Almay Smart Shade CC Cream Complexion Corrector

3.1

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.5%, Octisalate 5.0%, Titanium Dioxide 5.1%. Inactive Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Dimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, Isostearic Acid, Boron Nitride, Alumina, Niacinamide, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Lecithin, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizrate, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Saxifraga Sarmentosa (Strawberry Saxifrage) Extract, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Scutellaria Baicalensis (Baikal Skullcap) Root Extract, Morus Bombycis (Chinese Mulberry) Root Extract, Stearic Acid, Steareth-2, Tromethamine, Polyacrylamide, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Steareth-21, Methucone, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Xanthan Gum, Simethicone, Laureth-7, Sorbitan Laurate, Polysorbate 20, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparben, Ethylparaben

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I was not prepared for how creamy this CC cream was going to be. It goes on like a combination between face cream and foundation. It does its job of correcting color, and it is very emollient if that is something you're looking for. I had to use powder to get it to set, it's too creamy to just wear it alone. I think I like it better than the L'Oreal, but not as much as the Maybelline. Still looking for my HG on BB/CC creams.

This CC cream offers light to light-medium coverage.. definitely a bit more than some of the more natural BB creams I've used. It evens out my skin tone a bit but some redness still shows through and it doesn't neutralize or cover my hyperpigmentation. It hasn't caused any irritation or breakouts and my skin has been effectively protected from the sun by this product.

Ok.. BUT: it is "greasy". I have dry skin and don't mind oils or rich creams/foundations - in fact I prefer them, but this is an not moisturizing. It still clings to and accentuates any dry patches/flakes and it never seems to sink in or set - in fact, it transfers even hours after application. And, I might add, hours after application, the only place I see it is on my phone - all coverage on my face seems to disappear within a few hours. If I set it with powder, it lasts a bit longer but still fades pretty quickly. I feel like it slides right off.

Will be trying the Bourjois Healthy Mix foundations soon in my never-ending search for a light-medium coverage foundation/TM/BB/CC that stays put, hydrates, and doesn't cling to my dry patches.

No. The worst of the CC or BBs. Oily and thick. Colours not great. Heavy feeling. Transfers. Overpriced. Irritated my skin.

Im not sure where to start. This cream, no matter how much i shook it before applying, came out as a gloopy cream with an oil seeping out. Needless to say, it was gross. once applied with a blending sponge, it was incredibly streaky, i might as well have applied it with a noodle. It also did absolutely nothing except for make my skin oily as can be. I see no use in this cc cream and at the price it sells at, definitely wont be repurchasing.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

The quality of the product does not justify the price. At $13, I would expect a higher quality. The product is incredibly greasy (even for a CC/BB cream) and does not mattify with the use of a quality primer, setting powder, or powder foundation.
Sure, the coverage is better than some other drugstore BB or CC creams (ie. Maybelline's BB). However, the color is all wrong - the lightest shade is far too yellow.
Even if your dry skin needs the oily properties of the cream, the product slides off of the skin in less than an hour (even after using Smashbox primer).
I would not buy again as it is almost unusable.

This foundation is terrible. It's oily, watery and course in texture. The coverage is aweful and you can't build it up. It has this oily/watery stuff that pours out of it and smells 'old' and tgen the foundation is all separated and gritty. I would not buy the product again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I use the shade 100/light. It's a touch too dark (My best shade match is Lancome's Ivoire).

Make sure to SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE it up. I don't know if it's just my bottle, but it separates so easily. The coverage is pretty good and the finish is great, very skinlike. The staying power is decent, but I always use a primer. I've been using this in the summer, so I do need blotting sheets (I'm oily in the summer and dry in the winter. Go me!).

It's alright, but not fantastic. Won't repurchase. I do really really really enjoy the Almay Smart Shade in light. That's what I would buy if I needed a natural-ish drugstore foundation.

I have very fair skin, and have been interested in a CC cream for awhile now. I had acne in high school, but it has since cleared up, so I no longer need heavy coverage, just light and SPF. This seemed perfect as it did match my skin, and few CC creams do, plus it has 35 SPF protection. However, within an hour of putting it on my face, it looked very oily (more so than when my faceis just left bare) and it had slid off in places. This did not give a pleasant look. I would say this may be ok if you have dry skin, but my suggestion is just to look elsewhere.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hi, I bought this cream last week and is now bad. It has as a clear liquid when I want to use. Does anyone have this same problem? Should I get rid of it? Please write me at yendi1990@hotmail.com
THANKS for your help!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Mature-skinned ladies and dry-skinned ladies, listen up! This is a great, creamy, light to medium coverage foundation with excellent sun protection! If you are already dewy and youthful and have even a hint of oiliness I would stay away from this. However, if you want smooth, light coverage that blurs mild imperfections and helps moisturize dry skin, then this is a great affordable little drugstore find!