUPER GREAT COVERAGE...and NO BISMUTH (Others in Clinique line so, so be watchful as this will cause breakouts) But the ALmost Powder Foundation doesnt have it and its great for my older skin. Back to this moisturizer...I love it...it sinks in but I still feel moisturized later on....some moisturizers feel great at first but not later on....this one really makes you feel hydrated. GOOD JOB UPDATING THIS MOISTURIZER CLINIQUE! (Before i was just a yellow version of Olays Beauty Fluid) but now it is the best daily moisturizer I have ever used. I'm a Clinique user for life now.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I’ve used Clinique on & off over the last 30+ years... Although I loved the feel and smell of the DDML, I never stuck with it because Clinique wasn’t keeping up with the advances in skin care and I thought it foolish to have to layer products to get the moisturization I needed. Over the years I have learned otherwise, there is absolutely nothing out there that I can use on its own.
Decided to give this recent reformulation a try - sprung for the tiny travel size - and I have to admit it’s a lot better than the old version which didn’t do anything for me. Sure, it’s still got mineral oil and petroleum in it, but I’ve found all these years petroleum is an excellent moisturizer. I still like the way it feels and smells (you gotta admit it has a distinct smell but a very faint one), so I got a big bottle and have been using it for about a month now. I still need to layer something over it, but it sinks into my skin and hasn’t meshed poorly with my choices in a second layering product. As I’m currently on the Clinique bandwagon and it will most possibly be another short lived ride, I will continue to use it throughout the summer. I do like how it feels on my skin, especially after a day of being outside in the heat or on skin that has seen a little too much sun. My opinion will probably change once winter gets here, but there’s a cream version of this now...

Well, I was truly suckered into buying this moisturiser and numerous other Clinique products!

Clinique claims this moisturiser is ‘dramatically different’, but how so?! It’s loaded with mineral oil and petrolatum, which is renowned for clogging pores & leaving a horrible film on skin.

I have dry/combination skin and this didn’t do very much. It wasn’t any more moisturising than cheaper brands and also felt weird on my skin. It didn’t seem to absorb at all. Absolutely pointless!

Clinique is an absolute farce of a brand. They sucker you in with expensive & chic looking packaging and fancy words but there is actually very little beneficial ingredients here.

Save your skin and your money, look elsewhere. Just because something is more pricey does NOT mean it’s high quality.

on 6/10/2018 6:29:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I tried this one out and I was very annoyed by the smell of the petroleum ingredient which made the whole process of application really uncomfortable for me. I don't think I would give this one another chance. I was more satisfied with the other 2 products form my Set routine.

on 5/29/2018 4:18:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This was my very first moisturizer in very dry to dry. Or more like the older formula.

A little history - I have ONLY used drugstore cleansers (no toner, no moisturizer etc) all my life up till I was 26. Some brands (especially the cursed Neutrogena - I tried a couple of their cleansers) broke me out horribly so I was always very skeptical about skincare. Plus was pretty low on funds to give a crap. I'd get cystic acne here and there occasionally, large pores, blackheads and had VERY dry combination skin.

I occasionally went to the dermatologist (like maybe once a year) and they'd always tell me that my skin is horrifyingly dry. I live in Malaysia and with its humid weather, I'd still have dry patches. Oh and of course pigmentation from zero sunscreen.

So one day I decided that I needed to do something about my skin and got myself the Clinique 3 step skincare. I liked their packaging and that they marketed their products for sensitive skin. A little pricey but I thought I'd pamper myself.

After some months of using this (along with their Clarifying Toner 2, cleanser, 7 day scrub), I went to the dermatologist and my therapist was surprised that my skin was a lot better (they had records of my skin's moisture level with their high tech looking machine).

Of course I'm still lazy and sometimes skip days of not moisturizing, but all in all my skin is a lot better. I still get 1-2 monthly hormonal cystic acne on the chin, a couple closed comedones between my brows and have got loads of tiny acne scar holes exclusively on my chin and between brows (no idea what kinda scars they're called) from all the years of not taking care of myself.

I'm 33 now and have gone through many bottles of this for 7 years (if it's not broken, don't fix it mentality) but recently I noticed that it no longer sinks in like it used to, and felt too heavy. I guess it has done its job and my skin is no longer in the dry category. I went to the dermatologist last month and they actually said my skin is normal combination! Yay!

So yeah, I'd definitely recommend, but it's time I moved on to greener pastures. But boo to having to search for my next HG.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've used this for years now on my combination skin. In the winter I used to get really bad dry patches, and this was the only moisturiser that helped. It's fragrance-free and the packaging is easy to use. I'd recommend this. It's a little expensive but I'd say it's worth it.

on 4/14/2018 12:24:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this only because it’s much chaper than Avene Skin Recovery Cream and I needed extra hydration for the skin during harsh Canadian winter. At first I used it only at night, as in the morning I would my Tinted Moisturizer. Lately I ran out of my TM and hadn’t got the chance to buy one, so I used foundation and put this moisturizer in the morning too prior to foundation. After one week I noticed an improvement. It helps clearing my pores and skin feeling smooth and clean as if all the dead skill cells and even clogged pores are diminished! I’m gonna use it twice a day for the next couple of weeks to see if this really helps improving my skin condition!

on 4/10/2018 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I've been using this lotion for years and have thought it to be a pretty good moisturing lotion for my older skin. Recently I decided to change due to my aging thinking I needed a more moisturizing product. I changed to a product highly rated on Makeupalley. Since the change I've been noticing some new little wrinkles on my cheeks, and have decided it's because of my change away from Clinique DD Moisturizing Lotion. I've gone back to Clinique lotion to prevent anymore of those little wrinkles and hopefully soften the ones I now have. The first time I used it my skin drank it up and I knew I had made the right decision. It's a very good product for my 60+ oily t-zone dry skin, and I'm not changing again.

I have been using this moisturiser for about 2 years. I like the texture and packaging. It is pretty moisturising without being greasy and works well on my combo skin. Also as it doesn't contain fragrance it is safe for sensitive skin.

BUT I just think this moisturiser is super over-priced for what ingredients it contains - the second ingredient on the list is mineral oil and there are no nice antioxidants or anything like that. In New Zealand the 125ml container of this is $70. $70 for a plain ass mineral oil based moisturiser?! Thats a rip off. I have been buying it from the USA and paying for shipping and it still works out cheaper than buying it in store in New Zealand (its double the price in NZ even after converting NZD to USD). This moisturiser doesn't offer anything more than the Neutrogena moisturiser I can buy at the supermarket for $10, so I can no longer find a reason to spend so much on such a plain product.

My current bottle of this is going to be the last I purchase. I think I will switch to CeraVe, which at least contains some niacinamide and ceramides.