Tarte Tarte LipSurgence Skintuitive Lip Tint

4.9

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Definitely MLBB (my-lips-but-better) product. I got it in energy noir and don't let the dark color of the product fool you. It goes on super sheer and glossy, has a menthol tingle and taste to it, and gives a nice hint of strawberry tint. My only complaint (and why I didn't give it 5 stars) is that it comes off really easily, no staying power at all. I was hoping it would leave a stain after the gloss wears off, but it doesn't.

I have no idea how it works, and I don't need to know. I just need a tube of this for every date night going forward. It turns a sheer hot pink on me -- sheer enough that it isn't Barbie, hot enough that I feel 10 years younger when I wear it. Yes please!

Product - I love the Lipsurgence line of lip products. This Skintuitive shade (Energy) is described as a self-adjusting shade of pink. For me this goes on medium pink with slightly-better-than sheer coverage. In a minute of two it turns a slightly brighter and cooler pink which surprisingly still works well on me (NC25/AAB, warm coloring). Somewhat moisturizing and glossy and wears like a balm. Stains my lips with the final color.

Comparisons - Reminds me of Smashbox's O-Gloss which also adjusts to the "perfect" shade for you.

Packaging - Twist-up crayon pencil with silvertone cap. Plastic casing reflects the shade inside. Be careful not to nick the pointy tip of the product with the lid when you put the lid back on :)

Overall - Really love this product and shade, even with the pricetag ($24 each). continued >>

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

OMG I love this stuff. I really hope it is not limited edition. The Sephora store in Seattle, USA has a ton of them. I plan on going back and getting more of them. It really makes your lips soft and enhances their natural color only better. I think it is much better than the Smashbox. Awesome for a natural look on full lips.

This is probably the one lip product I wouldn't want to go without. On the description, Tarte describes the tint as "ethereal". Well, that sums it up. The word "energy" is also apt. The shade is absolutely gorgeous in an angelic way. It is a bright, but not crazy, transparent pink. It's one of those shades that makes you do a double take, because it almost looks natural, but not quite. My lips but better (way better). It just enhances everything. My lips look more plump, my complexion looks more bright, I swear my eyes look more awake. It looks like I've drinking strawberry soda and then licked my lips. Seriously sexy, without looking made up at ALL. I can't describe how other-worldly gorgeous this is. It's shiny but not blinding, and lacks any shimmer, which is a good thing.

The other great thing is that it's adjustable. With one swipe, I get shine and just a teeny bit of color. But with every swipe, it just gets brighter and deeper. At its deepest, it's a berry flush. But I like to stop at a couple swipes to get that beautiful, brightening, energetic pink.

I think this product delivers the perfect pink for every skintone, but it's especially great for fair skin. I have fair skin and very dark hair, and my lips are already very full (I'm mixed-race), but with this product, it's just like BAM. I look natural and yet sexy, pouty and flirty... with minimal effort. It's great.

This product is ideal for the no-makeup makeup look. I like it with mascara and dewy, naked skin. When I wake in the morning and look groggy and gross and have to go to work, that's what I do. Concealer if I need it, mascara, and this product. Maybe some liquid liner, too. It's perfect for all seasons, but it's especially effective for brightening the face in the dry, dull winter months.

A couple of cons: It's not much of a tint. It wears off fairly quickly. Second is that the color may collect if your lips are very dry and flaky. I always run a toothbrush over my lips in the morning to exfoliate. This looks best on very smooth lips. Third con is the gimmick. This stuff doesn't magically adjust to your perfect pink. It doesn't see or feel or intuit your skin tone and act accordingly. The products' tint does seem to vary a little bit from tube to tube and even within the same tube as it wears down, but it's not "customizing" to anything. I have to say, however, I love the fact that it looks like nothing in the tube, but as you rub, the pigment is somehow released. It's just kind of fun.

Also, it's not ideal for night-time. It's just not dark or dramatic enough for night. It looks best in daylight.

