CHANEL Les 4 Ombres - 74 Nymphea Quad

Filtered by age: 19-24
CHANEL Les 4 Ombres - 74 Nymphea Quad

on 10/29/2009 1:49:00 PM

so sad this is being discontinued, my heart breaks. the colors are beautiful and blend so easy.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Overall I like this little pallette. (Christmaspresent: tyvm mum!) It contains a champagne color, a green with a golden shimmer, a pink with golden shimmer and a dark brown. The colors are simply beautifull with a very chique finish. They are easy to blend and are pretty pigmented. The champagne color makes a good highlighter too. Surprisingly enough, the aplicators are quite sturdy too. I tend to have bad experience with aplicators like that.

The reason I took off 2 lippies is because if you don't use a base they only last a couple of hours and because it's expensive. I wouldn't buy it again because I think price-quality considered there are better products out there. I can't say I regret having it either though, because I do like it! If you're a luxury girl who likes fancy brands then you WILL like this, but if you're more the "just give me good quality for a good price" girl then I would leave this pallette.

too damn expensive for what you get. i bought this quad when i was working at one of the cosmetics counters at Macy's so i got a discount on it. and even with my employee discount i thought it was too expensive. i really liked the texture and colors but these shadows don't have enough pigment. the powder is very finely milled which i like but i expected way more out of these shadows. when i use the beige, coral, and light green shadows together. it doesn't even look like i'm wearing different colors. it all just ends up looking like the same shade of beige. i haven't hit the pan on any of the colors yet even though i've used quite a bit of the beige so i don't know how much product is really in it. but that's mostly cuz i rarely reach for this quad since it's just not enough pigment. this is my "i'm in a rush and i need to put on something" quad. to me, this quad is like paying way too much just to get the natural/not wearing makeup look. never wasting money on Chanel ever again!

EDIT: i just popped the top off the inside of the compact to see how much product there is. my quad is fairly new so it has the square shadows as opposed to the circles. the squares are pretty recessed into the compact. well anyways. you get the same amount of each color as you would a full size MAC or Urban Decay shadow.

on 4/17/2009 6:50:00 AM

Im not too enthusiastic about this product. Quality wise these eyeshadows are above average and last pretty long. I love the colors. Very soft and sultry. I mainly used the brown/beige colors but I found I had to use a lot of layers. They are nothing spectacular for the price that you pay. I can pay less than half the price for the same quality shadows. The worst part is probably the packaging. Not only do you get these tiny little goosebump eyeshadows, they line the bottom of each shadow with a thick hard base made of god knows what, which is probably about the size of at least 3 stacked quarters to make it look like you are getting more product than you actually are. In simple terms, I like to call it a rip off. The shadows were used up pretty quick.

on 4/1/2009 6:23:00 PM

I think this is being D/C'ed. My first Chanel eyeshadow and I like it. The texture is very pretty. The color could go from soft to more intense. The powerder is finely milled and it doesn't flake/cake on me. With UDPP as a base, colors last all day. I think the colors get better during the day for me.

on 6/27/2008 10:43:00 AM

I like this pallette because the color combos are endless. It's not just a neutral pallette. You can use them all together, or even incorporate other e/s in with it. I just love the look of Chanel.

i love their eyeshadow palette as the colours are very versatile and it takes me from day to night.
there are many ways to mix the colours around,just have to experiment.
but i find the lighter colours are not very pigmented though.

i receive this as a gift and i like the colours of this palatte.very versatile.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Please click continued for the swatches.

The java shade is a shimmery chocolate brown with no red undertones on me - love this. Blossom is the pink shade that has a hint of gold and sea mist is the beautiful shimmery pale minty green. These two shades go well together to my surprise with a beautiful golden sheen! The champagne shade gives a satin finish, which imo is less shimmery than the other 3 shades, and it serves well as highlighting. Actually, all of them are very blendable.

For reference, I own the Euro version. The pigmentation is okay but I find it hard to get the colour show up with my dry brush. I have to use my finger to get the powder on my lids and blend with the brush, or to use these shadows "wet". I use this over LM's eye basics in linen. I guess it's better to use this over a base for better colour payoff. Note that this may not be the thing you want if you like very strong and bold colours.

As for staying power, it's not particular impressive for this price. It's better if the e/s is worn wet. I just wish it can stay longer on me. It lasted on me better with the LM eye basics. No problem on creasing on me though this generally isn't a problem for me. I will be repurchasing as I love the golden sheen created! :)

continued >>

on 4/6/2007 1:24:00 PM

I really like all the colors and the quality of this palette. They seem to work very well with my green eyes and pale skin. All the colors are quite shimmery without being over the top, they're easy to work with and blend and pigmentation is good. The shimmery light champagne color works very well as a highlighter. The golden green one is not as scary to work with as it might seem in the beginning, it is fairly muted once applied. The shimmery pink is by far my favourite that works well togheter with other shadows and for both daytime and nighttime wear. I take this with me when I travel and I feel like I'm all set for anything.