GLAMGLOW Supermud Clearing Treatment Masque

GLAMGLOW Supermud Clearing Treatment Masque
Supermud Clearing Treatment MasqueSupermud Clearing Treatment MasqueSupermud Clearing Treatment MasqueSupermud Clearing Treatment Masque

3.7

Water, Kaolin, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium Hydroxide, Eucalyptus Globulus, Mandelic Acid, Charcoal, Parfum [Benzyl Benzoate, Linalool], Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, Azelaic Acid, Pyruvic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Maltodextrin, Iron Oxides, Peppermint Oil, Butylene Glycol, Glycyrrhiza Glabra Root Extract, Glycerin, Chamoilla Recutita Flower Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract, Hendera Helix Extract, Symphytum Officinale Leaf Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Iron Oxide (Black)

on 12/14/2017 9:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I like this mask, and I definitely can feel it working. That being said, it is questionably expensive for what boils down to a regular mud mask. I bought the miniature size, and have been using it on my nose and chin once a week or so, and I do think there is a difference after using it. It dries quickly, which I like, and you can see the dots of oil on the dried clay. Kind of gross, kind of satisfying. I have been following the mask up with a pore strip (I know they are questionable) on my nose to really get all of the gunk out, and it is impressive how clean my pores look afterwards. The mask itself has a kind of strong smell when wet, sort of herbal, but I don't mind it. It definitely tingles going on and while drying. I wouldn't suggest using it all over your face, especially if you have drier areas (for example, I wouldn't use it on my cheeks). It also helps stretch the mask out longer. I like the little pot, it's heavier than you would expect, which makes it feel luxurious. All in all, it's a good mask, but I don't think it is good enough or different enough to warrant buying it again.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I can home from 4 days at a music festival with a congested face of blackheads, which is unusual for me. This cleared them and generally cleaned out my pores. I like that it has active chemical exfoliants as well as the usual clay. I probably wouldn't buy it again just it's expensive and I can make it myself.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I've tried this both as an all-over face mask, and as a pimple clearing spot masque.

As an all over treatment it works ok. After using it regularly (1 - 2 times a week on oily combo skin) I noticed my skin was a bit clearer all over with less blemishes. But it made my skin peel like I'd had a sun-burn, and didn't control the re-appearance of blocked pores on my nose and t-zone like my other masques do. Not as effective as my Queen Helene Masks or my home made clay and pineapple mask. Like most of the Glam Glow masks, this one stings like crazy when it goes on but after 10 minutes it calms down. The scent is licorice, like a mouthwash I once had so I'm not a fan. The colour is charcoal green mask with tiny bits that fall off so don't wear a light top or walk around over your nice cream carpet while it dries. It dries pretty fast. Use a black or old face cloth in the shower to remove as it STAINS white items and makes a mess if you do over the sink.

As a pimple spot masque it is completely useless, and you can't sleep in it overnight like the Queen Helene because little bits go everywhere through the bed and it stains pillowslips, sheets ect. For a great spot mask, I like Queen Helene, it stays on my face and shrinks spots overnight.

I love the packaging, and I cleaned out mine and now store my powdered clay in it that I use for my home-made masques. Its light reflective and looks lovely on display.

on 10/8/2017 10:06:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought it online and very surprised with the size of the jar: it’s freakin expensive for such a small amount of product! But I was desperate in search of a cure for my adult acne that had kept popping up all over the chin and jawline for months during summer. So I used it as a spot treatment, including on the nose and forehead. First use, I thought the pore effect on the nose was just a marketing gimmick. Second use, I find this product quiet helpful in bringing the blackheads to the surface so it’s easy to remove. It was only until the third use that I found this product to be pretty impressive. My adult acne stop popping up on the affected area, and they begin to disappear! I think this mask has killed the bacteria which makes the acne keep growing. I also find my skin texture is smoother. This mask works solving my acne problem, however it’s too expensive so I will only use and buy it when I have skin problem.

on 12/4/2017 10:39:00 PM

I like this mask quite a bit. My face feels very clean and refreshed after using it. My coworker told me about this to help with post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation. I have seen some results but not entirely drastic. I think with prolonged and frequent use it will continue to change. It says on the label for sensitive skin types to stay away, this is because there is peppermint oil in the ingredient list which can cause a stinging feel to the skin. The smell isn't great but isn't bad either.

on 11/16/2017 9:41:00 PM

This a staple in my collection now. If I get a pimple or my skin is looking tired I put this product on my face and wait 20 minutes and it's a miracle! Over night it will seriously reduce the size and lifespan of a pimple. It is pricey and I have gone through mine faster than I would like but it works for me.

on 9/2/2017 8:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This stuff is expensive, smells weird, and comes in an inconvenient jar.

However, for my oily, sensitive, temperamental skin this works better than MUAC's mandelic or radiance peel.

Use this after a shower, smooth on and let dry. Endure the tingle. And the smell. Wash. Trim and apply Biore strips to the spots that show up dark and speckled, and it will get ALL the gunk out of every pore of your face more than after using any other peel I've tried. (If you really have issues, like I do, you can use a magnifying mirror, fine tweezers, and pull out the stragglers.)

Wish it came in a plastic squeeze bottle.

on 7/15/2017 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I LOVE THIS STUFF. I apply it to acne that feels like its emerging, and this stuff just draws all the "impurities" to the surface and heals forming acne so fast. It's a miracle worker! However, if you have dry skin like me, you need to be careful not to put it on normal/healthy skin. I only spot treat with this, but it still makes my face SO dry that no matter how much I moisturize, I have skin flakes the next day. Love the stuff nevertheless. It lets my skin heal so much quicker! I only wish it were more affordable!

on 7/12/2017 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

At first I hesitated to purchase considering the insane price tag in my country (importation fee sucks!)

I decided to give it a try and got the jar in Sephora. My derm routine costs me a lot anyway and I thought if I can cut my visit to the derm by using this then it'll be worth it.

First application is so over hyped by all youtubers. I got my hopes high. But at first nothing really happened other than my skin felt refreshed after using it.

The next days I had two big, deep pimple on my cheeks due to menstrual cycle.
I keep applying this to the inflamed spot overnight. Occasionally I put on full face before going to bed.

In about a week, after applying it overnight, the pimple popped, in the usual gross way. I extracted everything that remains (note that it popped without me squeezing it, I just pressed around the inflamed area).

Afterwards, I put the mask on again, and overnight again as spot treatment.
To my surprise, once the icky extracting process is done, there is no noticeable scar left!
Usually my skin will look irritated and red after a pimple popped, but not this time. Seems like the mask really did calm down my skin and fight the bacteria.

And the plus side for me is I didn't even need a facial to the derm, or even use my night cream to keep my pores unclogged. Just by using this product, I have calm skin without any other treatments (other than cleansing and sun screen products of course).

Pros:
- Improve skin texture & healing process
- Give brighter complexion (if used more than twice a week)
- Provide the "luxurious clean feel" after using

Cons:
- The price. But considering the less frequent need to do other treatments for me, it's still fine
- Jar opening is so wide. Just make sure you store in dry place, with lid closed tight.
- For deeply clogged skin, professional facials will still be needed since mask products usually work mostly on surface area.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I really want to love this product since it's sooooooo pricy for me. But this product doesn't change mylife at all, I mean I can get the same outcome with inisfree jeju clay mask (and it's cheaper). Sorry glam glow.