Almay Smart Shade CC Cream Complexion Corrector

3.0

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.5%, Octisalate 5.0%, Titanium Dioxide 5.1%. Inactive Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Dimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, Isostearic Acid, Boron Nitride, Alumina, Niacinamide, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Lecithin, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizrate, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Saxifraga Sarmentosa (Strawberry Saxifrage) Extract, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Scutellaria Baicalensis (Baikal Skullcap) Root Extract, Morus Bombycis (Chinese Mulberry) Root Extract, Stearic Acid, Steareth-2, Tromethamine, Polyacrylamide, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Steareth-21, Methucone, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Xanthan Gum, Simethicone, Laureth-7, Sorbitan Laurate, Polysorbate 20, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparben, Ethylparaben

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

My skin is pretty dry, so I wasn't worried about looking oily with this product.

It covered well and settled in nicely, but it broke me out - milia and a few cystic breakouts.

I have pretty dry skin and this stuff is so horrible. It turns into an oily mess and makes me look sweaty.

My favorite CC cream. It matches my skin perfectly and I can wear alone or under another foundation. Reduces redness and evens out my skin tone. Stays in place most of the day when wearing alone.

Save your money! This stuff is just terrible. I have combination/dry skin that sometimes can get oily through the day. This stuff is just a mess. When I'm dry it does nothing to hydrate just feels like a sticky tacky mass on my face. And when I oily this just enhances my grease and, even worse, my pores.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I was not prepared for how creamy this CC cream was going to be. It goes on like a combination between face cream and foundation. It does its job of correcting color, and it is very emollient if that is something you're looking for. I had to use powder to get it to set, it's too creamy to just wear it alone. I think I like it better than the L'Oreal, but not as much as the Maybelline. Still looking for my HG on BB/CC creams.

This CC cream offers light to light-medium coverage.. definitely a bit more than some of the more natural BB creams I've used. It evens out my skin tone a bit but some redness still shows through and it doesn't neutralize or cover my hyperpigmentation. It hasn't caused any irritation or breakouts and my skin has been effectively protected from the sun by this product.

Ok.. BUT: it is "greasy". I have dry skin and don't mind oils or rich creams/foundations - in fact I prefer them, but this is an not moisturizing. It still clings to and accentuates any dry patches/flakes and it never seems to sink in or set - in fact, it transfers even hours after application. And, I might add, hours after application, the only place I see it is on my phone - all coverage on my face seems to disappear within a few hours. If I set it with powder, it lasts a bit longer but still fades pretty quickly. I feel like it slides right off.

Will be trying the Bourjois Healthy Mix foundations soon in my never-ending search for a light-medium coverage foundation/TM/BB/CC that stays put, hydrates, and doesn't cling to my dry patches.

No. The worst of the CC or BBs. Oily and thick. Colours not great. Heavy feeling. Transfers. Overpriced. Irritated my skin.

Im not sure where to start. This cream, no matter how much i shook it before applying, came out as a gloopy cream with an oil seeping out. Needless to say, it was gross. once applied with a blending sponge, it was incredibly streaky, i might as well have applied it with a noodle. It also did absolutely nothing except for make my skin oily as can be. I see no use in this cc cream and at the price it sells at, definitely wont be repurchasing.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

The quality of the product does not justify the price. At $13, I would expect a higher quality. The product is incredibly greasy (even for a CC/BB cream) and does not mattify with the use of a quality primer, setting powder, or powder foundation.
Sure, the coverage is better than some other drugstore BB or CC creams (ie. Maybelline's BB). However, the color is all wrong - the lightest shade is far too yellow.
Even if your dry skin needs the oily properties of the cream, the product slides off of the skin in less than an hour (even after using Smashbox primer).
I would not buy again as it is almost unusable.

This foundation is terrible. It's oily, watery and course in texture. The coverage is aweful and you can't build it up. It has this oily/watery stuff that pours out of it and smells 'old' and tgen the foundation is all separated and gritty. I would not buy the product again.