CHANEL Les 4 Ombres - 74 Nymphea Quad

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
CHANEL Les 4 Ombres - 74 Nymphea Quad

4.1

on 7/4/2014 10:51:00 PM

My absolute favorite eyeshadow palette. Applies beautifully and truly lasts all day. It's sophiticated, but has enough shimmer to keep things interesting and fun. I was scared that the peach color was far too orange for my NC20ish skin, but to my suprise, it looks amazing, and I've recieved many compliments on the color. The dark brown is also beautiful and deep, one of the best browns I've ever used. I find that I don't really use the green color as much, mostly because I honestly don't really know what to do with it. It is a lovely color, but I just can't find a use for it, which is annoying, since that green alone is probably worth around $15.

on 5/2/2014 9:15:00 PM

Iíve had this quad forever and every time I pull it out to use it I remember just how lovely it is. I am NC15-ish with auburn hair and brown eyes and find the colors pigmented enough to create very pretty daytime looks. These shadows arenít going to work for anyone with dark skin or looking for dramatic color payoff. The color descriptions in the previous reviews are accurate: a beautiful bone-colored beige, a peach/pink, a pale green and a mid-tone brown. I like to swipe the bone all over my lid and brow bone, use the peach/pink (which reads more pink on me) on my lids and use the brown in the crease. All shades have dimension to them without being too powdery, shimmery, sparkly or glittery.

on 9/15/2011 1:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I love these shadows beyond belief and am so sorry they are being discontinued.
I will state though, having read some of the other comments, they work best on someone with dark hair, dark eyes and very pale skin.
This is my coloring so I can say honestly that this palette makes my eyes just "POP"; I usually do a light eye with a deeper lip and have found the green really adds a nice glint to the lid.
Now as for those who prefer Dior to Chanel, I worked for Christian Dior Cosmetics in the past and loved their shadows, but Chanel shadows are just as lovely. Dior used to also do sheer textured shadows, but stopped those many years back.
If you are looking for a shadow palette that has intense color, this will not work for you. All the colors in this palette are sheer, pearly and meant to be layered and blended. A sort of Impressionistic approach to shadow, so to speak.
When I used to think of doing a make-up on someone for their wedding day, this was always a go to palette, with an eye-shadow base used first though.
Actually for anyone who wants more oomph out of this palette, definitely use a shadow base first, it makes a world of difference.

First weeks after I'd bought Le 4 Ombres in Nymphea, I feel little disappointed. The color too sheer even I always wear eye shadow base (Christian Dior Nude).
After I tried Lisa Eldridge's make up lesson about natural make up (watch it, it's really working), I love this eyeshadow !
You can count on Chanel to make a woman looks beautiful in a subtle and understated way.
The pink contains subtle golden sparkle that make eyes look bright. The green is quite sheer but very pretty.
Nymphea is definitely everyday eyeshadow, it's not for smokey eyes or something bold.

on 8/25/2010 10:42:00 PM

This is my first eyeshadow from Chanel. Being an avid lover of MAC, I find that the Chanel quad lacks oomph. Pigments are not dense and do not last. I wouldn't buy them again although I fell in love with the pinkish cream, peachy pink and green!

on 4/24/2010 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

This is a beautiful palette! The colors are mint green, cream, a light coral and a brown that I would describe as milk chocolate. I would have never thought to use the mint green...it really brightens the eye area and makes my eyes pop. I use this in the inner V, the coral in the middle of the lid, brown at the outer V and the cream as a highlighter. I have really been into to smokey look, but this quad gives me a fresh, soft look. Perfect for spring and summer. I'm sure I can also create a light smokey look with this palette adding to its versatility. At the time of purchase, the MUA informed me that Chanel will discontinue this product soon. I'll have to buy another to keep as back up. It is worth every penny I spent on it.

on 12/16/2009 4:18:00 PM

Very pretty light shimmery shades. A creme e/s underneath will really make the colors pop. Once I used MAC's bare study and it turned out nice; next time I tried NYX's strawberry milk and WOW, it was just beautiful. I got so many compliments that day. It's pricey, but a very nice quad.

too damn expensive for what you get. i bought this quad when i was working at one of the cosmetics counters at Macy's so i got a discount on it. and even with my employee discount i thought it was too expensive. i really liked the texture and colors but these shadows don't have enough pigment. the powder is very finely milled which i like but i expected way more out of these shadows. when i use the beige, coral, and light green shadows together. it doesn't even look like i'm wearing different colors. it all just ends up looking like the same shade of beige. i haven't hit the pan on any of the colors yet even though i've used quite a bit of the beige so i don't know how much product is really in it. but that's mostly cuz i rarely reach for this quad since it's just not enough pigment. this is my "i'm in a rush and i need to put on something" quad. to me, this quad is like paying way too much just to get the natural/not wearing makeup look. never wasting money on Chanel ever again!

EDIT: i just popped the top off the inside of the compact to see how much product there is. my quad is fairly new so it has the square shadows as opposed to the circles. the squares are pretty recessed into the compact. well anyways. you get the same amount of each color as you would a full size MAC or Urban Decay shadow.

on 4/1/2009 6:23:00 PM

I think this is being D/C'ed. My first Chanel eyeshadow and I like it. The texture is very pretty. The color could go from soft to more intense. The powerder is finely milled and it doesn't flake/cake on me. With UDPP as a base, colors last all day. I think the colors get better during the day for me.

on 1/8/2009 2:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This quad contains a sheer beige and brown that are both very useful. The other green and shimmery reddish color are also fun to play with. All the colors are very sheer and great for day time use. The green color is particularly flattering for warm skin tones. The texture is the same as the other Chanel quads. Would repurchase if I ever ran out.