Chanel Les 4 Ombres - 74 Nymphea Quad

Filtered by eye Color : Black
Chanel Les 4 Ombres - 74 Nymphea Quad

4.6

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Please click continued for the swatches.

The java shade is a shimmery chocolate brown with no red undertones on me - love this. Blossom is the pink shade that has a hint of gold and sea mist is the beautiful shimmery pale minty green. These two shades go well together to my surprise with a beautiful golden sheen! The champagne shade gives a satin finish, which imo is less shimmery than the other 3 shades, and it serves well as highlighting. Actually, all of them are very blendable.

For reference, I own the Euro version. The pigmentation is okay but I find it hard to get the colour show up with my dry brush. I have to use my finger to get the powder on my lids and blend with the brush, or to use these shadows "wet". I use this over LM's eye basics in linen. I guess it's better to use this over a base for better colour payoff. Note that this may not be the thing you want if you like very strong and bold colours.

As for staying power, it's not particular impressive for this price. It's better if the e/s is worn wet. I just wish it can stay longer on me. It lasted on me better with the LM eye basics. No problem on creasing on me though this generally isn't a problem for me. I will be repurchasing as I love the golden sheen created! :)

continued >>

on 10/29/2005 10:16:00 AM

Chanel makes beautiful product. I'm now all hooked onto their makeup collections. The eyeshadows are beautiful! and long lasting. I personally like subtle colors that aren't loud, so I find that their combinations of colors suit my personality a lot. The only down side is the price, it's about $ 66 after tax. very expensive, but it lasts a long time :)

on 4/4/2005 1:25:00 PM

I love this shadow! I bought it a month ago and it is the only eye shadow kit I'm using now. It lasts for quite long, although not all day, but enough for me. The texture is great, they all have a shimmer, and everyone compliments me on eye make up now...

on 1/9/2005 1:09:00 PM

Though the price tag was a bit staggering at the counter, I will admit I was drawn to it since it contained very versatile colours in a beautful palette. For starters, I appreciate how Chanel made the mirror so large for this palette. I hardly ever touch up my eye makeup during the day but should I ever need a mirror, this is what I pull out!

As for colours, many may consider this blase and common but the colour combination is what pulls this palette together. I also like the shimmer to each shade. It's noticeable without being frosty. The shimmer is a golden hue for all 4 shades.

The highlight colour of champagne beige is quite pretty and though it's similar to others, this one has further colour depth that makes it closer to taupe. Since it's a bit deeper, it shows up on my NC30 skin much better. The next shade is a dark chocolate brown. Of all the shades, this one is the least unique. It's a staple colour and your standard liner colour. The next two are what makes this quad interesting. There is a pistachio cream shade with a golden reflective hue. Quite pretty and can be sheered out nicely to give a beautiful overlay of green rather than a bold obnoxious green. I love this shade in the spring. The last colour is a gorgeous tourmaline pink with a gold sheen.
The quality is quite good... easy blendability and nice satin shimmery finish. It's not as pigmented as the individual chanel shadows but they're decent.

My favourite look to date with this combo is light light wash of the pistachio cream up just past the crease with the champagne on the inner 'v'. Use the chocolate brown on the upper outer 1/4 and slightly smoked up and out. continued >>

on 6/30/2003 7:44:00 PM

Excellent and very practical colors. The powder is soft and fine, easy to apply.

Top Rated Eye Shadow