3.3

$39.00 on Macy's
Shop Now

Reviews

10 months ago

Got a sample. Within seconds my skin felt like I'd sunburn. Washed it off. Feel hives appearing. Terrible lesson to learn. It must be the lanolin or the colours.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair

HairBrunette

10 months ago

I would not re purchase this but if I got a sample in say a beauty box or in my sister swap I would definitely use. Cons price point pros perfect way to describe this is that its okay but nothing special. I prefer to use the ordinary moisturizer then this. Its $6.00 and leaves my skin more hydrated then this does. I will finish the whole bottle but will not repurchase.

About reviewer (35 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrunette

EyesBrown

10 months ago

I really like this product. I would usually buy the moisturising gel being very oily as a teenager and young adult but my skin is drier and more sensitive now so this one seemed better considering my skin is drier now. I’ve always had a high opinion of Clinique products, especially their oil free products and their pep start eye cream. This feels very clean and fresh on the skin, not heavy and hard to sink in like thicker creams. If you are oilier, I’d still recommend the gel, not to say this is worse or that the gel is better, the gel just works better with oily skin, just as the lotion works better for normal to dry skin. Very nice product. I know that it can be used both day and night, which I love, but annoying that if I go out in a particular sunny day or to the beach or whatnot, I’d have to apply sunscreen seperately. Would be amazing if there were a matching dramatically different sunscreen that didn’t affect the lotion. I’m not sure if that could be done, or maybe make a day and night version of the lotion itself, having sunscreen as an extra indredient in the day lotion. Aside from that, it is my go to lotion and I love it.

About reviewer (68 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Wavy, Other

a year ago

This works well as a makeup base before applying the clinique even better anti-pollution spf40. However over the course of the day, my skin gets oilier and makeup starts to breakdown. For reference i have slightly oily skin with dry flakes(due to tretinoin use). Nonetheless this moisturizer did not give me breakouts (unlike the moisture surge range). Might be suitable for drier skin types.

About reviewer (31 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

a year ago

Clinique DDML+ balances and hydrates my skin without leaving a greasy residue. This has been a staple for both my husband and I for years. I have tried a lot of moisturizers on the market - a lot of them boast made from natural ingredients and luxury ones too, but I always come back to this. CAD$36 for 4.2oz is a bargain, in my opinion. I have and will continue to repurchase this moisturizer.

About reviewer (197 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

EyesBrown

a year ago

BEWARE IF YOU HAVE SENSITIVE SKIN! I have ultra-sensitive, dry skin and this moisturiser just burns my face and sits on the surface. It has an obvious irritant for sensitive skin - LANOLIN ALCOHOL not to mention colour, with no soothing ingredients. The other Clinique moisturising lotions ( gel and jelly) are not hydrating enough. Instead, I use Marcelle Moisture Cream (for daily hydration for face and eye area) & Marcelle Night Cream for really cold dry days & nighttime use for my extremely sensitive cuperose skin.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesBlue

a year ago

i love it. it's kind of like a love it or hate it thing. i am acne prone, dry (especially because i use differin at night) and sensitive. i use this as a daycream after serum and before spf. it works really well at keeping my face moisturized the entire day. makeup looks bomb on top as well. And like others said, it doesn't really ever sink in completely but that's what i like about it. I don't know if i'd like it as much in fall/spring/summer but for now it's great.

About reviewer (24 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Other, Other

a year ago

When I was younger I would get countless little bottles of this every "Clinique Bonus Time" and I never used it. I didn't need moisturizer back then. I used steps 1 & 3 of the "Type 3" system, which didn't have the Dramatically Different Gel till about 12 years ago (if I remember correctly). I was thrilled with the gel, but now that I'm 53, my skin gets dry enough in the winter time that I feel I need a heavier night moisturizer. I LOVE this lotion. Nothing I've found (and I try everything) makes my skin feel softer or look healthier. I have this with the new "Custom Blend" cartridges (I have purple (plumping) and orange (brightening), and I believe this is the finest moisturizer, ever. I use Elta MD Clear SPF 46 everyday, and, at night, Tretinoin (for discoloration treatment) a couple days a week, and this moisturizer every night. Clinique skin care has worked beautifully for me since the 1980s (when my mother started me using it as "Estee Lauder for young women"), and now my 11 year old daughter is combating her acne with Clinique (and for moisturizer she uses the newest Dramatically Different Hydrating Jelly)...which is fantastic for me too, for daytime and hot weather.

About reviewer (825 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOily, Olive, Warm

HairRed, Curly, Coarse

EyesGreen

a year ago

I remember this product being very different. At some point they seemed to have reformulated it and now it just sits on my skin and feels greasy regardless of how small the amount used. I have very dry, sensitive skin, so I should fall into the category that would fit this product but it is a strong miss for me. I wish it worked because it would be nice to utilize the samples received in the gift-with-purchases but it doesn't perform well as a moisturizer for me. It is priced beautifully for the amount of product you get and I've never had any of the packaging fail me. I wish it worked as I can use the gel variation but it does not provide enough moisture (understandably as it is meant for oilier skins) and the cream variation is great for the winter but far to thick for the other seasons.

About reviewer (76 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Fine

a year ago

This lotion moisturizes but it doesn't get absorbed well. This lotion clogged my pores. I wouldn't recommend this to people with sensitive, acne-prone, clog-prone skin.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinOther, Other