L.A. Colors Top Coat-Rapid dry

2.9

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Got this at the dollar tree and I'm extremely unimpressed. This did not dry quick even after 30 mins and my nails felt a bit tacky even though I waited a few mins to touch it (luckily, no polish rubbed off my fingers). Hopped in the shower after an hr after I applied this top coat and had major shrinkage. Had to redo my nails!!! So much happier with my nyc grand central station for a fast dry topcoat for super cheap!

on 2/8/2016 7:35:00 AM

This is the best for a clear polish I've tried it as a top coat and it doesn't dry rapidly over other polish BUT as a clear polish and to strengthen nails it works!!!! I always had dry breaking nails couldn't grow nails ever but I started using this and havent had a nail break or split at all and my nails are now long I never thought that would happen. It is perfect for damaged nails to be used by itself try it you will see what I say is true.

To Read all 9 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/31/2015 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I think this is without the shadow of a doubt the best quick dry topcoat I've ever used. I have literally used some of the most expensive, and they don't match up to this. It's fast like it claims, it's hard, and it's very shiny. Your nails almost look wet. The packaging looks current, clean, easy-to-read, and basic. For the price, you cannot beat it. I LOVE IT! ;)

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

Horrible. I never tried this as a quick dry top coat because it already dried slowly on day-old polish. But that isn't the worst part. After showering, I noticed that my polish was peeling on every nail. Totally wrecked my manicure and I had to remove it. Top coat is supposed to make polish stay on longer but this does the complete opposite.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Totally rubbish top coat - chipped easily, the brush is too small & doesn't carry enough varnish to it's hard to get an even coat. Have switched to seche vite & it is THE BEST.

This took FOREVER to dry. Two hours and it still had not cured. Even with a hair dryer - which didn't help at all, by the way. Not rapid at all. It also dries to a rubbery finish I can dent with a fairly gentle effort - so it's won't look good for long. It does have a glorious shine to it though, which is nice. But, after one day, I'm going to have to redo this manicure due to peeling (I've never had this problem before!) and the nicks and scratches in the top coat. I feel like I've wasted a dollar.

I've been a nail polish addict for a few years now, and this is a great fast drying topcoat if your not willing to spend the money on a more expensive one.

Now, I was always under the impression that this wasn't one of those topcoats that helps your polish dry faster, instead being a top coat that dries fast itself. So, I've always used it on polish that was already hard to the touch. Otherwise, you'll smear and smudge your polish, which is never a good thing. But by itself, this top coat dries fast, compared to most other top coats.

This top coat is also very shiny. Do not use this on matte or suede polish! It'll ruin the effect. However, if you have a textured polish (matte, suede, sand, whatever...) that you don't like the texture to, or just want something different, you can apply this over it for a very shiny glossy look.

Honestly, I really use this topcoat for making my own polishes with. If you have holographic glitter, you can dump it all into this bottle, shake it up, and you have a very high quality holo polish that dries within seconds!

Anyway, overall, its a great top coat once you know how to use it. It dries very fast, its very glossy, and its only a buck at most dollar stores. Plus, its awesome if you ever want to make your own polish.

I've read other reviews that say you have to apply this on completely dry nails, but if you have to wait until your color is dry, doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose?

I have just now used this product for the first time, and I don't like it. It goes on very thin, which is not bad in itself, but it does not create a high shine; it's more like a gentle sheen. I've tried extra coats on some nails, but it hasn't helped. The finish is still somewhat dull and is no shinier than my nails were before I applied the top coat.

I'm also at the 20 minute mark and my nails STILL aren't dry.

I won't be able to testify as to how well it wears and protects from chips because I'm so disappointed in how this looks that I'm taking it off and starting over right now.

Good thing it was only a dollar.

on 7/3/2013 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I get this at the Dollar Tree and Family Dollar and for $1 you can't go wrong.

This is a really good cheapy top coat!

*Dries fast!

I usually use this 1x a day or everyother day over my polish and it works great with keeping my polish looking shiney and nice. helps with chipping too!!

Always will be a repurchase!