CHANEL Les 4 Ombres - 74 Nymphea Quad

Filtered by hair type : Other
CHANEL Les 4 Ombres - 74 Nymphea Quad

4.1

on 7/4/2014 10:51:00 PM

My absolute favorite eyeshadow palette. Applies beautifully and truly lasts all day. It's sophiticated, but has enough shimmer to keep things interesting and fun. I was scared that the peach color was far too orange for my NC20ish skin, but to my suprise, it looks amazing, and I've recieved many compliments on the color. The dark brown is also beautiful and deep, one of the best browns I've ever used. I find that I don't really use the green color as much, mostly because I honestly don't really know what to do with it. It is a lovely color, but I just can't find a use for it, which is annoying, since that green alone is probably worth around $15.

My makeup artist used this quad on me for my wedding. I loved the look and purchased it, thinking it would be reserved for special occasions. Nope, I use it all the time! I use the pink as a wash, the brown on the crease and v, and the green on over the iris part of my lid. It's great for during the work-week; in fact, I rarely use it for special occasions after all because it's so clean and understated rather than dramatic. Pigmentation and texture are both fantastic.

too damn expensive for what you get. i bought this quad when i was working at one of the cosmetics counters at Macy's so i got a discount on it. and even with my employee discount i thought it was too expensive. i really liked the texture and colors but these shadows don't have enough pigment. the powder is very finely milled which i like but i expected way more out of these shadows. when i use the beige, coral, and light green shadows together. it doesn't even look like i'm wearing different colors. it all just ends up looking like the same shade of beige. i haven't hit the pan on any of the colors yet even though i've used quite a bit of the beige so i don't know how much product is really in it. but that's mostly cuz i rarely reach for this quad since it's just not enough pigment. this is my "i'm in a rush and i need to put on something" quad. to me, this quad is like paying way too much just to get the natural/not wearing makeup look. never wasting money on Chanel ever again!

EDIT: i just popped the top off the inside of the compact to see how much product there is. my quad is fairly new so it has the square shadows as opposed to the circles. the squares are pretty recessed into the compact. well anyways. you get the same amount of each color as you would a full size MAC or Urban Decay shadow.

on 1/8/2009 2:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This quad contains a sheer beige and brown that are both very useful. The other green and shimmery reddish color are also fun to play with. All the colors are very sheer and great for day time use. The green color is particularly flattering for warm skin tones. The texture is the same as the other Chanel quads. Would repurchase if I ever ran out.

Hands down best quad ever released by Chanel. Great neutrals, sexy, innocent...the name fits the quad perfectly. I wish these formulas would last longer, but the color and feel are so great, you just have to say "oh well, pass the urban decay eyeshadow primer" (even though that can make it look a touch cakey).

on 7/25/2007 8:40:00 AM

This quad is really pretty. I used all 4 colors, applying the pale green shade at the center of my eyelid. You could easily use 2 of the 4 or 3 of the 4 and achieve a pretty look. I would repurchase it again but will most likely never use it up as I own so many shadows and NEVER stick to the same look 2 days in a row. The quality of these shadows is top notch and while expensive, I think you get what you pay for, at least IMO.

on 7/15/2005 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have found this eyeshadow quad to be very good. I find the green shade really makes my grey eyes pop, and the other colours are very complimentary. They can be used in any combination. The green is the nicest and most natural green I have ever used, the peach is gorgeous and the chocolate is useful as either a crease colour blended well or a liner. The texture is fabulous, they are smooth, extremely easy to blend and finely milled. I absolutey adore the packaging, the chanel c's are the height of sophistication, and nobody would hesitate to produce this beautiful compact in public.

I love the colors of this spring-themed quad. The colors are soft and natural-looking for everyday wear. But the texture of these eyeshadows is rather gritty, and after several hours, you will find the gritty pigment settled into the lines under your eyes. If you really want to splurge on a Chanel quad, try Frissons... The texture is silky, the staying power is amazing, and the colors are nothing short of alluring!

on 12/13/2003 5:03:00 PM

I can't believe that I haven't reviewed this before! Nymphea is one of the most beautiful Chanel quads! The 4 colors are a nice champagne, a lucius peach, a pistache shade and a dark chocolate brown, all of them with golden shimmer. This quad flatters my blue-grey eyes so much! I especielly love the champagne on the lid with the peach applied at the outer third in out-upwards motion. Makes my eyes look ethereal!

This compact comes with four small shadows (pink/gold, brown, moss green, and cream). All are shimmery and I like them very much. They apply very sheer and are quite easy to blend. I would buy more Chanel eyeshadows.