Timeless Skin Care 20% Vitamin C Serum + Vitamin E + Ferulic Acid

Timeless Skin Care 20% Vitamin C Serum + Vitamin E + Ferulic Acid
Timeless Skin Care 20% Vitamin C Serum + Vitamin E + Ferulic Acid Timeless Skin Care 20% Vitamin C Serum + Vitamin E + Ferulic Acid

4.1

Water, Ethoxydiglycol, L-Ascorbic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Alpha Tocopherol, Polysorbate 80, Panthenol, Ferulic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Benzylalcohol, Dehydroacetic Acid, Fragrance

This is a game changer for me, my skin is brighter, no more hyperpigmentation, even texture and it looked better the first day! I don't even mind keeping it in the fridge. I decant a week's worth into a dark bottle, covered with aluminum foil (just to be safe) and keep the rest in the fridge. The price is amazing and I can order it and have it in less than a week with great customer service! What more can I say? My mom gets compliments on my skin!

on 5/27/2018 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I am almost 60, and this Timeless product is the Tops in my book. I had used Skinsuitacles for years at $130, and Timeless Freshly made ingredients here works better... and its only $30.
I go for the three month small size, and reorder it every 3 months. I have been using this product for at least three years and swear by it, along with several other Timeless products. I personally use this product right after I use the 100 % Pure Gylcolic Acid serum before I use this 20% Vit C & E. I then follow with the Vitamin B serium and finish off with Marrix 3000 to seal the seriums in.
I feel I have taken 15 years plus off my age using Timeless. I swear by the products. I only purchase the products directly from Timeless.com, as to insure its freshness.

on 5/7/2018 12:11:00 AM

I keep it in the fridge and swap out the dropper for a pump top. Seems to be lasting a while. Good quality serum, which makes my skincare n glow.

on 4/29/2018 1:11:00 PM

So, a few years ago, I got hooked on Skinceuticals Vitamin CE Ferulic. Back then, you could get quality sample-size portions on a certain auction-oriented website for a reasonable price. I was amazed by the difference that product made in the clarity and glow of my skin. But gradually it became more and more difficult to find fresh serum, and the price also started increasing. I considered buying the full-size Skinceuticals, but the problem with Vitamin C is that it oxidizes so quickly (and Skinceuticals seems to oxidize particularly fast), so I just couldn't justify paying ~$150 for a product that I knew would go bad before I finished it.

Cue the start of my determined search for a Skinceuticals replacement. Paula's Choice C15 was my first try. It didn't irritate my skin, but after a few months' use, I also noticed that my skin had started to look duller, and that discolorations left over from the rare hormonal acne were not fading as they had when I'd used Skinceuticals.

I moved on to NuFountain, which was absolutely fine -- a definite improvement over PC C15 -- but which still wasn't an HG, for reasons I can't remember any longer.

A brief excursion into Japanese serums introduced me to Merano/Melano CC serum -- this is a shelf-stable Vitamin C serum which is oily and smells strongly citric. I have dry skin, so I kind of liked the oily nature of it, but ultimately I wasn't convinced that this shelf-stable formulation would be as effective for anti-aging. Also, it stained my pillowcases like WHOA. I resumed my search for a Skinceuticals dupe, though I still keep a tube of Melano CC on hand, particularly for when my skin feels irritated or particularly dry.

Not sure what led me to try Timeless, but as soon as I'd finished the first bottle, I knew I'd found a winner. This serum lacks the cursed hot dog odor of Skinceuticals; it seems to oxidize more slowly (maybe it's just fresher than the mass-produced Skinceuticals? I only buy direct from Timeless, never from Amazon, so I'm getting the freshest serum they have to offer); and it has the same brightening and clarifying effect as Skinceuticals. It's also MUCH MUCH MUCH more affordable.

I find that if kept in the fridge, Timeless won't oxidize for roughly five or so months. I've reordered the single ounce bottle numerous times now, and just sprang for the refill size, aiming to split the four ounce bottle into smaller one-ounce bottles to be stored in the fridge. Because this is so affordable, I use it with a much more generous hand than I did with Skinceuticals, so I'm pretty sure I'll be able to get through those four ounces before the five months are up.

