CHANEL Les 4 Ombres - 74 Nymphea Quad

CHANEL Les 4 Ombres - 74 Nymphea Quad

3.4

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love Chanel shadows. This palette is so soft and pretty. The colors look so pretty together. I put a little green right over my pupil and it makes my eyes pop. Chanel's shadows have a great texture and consistency. They wear all day. I wouldn't rebuy... only because I think this palette will last my lifetime.

on 9/4/2005 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

What attracted me to this quad were the reviews here ( weren't we all XD ), and I got a good deal off Yahoo Auction for around 35 US$ for a brand new compact. When I received it I was indeed impressed with the color coordination and seeming quality, but they were kind of gritty when I tried to sweep them on, like their cheaper counterpart Bourjois. I find it also annoying that it crumbles and powder flies everywhere even just sitting in the case, let alone carrying it out for actual touch-ups, I spend so much time cleaning it up trying to maintain the chic black minimalist casing. In terms of color they are pretty good tho, since I'm Asian with black hair i can use the brown shade as a summer brow color, the rose for blush and the champagne for highlight, making this a good travel accessory or when I'm rushing off to school but still wanna wear makeup. The "ethereal" green is my fav, it's really the color of pastachio nuts with golden/peach shimmers (on me) and gives off an airy sheen when applied wet. Would not buy again because of the packaging (ugh!) and because I always find great new products that make me forget the old :P

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Love, love, love this quad. I have dark brown hair/eyes, and stila 40 watt skin. The colors looked gorgeous on me! I especially love the light lime color as a highlight on my brow bone. Get this quad if you can because it's truly worth every dollar.

on 11/21/2003 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Ah another Chanel quad to waste $53 on, only to be disappointed once you get it home. Now to the colors. Nymphea consists of pale (almost minty) green shimmer, pale pink shimmer, pale beige shimmer, and deep rich brown shimmer. Once on, these shades have little oomph except for the brown, and that's only because it's so much darker. I didn't see anything special or unique about the colors once applied. This was basically a "blah" experience. I have seen similar palettes with more pigmentation and a lot less money in drug stores.

on 11/7/2003 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I'm definitely in the minority here. This quad did not work on my mmm/ggg skin with medium brown eyes. i looked so tired and washed out. The first time i tried it at the Chanel counter the MA put it on. It 's the only time ever that my husband of 15 years makes a comment on my mu. I look terrible! After really wanting some high end eye shadows and not finding many colors i really liked at MAC i went again to Chanel to try this quad and also Vega. This time i told them i was applying it. I did it with a much lighter hand than the MA did. I looked much more natural but it did nothing for me. By the time i got home from the store it was fading and i looked tired. i think the green is too cool of a green for my ggg skin.