GLAMGLOW SUPERMUD CLEARING TREATMENT

GLAMGLOW SUPERMUD CLEARING TREATMENT
SUPERMUD CLEARING TREATMENTSUPERMUD CLEARING TREATMENTSUPERMUD CLEARING TREATMENTSUPERMUD CLEARING TREATMENT

3.7

Water, Kaolin, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium Hydroxide, Eucalyptus Globulus, Mandelic Acid, Charcoal, Parfum [Benzyl Benzoate, Linalool], Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, Azelaic Acid, Pyruvic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Maltodextrin, Iron Oxides, Peppermint Oil, Butylene Glycol, Glycyrrhiza Glabra Root Extract, Glycerin, Chamoilla Recutita Flower Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract, Hendera Helix Extract, Symphytum Officinale Leaf Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.

on 10/8/2017 10:06:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought it online and very surprised with the size of the jar: it’s freakin expensive for such a small amount of product! But I was desperate in search of a cure for my adult acne that had kept popping up all over the chin and jawline for months during summer. So I used it as a spot treatment, including on the nose and forehead. First use, I thought the pore effect on the nose was just a marketing gimmick. Second use, I find this product quiet helpful in bringing the blackheads to the surface so it’s easy to remove. It was only until the third use that I found this product to be pretty impressive. My adult acne stop popping up on the affected area, and they begin to disappear! I think this mask has killed the bacteria which makes the acne keep growing. I also find my skin texture is smoother. This mask works solving my acne problem, however it’s too expensive so I will only use and buy it when I have skin problem.

on 9/2/2017 8:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This stuff is expensive, smells weird, and comes in an inconvenient jar.

However, for my oily, sensitive, temperamental skin this works better than MUAC's mandelic or radiance peel.

Use this after a shower, smooth on and let dry. Endure the tingle. And the smell. Wash. Trim and apply Biore strips to the spots that show up dark and speckled, and it will get ALL the gunk out of every pore of your face more than after using any other peel I've tried. (If you really have issues, like I do, you can use a magnifying mirror, fine tweezers, and pull out the stragglers.)

Wish it came in a plastic squeeze bottle.

on 7/15/2017 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I LOVE THIS STUFF. I apply it to acne that feels like its emerging, and this stuff just draws all the "impurities" to the surface and heals forming acne so fast. It's a miracle worker! However, if you have dry skin like me, you need to be careful not to put it on normal/healthy skin. I only spot treat with this, but it still makes my face SO dry that no matter how much I moisturize, I have skin flakes the next day. Love the stuff nevertheless. It lets my skin heal so much quicker! I only wish it were more affordable!

on 7/12/2017 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

At first I hesitated to purchase considering the insane price tag in my country (importation fee sucks!)

I decided to give it a try and got the jar in Sephora. My derm routine costs me a lot anyway and I thought if I can cut my visit to the derm by using this then it'll be worth it.

First application is so over hyped by all youtubers. I got my hopes high. But at first nothing really happened other than my skin felt refreshed after using it.

The next days I had two big, deep pimple on my cheeks due to menstrual cycle.
I keep applying this to the inflamed spot overnight. Occasionally I put on full face before going to bed.

In about a week, after applying it overnight, the pimple popped, in the usual gross way. I extracted everything that remains (note that it popped without me squeezing it, I just pressed around the inflamed area).

Afterwards, I put the mask on again, and overnight again as spot treatment.
To my surprise, once the icky extracting process is done, there is no noticeable scar left!
Usually my skin will look irritated and red after a pimple popped, but not this time. Seems like the mask really did calm down my skin and fight the bacteria.

And the plus side for me is I didn't even need a facial to the derm, or even use my night cream to keep my pores unclogged. Just by using this product, I have calm skin without any other treatments (other than cleansing and sun screen products of course).

Pros:
- Improve skin texture & healing process
- Give brighter complexion (if used more than twice a week)
- Provide the "luxurious clean feel" after using

Cons:
- The price. But considering the less frequent need to do other treatments for me, it's still fine
- Jar opening is so wide. Just make sure you store in dry place, with lid closed tight.
- For deeply clogged skin, professional facials will still be needed since mask products usually work mostly on surface area.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I really want to love this product since it's sooooooo pricy for me. But this product doesn't change mylife at all, I mean I can get the same outcome with inisfree jeju clay mask (and it's cheaper). Sorry glam glow.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This product is so over hyped. I wondered how much GLAMGLOW paid beauty influencers on YouTube to promote this product. I got a sample size at Sephora and I am so glad I didn't pay for a full product.

This product is really harsh for someone who has not used chemical exfoliants before (AHAs and BHAs). I use a BHA regularly and have combination skin that leans oily. This product left my skin feeling very sensitive. It also resulting in purging, which was somewhat expected since I hadn't used a AHA before.

The smell is also awful--licorice.

Lastly, the product separated really badly after about two months. The clay turned to gritty clumps and the liquid separated from it.

This mask falls somewhere in between Vichy's purifying clay mask and Boscia's luminizing black mask. I found it more drying than Vichy's clay mask with the pore purifying strength of Boscia's charcoal mask without the long wait time. But my biggest pet peeve with clay masks is how dry my skin feels after. This mask left my skin red and irritated. I felt like my pores were over vacuumed from this mask. I would not re-purchase this. I do love Glam Glow's thirsty mud, definitely worth the buy.

on 6/9/2017 6:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I don't think I've ever written a review after trying a product for only two times. But I've also never seen more immediate and obvious results of a skincare product!
First time I tried it in the morning, while having one of the worst hormonal breakouts in a long time. I applied a thin layer over my entire face and left it on for about 30 minutes. My skin felt very soft and smooth right after washing it off (but that's a normal momentary reaction of my skin after majority of masks I try) AND the breakout looked considerably diminished (redness reduced, smallest bumps almost completely dried out and gone, pores visibly blurred out). My make-up applied like a charm and looked seriously better than even on the days when I don't have any skin problems! I almost could not believe this effect and was extra attentive when using Supermud the second time. I evaluated my skin condition carefully and applied the mask on my T-zone and directly on a few spots on my cheeks only. Very visible positive results again! And on my skin, it's not just a momentary effect - the mud works as a treatment, the blemishes and spots that were diminished with the help of this product did not reappear a day later.

I want to bath in this Supermud everyday! :) But oh well... I guess I'll stick to T-zone and spot treatment only since it is soooo expensive.

Let me start by saying I have combination skin and a face full of active acne spots and scarring. After reading a lot of positive reviews I was hoping this product would help clear my skin, especially for the price I paid (I went ahead and bought full sized jar which is hella expensive!!). Sadly it didnt do much. I see similiar results using my L'Oreal Clay mask. Yes, it did make my face feel clean, but my blackheads and clogged pores are still there, this mask is not very effective overall. Considering the price I'd say it's not worth it. I tried it once and probably would not repurchase.

on 5/27/2017 7:47:00 PM

I'll say straight up: this product is crazy expensive and you can get similar results with much, much cheaper products. But, nothing can clean my pores out like this. It's some kind of a miracle worker.

PROS:
* My skin felt really clean after this. Like, really clean. And it looked amazing. It's never been as clear pretty much.
* My pores looked much smaller and they were visibly cleared out.
* Your skin feels so soft once you remove it.
* It didn't dry my skin out as much as other clearing masks do.
* You can see the gunk and oil coming out of your skin which is really disgusting and really satisfying at the same time.

CONS:
* the smell is so bad. It reeks of tea, not in a good way.
* the price!
* it has weird chunks of... stuff in it. I couldn't figure out what they were.