3.3

Reviews

1.0
from

3 years ago

I think this was a great moisturizer in my mother's era when choices were few. For me this has always been a huge disappointment. Knowing all the amazing moisturizers out there at price points that cater to all this is not one I'd recommend. Just say no. Keep the free samples for travel.

About reviewer (370 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinSensitive, Other, Neutral

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

2.0

3 years ago

It's the kind of moisturizer that you feel safe using, but doesn't do much. You get tempted by all the other interesting moisturizers with multi-benefits on the market, then would completely forget about this. Sometimes you see it on the shelf and would pick it up to use it, it's still alright - at least it doesn't break you out. But not great. If you know what I mean.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

3 years ago

Very good moisturizer, usually use it before foundation and it stops my face from drying as I use make up for long hours.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

1.0

3 years ago

Hated it. Made me break out, left a greasy sheen on my face, and I still had dry, flaky skin. Literally zero upside to this product for me. I gave it to my boyfriend because he is one of those absolute jerks who can't get a zit even when he tries. Ugh.

About reviewer (20 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

2.0

3 years ago

Pass on this. I heard nothing but good things about this product but I was left disappointed. Overall a mediocre product, barley moisturizers my combo skin. It feels like I didn't even put moisturizer on. I get flakes with this product and was convinced that something was wrong with my skin. I switched to a drug store moisturizer and the difference was astounding. My skin has improved after dumping this product. One thing that I will say about this product though is that it didn't cause acne and it's good for under makeup, but that doesn't in any way justify the price tag.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

3 years ago

I love this when I had dry skin. I used this for awhile during the winter to moisturize my skin when it was super dry. Until I got to half the bottle my skin started getting really oily, more than before. I stopped using it and it settled down. So, this is a good product and claims to do what it says I would buy again

About reviewer (2 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Tan

HairBrunette

3 years ago

NOTE: So this review is actually for the original version of this, not the + version. When I was younger DDM and I didn't get along.It was way to greasy for my hormone raging, teenage skin. I used to get a tube of it whenever I got a Clinique GWP, and my sisters and I would all groan, "Oh, it's that yellow stuff again." We would usually just throw it out and pass it on to some unsuspecting friend. Fast forward 20 years, and I thought I'd give this a second chance. Wow! Am I ever glad I did! It made my skin look and feel so good I was excited to put it on every morning. I'm not sure if the fact I was using two other Clinique items (Take the Day Off Milk cleanser and All About Eyes cream) at the same time as this contributed to my good skin or not, but I'm sure it didn't hurt. Also I realized this came in different formulas. I bought the version for Very Dry to Dry Combination Skin this time. I'm willing to bet all those free tubes I got as a teenager was the version for Oily Skin as that seems to be their most popular one, and that probably explains why it was never right for my skin before. I'm apprehensive to try the new + version, but if it gives me skin like this again, I'll give it a shot.

About reviewer (456 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

3 years ago

This is probably the best when it comes to non irritating heavy mositure for the skin. I have oily skin so i use this a couple of times a week just as a night cream treat because it turns my face into an oil slick if i use it in the day or under makeup. I'd imagine it must be superb for dry skin though

About reviewer (14 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

3 years ago

Huge fan of DDML+. Gives my skin the perfect moisture and base for other treatments and makeup. Use it as part of the 3 steps for skin type 2. This range has changed my skin for the better. Will never stray again!

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium Brown

HairBrown

3 years ago

I've been using Clinique 3 step for years! Firstly, I think a lot of reviewers giving this a bad rep probably don't understand the concept of the dramatically different. In my opinion this shouldn't be used as a "moisturizer" This is more a "base" for your moisturizers and serums. Its like pouring water onto a tiled floor before you scrub it and put your detergents and cleaning products on. It acts as the barrier and prepares your skin for the more advanced serums. Using it as a moisturizer alone probably wont give your skin and beneficial results. I have combination skin and I use this under my Clinique revitalising oil. It keeps me moisturised during the day and night. Sometimes I layer it with other serums, but this is definitely more of a BASE than anything which will help suck in all the serums and creams onto your skin. Its very lightweight, almost like water. you only need a pump or two and the 125ml bottle lasts ages!

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium Brown, Not Sure