CHANEL Les 4 Ombres - 74 Nymphea Quad

CHANEL Les 4 Ombres - 74 Nymphea Quad

4.3

on 4/24/2010 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

This is a beautiful palette! The colors are mint green, cream, a light coral and a brown that I would describe as milk chocolate. I would have never thought to use the mint green...it really brightens the eye area and makes my eyes pop. I use this in the inner V, the coral in the middle of the lid, brown at the outer V and the cream as a highlighter. I have really been into to smokey look, but this quad gives me a fresh, soft look. Perfect for spring and summer. I'm sure I can also create a light smokey look with this palette adding to its versatility. At the time of purchase, the MUA informed me that Chanel will discontinue this product soon. I'll have to buy another to keep as back up. It is worth every penny I spent on it.

on 10/29/2009 1:49:00 PM

so sad this is being discontinued, my heart breaks. the colors are beautiful and blend so easy.

on 3/13/2009 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This is one of the few e/s products that I have had over the years and used up, hit pan and went out and bought again. Need I say more. Very pretty, soft colours, neutrals with a gorgeous soft green. The ma at Chanel today, put the light champagne on brow bone & inner corner as a hilite, the green on ball of lid & inner half, the peachy colour on outer half of lid and crease and then dark brown on outer corner, outer half of crease. She also paired w/black jade liner which I do already have. I am very PPP so this does show up great on me. I highly recommend. I'm sure in another 3 years I will go replace again. Please, please dont discontinue this one, Chanel!!

on 1/8/2009 2:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This quad contains a sheer beige and brown that are both very useful. The other green and shimmery reddish color are also fun to play with. All the colors are very sheer and great for day time use. The green color is particularly flattering for warm skin tones. The texture is the same as the other Chanel quads. Would repurchase if I ever ran out.

on 12/15/2005 6:07:00 AM

I did not like this quad as much as I like many others and I decided to get rid of it. Biggest problem with this one is that there is no good highlighting shade. The champagne color here is not light enough. The green does not look much like green when applied and the coral pink just looks ugly to my taste.The only color I think was just ok was the brown one and that did not make my eyes to stand out. I choose Spices before this in any day. I find it working better on me. My colouring: very fair skin, cool undertones, blue eyes, dark hair. Wont repurchase though quality is good.

on 7/15/2005 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have found this eyeshadow quad to be very good. I find the green shade really makes my grey eyes pop, and the other colours are very complimentary. They can be used in any combination. The green is the nicest and most natural green I have ever used, the peach is gorgeous and the chocolate is useful as either a crease colour blended well or a liner. The texture is fabulous, they are smooth, extremely easy to blend and finely milled. I absolutey adore the packaging, the chanel c's are the height of sophistication, and nobody would hesitate to produce this beautiful compact in public.

on 4/11/2004 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

OH my lord. This is the perfect combination of earthy tones combined in one quad pallet! This nymphea quadra comes with the following shades (all shimmer, but not disco crazy "look at me" shimmer): a nice pale beige (base, highlight), a medium pinky-rose, a pale green (so nice and adds a little bit of funk to this quad), and finally, a deep shade of brown (great for creases, outer corners, as well as used wet as an eyeliner). The quality of all CHanel products that i've used so far has never failed me yet, but these e/s could be more pigmented to be even better. However, they are easily blended with one-another, and of course, you don't have to use all four colours unless you really feel like you're in the mood. The four colours are arranged in a square, and are placed in a super sleep black compact WITH A MIRROR!!!! Two sponge tipped applicators come wiht it as well, but i could never not use my make up brushes anymore ;) Just to add a little bit of typical flare to this packaging, it comes with a super nice velvety pouch for the compact! whoa :) (now i can kinda guess where all our money goes...grr ;) Super versatile shades.