CHANEL Les 4 Ombres - 74 Nymphea Quad

Filtered by eye Color : Green
CHANEL Les 4 Ombres - 74 Nymphea Quad

4.1

My makeup artist used this quad on me for my wedding. I loved the look and purchased it, thinking it would be reserved for special occasions. Nope, I use it all the time! I use the pink as a wash, the brown on the crease and v, and the green on over the iris part of my lid. It's great for during the work-week; in fact, I rarely use it for special occasions after all because it's so clean and understated rather than dramatic. Pigmentation and texture are both fantastic.

on 3/13/2009 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This is one of the few e/s products that I have had over the years and used up, hit pan and went out and bought again. Need I say more. Very pretty, soft colours, neutrals with a gorgeous soft green. The ma at Chanel today, put the light champagne on brow bone & inner corner as a hilite, the green on ball of lid & inner half, the peachy colour on outer half of lid and crease and then dark brown on outer corner, outer half of crease. She also paired w/black jade liner which I do already have. I am very PPP so this does show up great on me. I highly recommend. I'm sure in another 3 years I will go replace again. Please, please dont discontinue this one, Chanel!!

on 4/6/2007 1:24:00 PM

I really like all the colors and the quality of this palette. They seem to work very well with my green eyes and pale skin. All the colors are quite shimmery without being over the top, they're easy to work with and blend and pigmentation is good. The shimmery light champagne color works very well as a highlighter. The golden green one is not as scary to work with as it might seem in the beginning, it is fairly muted once applied. The shimmery pink is by far my favourite that works well togheter with other shadows and for both daytime and nighttime wear. I take this with me when I travel and I feel like I'm all set for anything.

on 3/1/2007 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine

Love these shadows:) they are pretty and suit my blue green eyes well. Will buy again.

on 2/22/2007 7:52:00 AM

This is my HG quad for an everyday professional look. I find the colors easy to blend, perfectly pigmented and long-lasting. The colors consist of Java (neutral brown), Sea Mist (pale minty green), Champagne (ivory), and Blossom (pink with a touch of gold) - all are slightly shimmery without being over-the-top. I use Blossom up to the crease, Java in the crease, Champagne to highlight, and a touch of Sea Mist at the outside corner to give my eyes a little lift. I have had plenty of Clinique, Lancome, MAC, Stila, and UD in the past, but nothing satisfies me like Chanel's quads.

on 12/20/2006 7:40:00 PM

I loved this chanel shadow quad, they glide on amazingly soft and smooth, are easy to apply with either finger or applicator. the lighter shades really brighten up the eyes, and as the instruction indicates, all colors are easily blended together. i dont think i would have to buy it again since there's quite a lot of product!

on 12/7/2005 1:31:00 PM

I think I still haven't figured out using this quad effectively. I like the brown the most and the green the least. It lasts very long like all Chanel eye shadows. But I don't like the yellow undertone. I will still be using it for a subtle day makeup.

on 9/4/2005 8:20:00 AM

Lovely shimmery eyeshadow, all the colours are very useable. The green looks a little bright in the compact but actually is very subtle when applied. I usually throw the applicators that come with eyeshadow away and use a brush, but these ones somehow seem to transfer the colour well without lots of product staying on the sponge and being wasted. Of course the only problem is that being Chanel it's rather expensive. The dark brown colour is a gorgeous shimmery chocolate and works very well as a liner.

on 4/18/2005 12:36:00 AM

I love these shades. I am fair skinned with dark hair and green eyes. These work really well for me.

The MA originally used Mysteres on me, but they were out so I purchased this set instead and am so glad I did. It's wonderful for everyday wear.

on 10/29/2004 2:20:00 PM

This was my frist Channel eyeshadow purchase. I fell in love with these colors and they looked like they would suit my neutral ppp to lll coloring and green eyes.

I was so disappointed that when I applied them they had no color depth and read as a pale barely there shimmer. My lids are somewhat dark compared to the rest of my skin so I tried these with a neutral base shadow, with MAC barecanvas paint, and even MAC's Cream Color which never fails to bring out color and nothing worked. I applied them with a brush, a sponge applicator, dry and wet. Applied wet they looked great for about three minutes before they dried to the same powdery shimmered nothingness. The texture was a bit gritty and piling it on just made it worse. All in a very disappointing product.