The quality is also so brilliant that I started trying other Timeless products. If you've got dry skin, their CoQ10 serum is divine. I'm also using the Matrixyl Synthe-6 serum now. It's early days yet, so I don't know if this serum is "worth it' or not, but as someone with sensitive skin, I'm really pleased that NONE of these products has ever irritated my skin in the least.

Docked one lippie for packaging, because Vitamin C serums ideally should come in an airtight pump bottle. I buy such bottles online and then transfer the serum into them.

This is an affordable vitamin C serum that succeeded in lightening my age spots. Here's a summary of the goods and bads based on my experience.

What's Great?

2. No Visible Firming

Full review, before-after photos and product recommendation at bit.ly/2G6NAnK

on 3/23/2018 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I don't like how watery the texture is and I prefer a pump. Will not repurchase.

If you're wondering "How does this compare to SkinCeuticals CE Ferulic?", I'll go into more detail about that at the end of my review. I've been using the Timeless vitamin C formula for a couple of years now, and have gone through multiple bottles. When I stop using it, my skin looks and feels like something is missing from my routine. I've never had dark spots or age spots, but using a proper vitamin C serum just makes my skin brighter and gives it more of a glow. I'm hoping it will prevent some visible signs of aging (since vitamin C is an antioxidant), and ward off any future dark spots/age spots. I also like using vitamin C because it increases the SPF of sunscreen by about 8 (not 8 times - just SPF 8). So, if I wear an SPF of 40 and apply it properly, using a vitamin C serum underneath would boost that to a total SPF of 48. Again, my goal is to prevent visible signs of aging, so increasing the SPF of my sunscreen is a nice bonus for me. I do have dry, sensitive skin, and I found this serum to be irritating at first. However, I jumped into everyday use right away, and I'm also on Retin-A (which increases the amount of irritation I experience from other products). After a week or so, the irritation subsided, with no lingering ill effects. This serum has yet to break me out or clog my pores, even though it does contain hyaluronic acid (other Timeless serums, which usually combine hyaluronic acid and glycerin, tend to clog my pores). The consistency is very light and watery, so it layers well with other products. Also, it isn't as sticky as other vitamin C serums I've used, and it has minimal odor (most vitamin C serums smell very...metallic). Overall, it's a borderline HG product for me that doesn't seem too harsh for my skin or interfere with other products.

So, I took away one lippie only because of the dropper packaging...WHY skincare brands package vitamin C in a dropper, I will never understand, but most liquid vitamin C serums are packaged this way (yes, even SkinCeuticals). I digress. To combat the problem of dropper packing, I just switch out the cap to a pump-top when I open a new bottle. The Timeless bottle is a 1 oz blue apothecary bottle, which you can buy on Amazon quite inexpensively and with almost any lid you want (pump, sprayer, roll-on, etc). I got a pack of 1oz glass pump-top bottles, and the pump tops fit perfectly on my Timeless serums! Using a pump drastically cuts down on the amount of air your serum is exposed to; it only gets exposed to air ONE time, when you initially open the bottle and change the top, instead of hundreds of times when you use the product every day. Obviously, this is the next best thing to an airless pump. Since I started using the pump top, my serum has oxidized more slowly than before, although I've never had a Timeless vitamin c serum oxidize to the point that it would no longer be effective. FYI - the color should be a light yellow for most of the time that you use this product. It will start out completely clear, then take on a bit of a yellowish tinge - this is normal and is not actually oxidation. When it becomes more orangey than yellow, it's oxidizing, and will eventually turn amber or even brown (again, I've never had one from Timeless that went orange or brown). Just wanted to clarify that the initial yellowing isn't truly oxidation.

