Chanel Les 4 Ombres - 74 Nymphea Quad

Filtered by age: 25-29
Chanel Les 4 Ombres - 74 Nymphea Quad

4.1

on 11/14/2011 4:41:00 AM

I dont care for the green or pinkish color. The dark brown is absolutely AMAZING. Best eyeshadow Ive ever tried, hands down. So soft, easy to blend with the perfect amount of shimmer and the look is amazing for a brown smokey eye. Has great lasting power.

The downside? The eyeshadows are very hard and compacted so I find I need to really dig and use a lot to get a decent amount of shadow. Also.. $80 for a palette? I only like ONE color.. I wish they sold these individually and didnt force you to buy the entire thing. $80 is a bit steep for only needing one color. Plus they are discontinuing if not already.. this is a sad day for me.. Im almost out. :(

on 9/15/2011 1:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I love these shadows beyond belief and am so sorry they are being discontinued.
I will state though, having read some of the other comments, they work best on someone with dark hair, dark eyes and very pale skin.
This is my coloring so I can say honestly that this palette makes my eyes just "POP"; I usually do a light eye with a deeper lip and have found the green really adds a nice glint to the lid.
Now as for those who prefer Dior to Chanel, I worked for Christian Dior Cosmetics in the past and loved their shadows, but Chanel shadows are just as lovely. Dior used to also do sheer textured shadows, but stopped those many years back.
If you are looking for a shadow palette that has intense color, this will not work for you. All the colors in this palette are sheer, pearly and meant to be layered and blended. A sort of Impressionistic approach to shadow, so to speak.
When I used to think of doing a make-up on someone for their wedding day, this was always a go to palette, with an eye-shadow base used first though.
Actually for anyone who wants more oomph out of this palette, definitely use a shadow base first, it makes a world of difference.

on 3/31/2011 6:36:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I went to the beauty counter and the SA insisted to do my make-up, she had some products she was sure I would love. On some of them she was right but this one was really a disappointment.
As anybody can see the colours are gorgeous, she used them all on me and they looked really great. Once at home I tried applying them with water as the colour would come better out, it created a hard shell on the shadows, I never used it with water again. Now i use them dry on primer and they never last 1 working day. I look great when i leave home and the first few hours that I'm at work but at noon when I check my makeup you can barely distinguish the colours and if I don't touch up you don't see anything once I get home.
I find it really sad as they are gorgeous and quite expensive, I paid almoste 50 for them so I expected some better quality and especially from chanel.

on 12/31/2008 6:32:00 AM

too much money for such a small quantity. i used up the beige e/s in a month because pigmentation wasn't that great either. nothing too exciting about the colours too- at that price you can get the same colours at MAC with more quantity and pigmentation.

No reason to buy quad from Chanel again

I have a bit of a problem with Chanel eyeshadow. Its just not as pigmented as i would like. Maybe i'm spoiled with using too many MAC and UD products along the way but for the price, you'd expect quality - and quantity. This could have been the first in a long line of quads but it stopped here. I only liked two colours and was surprised to find a block of wood more than twice the thickness of th actual shadow. I believe in value for money and with Chanel supposedly priding themselves on this concept, i expected more. I really feel you're paying for the packaging, here and am more than a little disappointed.

on 3/4/2008 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this eye shadow, best one I used so far... And it works very well with the Chanel eyeshadow blending brush! I couldn't believe that a great brush could make such a big difference... it's a whole new eyeshadow I got now...The colors are great and eventhough I barely used any during the day, this one I bravely use as my everyday work makeup!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I own a few quads from Chanel & this is my favorite. The colours work beautifully together or alternately in pairs of 2. My preferred look is with the creamy beige & the dark brown, a really nice day look. I find, unlike most of the other reviewers that these shadows are very long wearing but it does take a few strokes to build the intensity ( I should mention here I am EXTREMELY PPP, so perhaps this is why they show up well on my skin). I forgo the applicators included & just use my finger, its quicker & more effective. I think its the best way to get the intensity, if like me, you are lazy & cannot be bothered with wetting eyeshadows. I said re-purchase but I'd rather just have the brown & cream shades as they're the ones I use the most, but Chanel doesnt seem to offer these exact shades on their own or as a duo.

Hands down best quad ever released by Chanel. Great neutrals, sexy, innocent...the name fits the quad perfectly. I wish these formulas would last longer, but the color and feel are so great, you just have to say "oh well, pass the urban decay eyeshadow primer" (even though that can make it look a touch cakey).

on 2/22/2007 7:52:00 AM

This is my HG quad for an everyday professional look. I find the colors easy to blend, perfectly pigmented and long-lasting. The colors consist of Java (neutral brown), Sea Mist (pale minty green), Champagne (ivory), and Blossom (pink with a touch of gold) - all are slightly shimmery without being over-the-top. I use Blossom up to the crease, Java in the crease, Champagne to highlight, and a touch of Sea Mist at the outside corner to give my eyes a little lift. I have had plenty of Clinique, Lancome, MAC, Stila, and UD in the past, but nothing satisfies me like Chanel's quads.

on 12/20/2006 7:40:00 PM

I loved this chanel shadow quad, they glide on amazingly soft and smooth, are easy to apply with either finger or applicator. the lighter shades really brighten up the eyes, and as the instruction indicates, all colors are easily blended together. i dont think i would have to buy it again since there's quite a lot of product!