One more con: This isn't a lip-loving product. Peppermint oil can be irritating. It's not particularly moisturizing, although it does feel great when it's on.

Anyway, I can't recommend this enough. I'm a drugstore makeup kind of gal, but if I could only get one lip product, this might be it.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is 'one of those' lip products that adjusts to your body temp, lip pigmentation, etc.

The name on this says Energy. In theory and the claims are that this can change color throughout the day based on body chemistry and as body temp raises or lowers, things like that.

I like this, a lot. It had a pleasant feel on the lips, not sticky at all, I could not detect a scent. It was also quite easy to apply and easy to layer. It wore nicely, did not 'bunch up' like some glosses do, did not turn into a funky feel, and the color stayed quite nice and natural for a gloss. A nice sheen, not the overly sparkly glitter gloss that some glosses tend to be. No tingling..I expected a tingling with this type of gloss,and there was none. Just a pleasant feel that stayed pleasant-feeling.

This lasts on me for at least 4 - 5 hours which to me is great for a lipgloss product.
Very easy to use, no glopping or gumming, it applies very evenly and easily, and is a nice package. Nothing froo-froo, but just a nice package.

The only complaint I have is the applicator. It looks like they started off with a doe foot and then removed a chuck of the tip of the deer foot, kind of odd, imo. I am sure in theory they have a reason for this, but to me I would have appreciated a regualr deer foot. Still, this does not bother me enough to remove a lippie/star, but I thought it is worth mentioning for those that are particular about their applicators.

I like wearing this alone for a quick trip out to the grocery store or out with friends on a coffee run, but I also obviously use this over top of lipsticks and lip crayons. In particular I like using this to mute down some lip shades. I wore this today with Tarte's Exposed lip crayon and while at first I admit it seemed like that was an odd pairing (I just used this with the Exposed lip crayon bc the crayon felt dry on me and I had this gloss in my purse), but that combo actually ended up being a fave combo for me. It resulted in a very natural, pretty lip color/look.

I would re-purchase (even though Tarte products seem to last forever..so I doubt I will need any soon..which is another bonus!!).

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is an awesome self-adjusting lip product! Very moisturizing, beautiful long-lasting peony pink. Makes my lips appear to be plumper. A fabulous find! I use it nearly every day, either alone or under lip gloss.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have no idea how this works, but it is amazing!!! Is is so soft and silky!! When I apply it my lips instantly become a deeper pink shade. It is definitely MLBB. I'm sad that it is LE. I bought a backup already and will probably buy a few more before it is gone. I also like the packaging a lot. If you want a natural looking lip color you should definitely get this before it's gone.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this stuff. The one I'm talking about is called "Energy" and it's like putting silk on my lips. The cool thing about this is, it goes on like a lipstick and feels like it too. But it's sheer on the lips like a gloss.. It's not sticky and gooey like some glosses are! It has some mint in it,just a lil bit. It is a lip tint and my lips are pink after using it. I love the deep pink color that it makes my lips,but at the time they are sheer also. I love the packaging too. Ya just have to make sure the lid is on tight b4 u put in ur purse. I think it should have a screw top,but using a makeup bag is recommended. I carry expensive handbags and have a fear of getting something on them. So with that I will say I LOVE IT!

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

This is an incredible product. I purchased both the cheek stain and the lip tint and since I have been wearing them, I have received more comments ranging from "nice lipstick" to "you look beautiful", and "you look really nice today". It's amazing. I'm almost 72, and had been feeling that my earthy tones didn't seem to be right with my face all of a sudden. Not sure why. So, I went to my favorite makeup store and explained, and asked about a subtle "pinkish" tone. The salesgirl suggested a Tarte product I hadn't seen before. Tarte has been my favorite blush for years now, so I bought the cheek stain and the lip tint on the spot. It's an entirely new look/shade for me and it's been really amusing and interesting hearing the comments about how I look!!! :) p.s. would like a different top on the tint as it often slips off!