From a chemistry standpoint, this particular vitamin C serum is almost identical to SkinCeuticals CE Ferulic, with very few differences. One of the main differences is that Timeless starts out at a pH of 2.4, and as the product "ages", it eventually reaches 3.4-3.5 around the 6 month mark (when used with the dropper bottle). SkinCeuticals also uses a dropper bottle, but their formulation includes an extra pH stabilizing ingredient to hold the pH in the 2.5-3.0 range. This specific pH range is patented by SkinCeuticals, so other brands cannot manufacture serums that *start out* in the 2.5-3.0 range...however, as I noted above, the Timeless formulation starts out at a lower pH and then creeps into the same range as SkinCeuticals, then to the upper end of the effective range. I've never had a bottle of Timeless vitamin C serum reach a pH higher than 3.4 or 3.5 before I used it up, which is a good thing - vitamin C serum needs to be applied at a pH of 3.5 or lower to be effective. The lower "starting pH" of the Timeless version may make it a bit more irritating than SkinCeuticals, but this effect should be temporary. You can minimize irritation by gradually working your way up to daily application. As with any acidic product, you don't want to jump straight into everyday use (really, do as I say, not as I do, haha). As with any skincare product - buyer beware. There are several counterfeit/unauthorized resellers of both SkinCeuticals and Timeless online, particularly on Amazon, eBay, etc. Unauthorized resellers are notorious for shipping out SUPER old stuff, so only order from the brands directly or through their authorized reseller links! Timeless ships their products for free in the US, and I'm thinking SkinCeuticals does, too. Probably 99% of the negative reviews I've seen on Amazon, for any vitamin C serum, are about the pH being too high...well Susan, it's because you bought an old bottle from a shady reseller for 50% of the standard price, without questioning the source ;)

For more info on vitamin C serums, FutureDerm has a few in-depth posts on the topic. If you're interested in the medical research on topical vitamin C serums, Dr. Dray (the YouTuber) has a good video about it. I suggest checking out both sources and deciding for yourself if it's worth using vitamin C at all. The research is pretty limited at this point, but I do see a difference in my own skin, so I've chosen to keep using it. However, due to the limited evidence for its efficacy, I choose not to pay $162+ for it (looking at you, SkinCeuticals...).

on 3/6/2018 8:37:00 AM

Skin type: aging, dry, dehydrated, sensitive, reactive (not rosacea).

I was on the fence about buying/trying vitamin C only because I was nervous my skin would react since it's so sensitive and although I take very good care of my skin, aging is a b*tch and my skin was just looking dull(ish). After much research, I landed on the Timeless (close second: NuFountain but I couldn't find a place that would ship to Canada #rude).

I started with applying every 2-3 days since I'd read that some reacted badly; this is the very first product I use in the AM after I splash water on my face...no reaction upon application and no reaction a few days after. I started applying every AM and have been since....my skin is amazing - soft, bright, more even-toned. You don't need a lot either - just a few drops and it absorbs very fast. No weird smell and doesn't discolour my face/hands.

I do wrap the bottle in foil and store in the fridge which is a bit of a hassle but I read that this really helps slow the oxidation process. So far, so good (it's been about a month since I got it).

This is amazing stuff! I found out about it on "Hot & Flashy"s YouTube channel. It is stronger than a lot of vitamin C that you can pay 3 times as much for. You have to at least try it!

on 2/27/2018 1:21:00 AM

Many years ago my esthtetician recommended Skin Ceuticles Vit C, E ferulic acid serum and Differin to clear my acne and improve my skin tone. Note about my skin- I am oily, with sensitive skin, redness and acne prone. After a short time my skin improved significantly. skin ceuticals is too expensive for my budget, and so I discontinued after the first bottle was depleted. Differin works well, but I like the glow and translucency of my skin when using a Vit C serum. I started gathering the ingredients to make my own serum based upon the SC formulation, which is patented for the formulation in a particular Ph range, 2.5-3. Before I finished my research I found the Timeless version. The website states that their serum has a Ph of 2.4. I've never tested the accuracy, but the serum works as well for me as the SC version but at a family friendly price. I should test one of these days.

Routine: I apply at night after washing my face with a mild product, but something that will remove the silicones in most makeup and sunscreens, then pat vit C serum on my face and neck, allow my skin to absorb it for about 20 min, and then apply differin. I use a niacinimide sunscreen, Elta MD 46, in the day. Don't combine niacinimide and vit C serums. They reduce each other's effectiveness.