Chanel Les 4 Ombres - 74 Nymphea Quad

Chanel Les 4 Ombres - 74 Nymphea Quad

4.1

on 3/21/2006 11:44:00 AM

This was my first Chanel make-up product and I was so disappointed. I have tried it out several times but it just doesn't seem to work for me. The colours are too muted on skin and I don't think it lasts very well compared to most of my other eyeshadows (MAC and Urban Decay). I would suggest that if the cream appeals to you just buy Bourjois' Beige Rose which is basically the same but I find has a better application result. I also find that the shadow breaks up alot more than even my cheaper eyeshadows. Overall - v.poor (that's the performance AND me after buying it!) :o(

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

i came into this from my mother in law. we live with her. i am pale. the colors did not do well for me and she even agreed. this is a pretty product to give, but it did not work on my color skin. i looked more pale.

on 11/7/2003 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I'm definitely in the minority here. This quad did not work on my mmm/ggg skin with medium brown eyes. i looked so tired and washed out. The first time i tried it at the Chanel counter the MA put it on. It 's the only time ever that my husband of 15 years makes a comment on my mu. I look terrible! After really wanting some high end eye shadows and not finding many colors i really liked at MAC i went again to Chanel to try this quad and also Vega. This time i told them i was applying it. I did it with a much lighter hand than the MA did. I looked much more natural but it did nothing for me. By the time i got home from the store it was fading and i looked tired. i think the green is too cool of a green for my ggg skin.

on 3/31/2011 6:36:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I went to the beauty counter and the SA insisted to do my make-up, she had some products she was sure I would love. On some of them she was right but this one was really a disappointment.
As anybody can see the colours are gorgeous, she used them all on me and they looked really great. Once at home I tried applying them with water as the colour would come better out, it created a hard shell on the shadows, I never used it with water again. Now i use them dry on primer and they never last 1 working day. I look great when i leave home and the first few hours that I'm at work but at noon when I check my makeup you can barely distinguish the colours and if I don't touch up you don't see anything once I get home.
I find it really sad as they are gorgeous and quite expensive, I paid almoste 50 for them so I expected some better quality and especially from chanel.

on 4/24/2010 7:19:00 PM

Hmm....i think you could spend the money on better things. The colours are nice, but none of the product seems to come off of the blocks, they're like little rocks. Not the smooth, rich consistency you would expect from Chanel. at least you can't really use them up quickly. I like the colours, although they seem to blend together into a sort of grey colour. nevertheless, they make my eyes kinda 'pop', but i think there are better products out there. Not bad, but not really worth the money.

too damn expensive for what you get. i bought this quad when i was working at one of the cosmetics counters at Macy's so i got a discount on it. and even with my employee discount i thought it was too expensive. i really liked the texture and colors but these shadows don't have enough pigment. the powder is very finely milled which i like but i expected way more out of these shadows. when i use the beige, coral, and light green shadows together. it doesn't even look like i'm wearing different colors. it all just ends up looking like the same shade of beige. i haven't hit the pan on any of the colors yet even though i've used quite a bit of the beige so i don't know how much product is really in it. but that's mostly cuz i rarely reach for this quad since it's just not enough pigment. this is my "i'm in a rush and i need to put on something" quad. to me, this quad is like paying way too much just to get the natural/not wearing makeup look. never wasting money on Chanel ever again!

EDIT: i just popped the top off the inside of the compact to see how much product there is. my quad is fairly new so it has the square shadows as opposed to the circles. the squares are pretty recessed into the compact. well anyways. you get the same amount of each color as you would a full size MAC or Urban Decay shadow.

on 12/31/2008 6:32:00 AM

too much money for such a small quantity. i used up the beige e/s in a month because pigmentation wasn't that great either. nothing too exciting about the colours too- at that price you can get the same colours at MAC with more quantity and pigmentation.

No reason to buy quad from Chanel again

I have a bit of a problem with Chanel eyeshadow. Its just not as pigmented as i would like. Maybe i'm spoiled with using too many MAC and UD products along the way but for the price, you'd expect quality - and quantity. This could have been the first in a long line of quads but it stopped here. I only liked two colours and was surprised to find a block of wood more than twice the thickness of th actual shadow. I believe in value for money and with Chanel supposedly priding themselves on this concept, i expected more. I really feel you're paying for the packaging, here and am more than a little disappointed.

on 10/29/2004 2:20:00 PM

This was my frist Channel eyeshadow purchase. I fell in love with these colors and they looked like they would suit my neutral ppp to lll coloring and green eyes.

I was so disappointed that when I applied them they had no color depth and read as a pale barely there shimmer. My lids are somewhat dark compared to the rest of my skin so I tried these with a neutral base shadow, with MAC barecanvas paint, and even MAC's Cream Color which never fails to bring out color and nothing worked. I applied them with a brush, a sponge applicator, dry and wet. Applied wet they looked great for about three minutes before they dried to the same powdery shimmered nothingness. The texture was a bit gritty and piling it on just made it worse. All in a very disappointing product.

I pretty much agree with the reviewer below. Not only did the shades lose their complexity once I applied them, the shadows seemed dry, unblendable, irritating to my eyes, and they made my PPP complexion look mottled-- looked like I'd been punched by a mermaid. This palette did nothing for me, but since I liked the idea of the color combinations but didn't enjoy the overly-frosty Chanel shadows, I made up my own Nymphea, with beautiful results: I use Shu M Pink 102 as a wash, Shu ME 945 in the crease and to line, Chantecaille Lemongrass in the middle of my lid and sometimes under the brow, and MAC Vanilla pigment if I want the creamy white to highlight. If Nymphea didn't work for you but you're still intrigued by the colors, try this.