CLINIQUE Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+

CLINIQUE Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+

3.3

Water\Aqua\Eau , Mineral Oil\Paraffinum Liquidum\Huile Minérale , Glycerin , Petrolatum , Stearic Acid , Glyceryl Stearate , Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Oil , Urea , Lanolin Alcohol , Triethanolamine , Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract\Extrait D'Orge , Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract , Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake , Propylene Glycol Dicaprate , Sodium Hyaluronate , Butylene Glycol , Pentylene Glycol , Trisodium Edta , Phenoxyethanol , Yellow 6 (Ci 15985) , Yellow 5 (Ci 19140) , Red 33 (Ci 17200)

on 2/10/2019 9:13:00 AM

BEWARE IF YOU HAVE SENSITIVE SKIN! I have ultra-sensitive, dry skin and this moisturiser just stings my face and sits on the surface. It has an obvious irritant for sensitive skin - LANOLIN ALCOHOL not to mention colour, with no soothing ingredients. The other Clinique moisturising lotions ( gel and jelly) are not hydrating enough. I wish Clinique created a moisturiser with the same idea of the jelly but containing a more occlusive ingredient like petrolatum . If you live in Canada you need this ingredient in your lotion to soothe, protect and to hydrate. My Vaseline Extremely Dry Skin Rescue lotion works much better on my face than this with no irritation!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I really love this product. I would usually buy the moisturising gel being very oily as a teenager and young adult but my skin is drier and more sensitive now so this one seemed better considering my skin is drier now. I’ve always had a high opinion of Clinique products, especially their oil free products and their pep start eye creams. This feels very clean and fresh on the skin, not heavy and hard to skin in like thicker creams.

on 2/2/2019 1:06:00 PM

i love it. it's kind of like a love it or hate it thing. i am acne prone, dry (especially because i use differin at night) and sensitive. i use this as a daycream after serum and before spf. it works really well at keeping my face moisturized the entire day. makeup looks bomb on top as well. And like others said, it doesn't really ever sink in completely but that's what i like about it. I don't know if i'd like it as much in fall/spring/summer but for now it's great.

on 1/17/2019 2:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

When I was younger I would get countless little bottles of this every "Clinique Bonus Time" and I never used it. I didn't need moisturizer back then. I used steps 1 & 3 of the "Type 3" system, which didn't have the Dramatically Different Gel till about 12 years ago (if I remember correctly). I was thrilled with the gel, but now that I'm 53, my skin gets dry enough in the winter time that I feel I need a heavier night moisturizer. I LOVE this lotion. Nothing I've found (and I try everything) makes my skin feel softer or look healthier. I have this with the new "Custom Blend" cartridges (I have purple (plumping) and orange (brightening), and I believe this is the finest moisturizer, ever. I use Elta MD Clear SPF 46 everyday, and, at night, Tretinoin (for discoloration treatment) a couple days a week, and this moisturizer every night. Clinique skin care has worked beautifully for me since the 1980s (when my mother started me using it as "Estee Lauder for young women"), and now my 11 year old daughter is combating her acne with Clinique (and for moisturizer she uses the newest Dramatically Different Hydrating Jelly)...which is fantastic for me too, for daytime and hot weather.

on 11/8/2018 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I remember this product being very different. At some point they seemed to have reformulated it and now it just sits on my skin and feels greasy regardless of how small the amount used. I have very dry, sensitive skin, so I should fall into the category that would fit this product but it is a strong miss for me. I wish it worked because it would be nice to utilize the samples received in the gift-with-purchases but it doesn't perform well as a moisturizer for me. It is priced beautifully for the amount of product you get and I've never had any of the packaging fail me.

I wish it worked as I can use the gel variation but it does not provide enough moisture (understandably as it is meant for oilier skins) and the cream variation is great for the winter but far to thick for the other seasons.

on 8/30/2018 1:58:00 PM

This lotion moisturizes but it doesn't get absorbed well. This lotion clogged my pores. I wouldn't recommend this to people with sensitive, acne-prone, clog-prone skin.

The Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion was one of the very first skincare products I ever used. Ii didn't know what I didn't know, but this was kind of dreadful as it would just sit on top of my skin for a long time. This was a groundbreaking product when it came out in the 60's and paved the way for more cosmetics companies. Since it's original formula they have reformulated this product but did not make enough changes for me to recommend this or even use it myself. My video review can be seen here:

They have re-formulated this I believe and it's wonderful! Much more emollient and just fabulous. I have been having troubles that past few years with hormonal breakouts and clogged pores basically all over. Nothing helped. NOTHING. So Ithought..okay go to Clinique and try their system again. I did and in six days, my face has transformed. I use #2 (mild liquid soap and toner #2) and with this moisturizer, I'm AMAZED. I havent tried Clinique for years and years. Their ALmost Powder Foundation is THE BEST THING I HAVE ever purchased for foundation. Not cakey, lasts all day, beautiful finish, SUPER GREAT COVERAGE...and NO BISMUTH (Others in Clinique line so, so be watchful as this will cause breakouts) But the ALmost Powder Foundation doesnt have it and its great for my older skin. Back to this moisturizer...I love it...it sinks in but I still feel moisturized later on....some moisturizers feel great at first but not later on....this one really makes you feel hydrated. GOOD JOB UPDATING THIS MOISTURIZER CLINIQUE! (Before i was just a yellow version of Olays Beauty Fluid) but now it is the best daily moisturizer I have ever used. I'm a Clinique user for life now.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I’ve used Clinique on & off over the last 30+ years... Although I loved the feel and smell of the DDML, I never stuck with it because Clinique wasn’t keeping up with the advances in skin care and I thought it foolish to have to layer products to get the moisturization I needed. Over the years I have learned otherwise, there is absolutely nothing out there that I can use on its own.
Decided to give this recent reformulation a try - sprung for the tiny travel size - and I have to admit it’s a lot better than the old version which didn’t do anything for me. Sure, it’s still got mineral oil and petroleum in it, but I’ve found all these years petroleum is an excellent moisturizer. I still like the way it feels and smells (you gotta admit it has a distinct smell but a very faint one), so I got a big bottle and have been using it for about a month now. I still need to layer something over it, but it sinks into my skin and hasn’t meshed poorly with my choices in a second layering product. As I’m currently on the Clinique bandwagon and it will most possibly be another short lived ride, I will continue to use it throughout the summer. I do like how it feels on my skin, especially after a day of being outside in the heat or on skin that has seen a little too much sun. My opinion will probably change once winter gets here, but there’s a cream version of this now...

******UPDATE 9/01/2019******
I've recently been educating myself on what is beneficial to skin and what are irritants (thanks to Paula B!) and I realise that Clinique actually has a few great fragrance-free products. However, I still think the 'Dramatically Different' moisturiser is quite mediocre for the price plus has no added SPF either. Clinique's 'Moisture Surge' range is one of their best offerings, especially the Overnight Mask.
************************************************************************************************************************************************

Well, I was truly suckered into buying this moisturiser and numerous other Clinique products!

Clinique claims this moisturiser is ‘dramatically different’, but how so?! It’s loaded with mineral oil and petrolatum, which is renowned for clogging pores & leaving a horrible film on skin.

I have dry/combination skin and this didn’t do very much. It wasn’t any more moisturising than cheaper brands and also felt weird on my skin. It didn’t seem to absorb at all. Absolutely pointless!

Clinique is an absolute farce of a brand. They sucker you in with expensive & chic looking packaging and fancy words but there is actually very little beneficial ingredients here.

Save your skin and your money, look elsewhere. Just because something is more pricey does NOT mean it’s high quality.