MAC Extended Play Gigablack Lash

MAC Extended Play Gigablack Lash
Extended Play Gigablack LashMAC Extended Play Gigablack Lash MascaraMaybelline Color Tattoo Cream Gel Shadow Pom Punk

4.2

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This is my second favorite mascara after Guerlain Maxi Lash. When it comes to mascara I prioritize lengthening and separation. The formula is good, but the petite tapered brush with wide-spaced spiraled bristles is truly the star of this product - it allows you to catch and lengthen every. single. lash. right from the root, and to brush them through until adequately separated and clump-free. I don't usually like to use mascara on my lower lashes, so I particularly appreciate that this brush allows me to coat the upper outer corner lashes without accidentally coating the lower ones.

In my opinion, Guerlain Maxi Lash is a superior product because the formula is even more lengthening, as well as LAYERABLE, allowing you to increase lash volume. As such, it's a more versatile product - I can make my lashes more or less subtle depending on the overall look I'm going for. MAC Extended Play Gigablack Lash is not very layerable and therefore offers minimal volumizing action, meaning it can only be used for creating the subtlest of lash looks.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Well, I'm on my third tube? Fourth? (With back-ups on hand) I'm obsessed with this mascara. However - one has to take into consideration that I use it mainly on my bottom lashes. I also use it to "top off" my upper lashes with just about every mascara I use, even Chanel. This little bomb won't smudge - EVER! I've worn it in 100 degree heat with 100% humidity - and it did not smudge. I have oily skin. It should have smudged!!! When I use it to top off my upper lashes it adds just a bit of volume, and it finds every last little lash - and extends what other mascaras won't. I have naturally long lashes (they hit my brow bone with mascara) but for some reason - some mascaras just won't accentuate them like Gigablack will, and it's so black. I just love it. I won't be without it. I usually have two tubes, one i'm using and a back up. For me, it's THAT good. I am a mascara snob -- self confessed. Give it a shot. I mean if nothing else, your bottom lashes will KILL. LOL

on 8/8/2017 3:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Great natural mascara. No clumps and absolutely no smudging plus comes off easily. Also doesn't irritate with contacts. LOVE!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Love this mascara. Have bought endless tubes and keep some as back up in case I run out. It looks great with one coat and can be built up. Packaging is great because it's small and can go into your makeup bag without a huge performance like other brands. It lasts well. Only gripe is that when my eyes water (which they tend to do often) if this mascara runs into my eye it can sting quite a bit. That said, I continue to buy it and absolutely swear by it.

While this mascara literally does nothing to your top lashes, it is wonderful for bottom lashes. Lasts all day, never smudges or flakes. Applies really easily too: it is neither wet, nor dry. I absolutely love it and would recommend to anyone, who wants to rock that bold bottom lash Kim K look. You can see how it looks on lashes here (http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2017/06/21/MAC-Haul-Something-New-Something-Old-Something-Gifted) but generally speaking if you don't mind spending 18 USD on a bottom lash mascara - check it out!

At first, I loved this mascara because it was the first tubular/long wear mascara I had tried, and therefore, my first time having mascara that didn't run! It definitely stays put, and doesn't run at all. But after a while, I realized it doesn't have much else going for it beyond staying put. It adds some definition, but does not add much in terms of volume or length to my lashes. It's not bad, just a bit blah. And I could never get it off without using either makeup remover or micellar water on a cotton pad - with just warm water, it would all come off my lashes and glue onto the skin below my eyes. Other long wear (tubular/ non water proof) mascaras I have tried now do come off just with warm water. So, it's ok, and better than what I had before, but I have moved on. I am coming to realize that Mac products just don't work that well for me - I know they are good, just not the best for me. The price I think is reasonable for what it is.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I like the brush on this but it adds no volume just lengthens. This made my curl droop and it flaked on me. No one else speaks of this so I don't know if I got an old tube or something. I'm really ticked off. Not the best of the tubing mascaras by far.

on 5/10/2017 1:13:00 PM

I like the slim packaging, the no nonsense brush. It provides a natural but noticeable look, and it stays put through the day, even if it rains on you. My problem with it is with removal - it does not come off just with warm water as advertised. I end up with panda eyes after removal with warm water, and even following with a cleanser (micellar water or a soapy cleanser). It does not like oil cleansers. It seems no matter what I do I can't remove it fully, and after multiple days of use, I end up with increasing smudges in my under eyes.

I was hoping for a cheaper replacement for my Blinc Amplified, but this is not it.

on 3/25/2017 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a great mascara for anyone with short lashes, or if you want a very natural look for your lashes. It has a short brush, so it's ideal for getting into the inner corner of your eyes. This also works great on bottom lashes. It washes off with warm water.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is probably a good mascara for people with small eyes or short lashes, but it's absolutely not the one for me. It takes a thousand years to build up any kind of volume and to coat all of my lashes. I love the sleek packaging, but not enough to justify the price (I know, it's MAC so what do I expect?) for a mascara that's honestly bang on average. It is good for bottom lashes, but it's not great and it pulls on mine which makes me worry I'll pull them out. After a few hours it gets so dry and flaky that I just want to go home and take it off, and it doesn't curl my lashes at all. Removing it is a nightmare, it takes forever. It extends the lashes nicely and initially they look long and clump-free but it doesn't hold up throughout the day.