GLAMGLOW Supermud Clearing Treatment Masque

Filtered by age: 44-55
GLAMGLOW Supermud Clearing Treatment Masque
Supermud Clearing Treatment MasqueSupermud Clearing Treatment MasqueSupermud Clearing Treatment MasqueSupermud Clearing Treatment Masque

3.1

Water, Kaolin, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium Hydroxide, Eucalyptus Globulus, Mandelic Acid, Charcoal, Parfum [Benzyl Benzoate, Linalool], Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, Azelaic Acid, Pyruvic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Maltodextrin, Iron Oxides, Peppermint Oil, Butylene Glycol, Glycyrrhiza Glabra Root Extract, Glycerin, Chamoilla Recutita Flower Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract, Hendera Helix Extract, Symphytum Officinale Leaf Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Iron Oxide (Black)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

NOTE -i tried to edit this review, but my phone won't let me get to the bottom of it - so, how I meant to end it was to say that there are a million clay masks out there, and they're pretty much all the same. there's nothing wrong with this one, but it didn't WOW me. now, back to the beginning of the review - i got this as a birthday gift from Sephora (along with the glowstarter moisturizer); it was in a squeeze tube, so that's the packaging I'm referring to. apparently there was separation or clotting in the tube; when I first squeezed it out, it came out in a big glop, splattering everywhere. bummer! I'm guessing this doesn't happen in the pot. tried it last night - first thing I noticed was the STRONG licorice scent. Even if this were the best mask in all of ever, that scent would put me off. next was the tingling sensation- I've read that this is from the peppermint oil; it's a fairly strong tingle. applied a thin layer and left it on for 15-20 minutes. the instructions said that it wouldn't dry all of the way, and it didn't - but next time I'm going to apply an even thinner layer and let it dry, as I've read about the drawing out of gunk from the pores as it dries - so I want to check that out. anyway, it wasn't a bad mask by any means - my skin felt refreshed and looked glowing afterwards (particularly when I followed up with the glow starter moisturizer), but considering the price it certainly wasn't spectacular. maybe with continuous and regular usage something spectacular would happen, but at 59$ per pot, I'm just not willing to find out. I'm sorry, but at that price my skin needs to look like I'm 12 again once I've applied you. in short - no major complaints (although definitely note the smell- you're not getting around that black licorice scent) but nothing terribly exciting, either. there are a million clay masks out there, of which petty

on 11/16/2017 9:41:00 PM

This a staple in my collection now. If I get a pimple or my skin is looking tired I put this product on my face and wait 20 minutes and it's a miracle! Over night it will seriously reduce the size and lifespan of a pimple. It is pricey and I have gone through mine faster than I would like but it works for me.

on 11/26/2016 1:37:00 AM

Yeeesh! My skin isn't particularly sensitive, but a day after using this, it's still red and tender. No doubt this is due to the eucalyptus, which is great for clearing out your sinuses, but terrible for your skin. Got as a free sample, which I won't even be finishing. Save your money and get a clay mask without the skin-damaging irritants.

on 1/20/2016 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this mask. It really works. I don't love the price, though---that being said, I dont mind paying it as long as the product stands up to its claims. And it does.

I've got super oily skin so this is one I keep on hand at all times. I tend to mostly use it on an "as needed" or spot treatment basis so it lasts quite a while. It is very easy to rinse off and the results will last me up to a few weeks sometimes. My skin is so much cleaner & smoother after use. It can be a bit drying if left on for too long but has not caused any irritation or lasting dryness.

My one gripe is the outer packaging -- it seems wasteful to have a 1.5 oz jar in such a huge box. I do like the actual jar the product comes in, just cant help but wonder if they could come down on the price a little bit by reducing some of the excess outer packaging which ends up in the garbage anyway.

Very highly recommend it!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Way overpriced, super drying mask that does nothing. Not one pore cleaned out, not one blackhead removed! I only used it on my nose and a few spots where I had blackheads. Far too drying to use on the rest of my face.

on 11/13/2014 12:56:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I just do not see the value in this product. It is $69 for a measly 1.2 oz. Very pricey for a product that does not do much more than a clay mask and a glycolic acid toner. Supermud clearing treatment contains kaolin clay and charcoal plus a 4.5% blend of 6 exfoliating acids. There is a marked menthol tingle from the peppermint oil in the product. Goes on as a thick black paste and dries gray. There are some harsh particles in the mask that could be irritating to skin when trying to remove the dry mask. Not really impressed with this.

on 1/29/2014 12:50:00 PM

Just to clarify a statement by a previous reviewer: Sodium hydroxide is not baking soda (sodium bicarbonate). Sodium hydroxide is commonly known as caustic soda or lye. It's a powerful base (the opposite of an acid) and is sometimes used to make the pH of a cosmetic formula more neutral. I think sodium hydroxide is the reason this mask makes skin feel so smooth. Making skin feel slippery is a property of bases. This is because they emulsify fats and lipids. (Think about how your hands feel after being in bleach. Same idea.) I suppose this could be useful in dissolving the oils in plugged pores, but it also means that the mask is stripping alway all the natural oils in the surface of your skin, since it can't discriminate between "good lipids" and "bad lipids". Lipids also bind the dead, or keratinized, skin cells on the surface of our skin. This is a protective layer -- and no, it wouldn't be healthy to try and remove ALL your dead skin cells! I tried the mask and thought it was pretty harsh. My skin is easily irritated and my single experience make my skin really red, but didn't create any lasting irritation. It didn't remove black heads better than some masks I've tried.

on 11/22/2013 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This review is for GLAMGLOW
YOUTHMUDâ„¢ TINGLEXFOLIATE TREATMENT. I really really REALLY like this mask. It absolutely works. It has a mild tingling sensation and in the mud are little tea leaves. The pore pattern this mud leaves as it dries is insane and the way my skin looks and feels afterwards is just amazing. My only complaint is the price, 19.00 for 0.5 ounces and 69.00 for 1.7 ounces. I currently use Origins clay mask and I get twice the amount (1oz) for 19.00, but I have to admit that I do see a better result after using GG. Now the question is whether or not the difference I see is worth the steep price increase OR the product decrease. *le sigh*

on 10/22/2013 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I know this is overpriced, but I LOVE this stuff. I have used many masks over my 46+ years and my skin loves this too. While some say it is drying, I find it less drying than some I have tried. I also find it tightens my skin and shrinks my pores, which are getting grossly large for some reason. (Oh, but it is hard work aging gracefully!) I also see a difference in the brightness and lightness of the few age spots that have shown up on my face (Damn, that baby oil and iodine in the Florida sun decades ago. ).

I ran out of this and resisted buying it again because of the price, and went back to some of the others I used in the past, but I noticed a worsening in my skin/pores and stupid hormonal breakouts. I try to use as little as possible, again, the price. But until I find something similar (open to suggestions), I will suck it up and realize I am worth the money.