MAC Extended Play Gigablack Lash

MAC Extended Play Gigablack Lash
Extended Play Gigablack LashMAC Extended Play Gigablack Lash MascaraMaybelline Color Tattoo Cream Gel Shadow Pom Punk

4.2

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I rarely feel compelled to write a review on a mascara because they usually all do one thing on me, without fail- smudge. I have hooded eyes, and every mascara I've tried, yes, including waterproof, has transferred to my eyelid. Except this one. It gives more of a natural look on the upper lashes, but that's okay for my daily use, when I go out I usually wear false lashes anyways. I love this, would totally recommend, and it's well worth the price. An absolute must have for anyone who suffers with transfer or smudging problems!

on 11/18/2017 1:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

The BEST for bottom lashes!!! Coats perfectly with one coat, dries quick, doesn’t clump or run. I’ve also tried Clinique, Maybelline and It Cosmetics but this one is the most amazing one!!!

on 10/27/2017 8:45:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is a good bottom lash mascara but the covergirl supersizer has a similar wand, is cheaper, and works as good or even better. I like the black brown.

on 8/8/2017 3:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Great natural mascara. No clumps and absolutely no smudging plus comes off easily. Also doesn't irritate with contacts. LOVE!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Well, I'm on my third tube? Fourth? (With back-ups on hand) I'm obsessed with this mascara. However - one has to take into consideration that I use it mainly on my bottom lashes. I also use it to "top off" my upper lashes with just about every mascara I use, even Chanel. This little bomb won't smudge - EVER! I've worn it in 100 degree heat with 100% humidity - and it did not smudge. I have oily skin. It should have smudged!!! When I use it to top off my upper lashes it adds just a bit of volume, and it finds every last little lash - and extends what other mascaras won't. I have naturally long lashes (they hit my brow bone with mascara) but for some reason - some mascaras just won't accentuate them like Gigablack will, and it's so black. I just love it. I won't be without it. I usually have two tubes, one i'm using and a back up. For me, it's THAT good. I am a mascara snob -- self confessed. Give it a shot. I mean if nothing else, your bottom lashes will KILL. LOL

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This is my second favorite mascara after Guerlain Maxi Lash. When it comes to mascara I prioritize lengthening and separation. The formula is good, but the petite tapered brush with wide-spaced spiraled bristles is truly the star of this product - it allows you to catch and lengthen every. single. lash. right from the root, and to brush them through until adequately separated and clump-free. I don't usually like to use mascara on my lower lashes, so I particularly appreciate that this brush allows me to coat the upper outer corner lashes without accidentally coating the lower ones.

In my opinion, Guerlain Maxi Lash is a superior product because the formula is even more lengthening, as well as LAYERABLE, allowing you to increase lash volume. As such, it's a more versatile product - I can make my lashes more or less subtle depending on the overall look I'm going for. MAC Extended Play Gigablack Lash is not very layerable and therefore offers minimal volumizing action, meaning it can only be used for creating the subtlest of lash looks.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Love this mascara. Have bought endless tubes and keep some as back up in case I run out. It looks great with one coat and can be built up. Packaging is great because it's small and can go into your makeup bag without a huge performance like other brands. It lasts well. Only gripe is that when my eyes water (which they tend to do often) if this mascara runs into my eye it can sting quite a bit. That said, I continue to buy it and absolutely swear by it.

While this mascara literally does nothing to your top lashes, it is wonderful for bottom lashes. Lasts all day, never smudges or flakes. Applies really easily too: it is neither wet, nor dry. I absolutely love it and would recommend to anyone, who wants to rock that bold bottom lash Kim K look. You can see how it looks on lashes here (http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2017/06/21/MAC-Haul-Something-New-Something-Old-Something-Gifted) but generally speaking if you don't mind spending 18 USD on a bottom lash mascara - check it out!

At first, I loved this mascara because it was the first tubular/long wear mascara I had tried, and therefore, my first time having mascara that didn't run! It definitely stays put, and doesn't run at all. But after a while, I realized it doesn't have much else going for it beyond staying put. It adds some definition, but does not add much in terms of volume or length to my lashes. It's not bad, just a bit blah. And I could never get it off without using either makeup remover or micellar water on a cotton pad - with just warm water, it would all come off my lashes and glue onto the skin below my eyes. Other long wear (tubular/ non water proof) mascaras I have tried now do come off just with warm water. So, it's ok, and better than what I had before, but I have moved on. I am coming to realize that Mac products just don't work that well for me - I know they are good, just not the best for me. The price I think is reasonable for what it is.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is probably a good mascara for people with small eyes or short lashes, but it's absolutely not the one for me. It takes a thousand years to build up any kind of volume and to coat all of my lashes. I love the sleek packaging, but not enough to justify the price (I know, it's MAC so what do I expect?) for a mascara that's honestly bang on average. It is good for bottom lashes, but it's not great and it pulls on mine which makes me worry I'll pull them out. After a few hours it gets so dry and flaky that I just want to go home and take it off, and it doesn't curl my lashes at all. Removing it is a nightmare, it takes forever. It extends the lashes nicely and initially they look long and clump-free but it doesn't hold up throughout the day.