Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser

Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser
Baby Skin Instant Pore EraserBaby Skin Instant Pore EraserBaby Skin Instant Pore Eraser

2.7

Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Stearyl Heptanoate, Caprylyl Glycol, Silica Silylate, Propylene Glycol, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Prunus Cerasus Extract / Bitter Cherry Extract. May Contain: CI 73360 / Red 30, CI 77492 / Iron Oxides.

on 5/29/2017 1:50:00 PM

I initially liked the blurring effect it gave underneath a liquid foundation, which is what it's meant to do and the price tag is pretty good for a blurring primer. Packaging is good, colouring is nice and no scent which were all bonuses.

I wasn't a fan of the consistency - does have a very plasticy, synthetic feel to it's consistency and even a little unpleasant stickyness to it but I was willing to let it go for the price tag if it worked.

However- It broke me out after wearing it for one day! I let my skin heal and tried again (because I didn't want to waste the product and make sure it was definitely this product) and applied it again after a few days. It just seriously clogged up all my skin and gave me spots. No burning or tingling sensation - just blocked, cloggyness and spots. My skin has never reacted like that to a product before.

I won't be buying this again - I had better luck with Benefit's Pore Primer and even better luck recently with Hylamide's HA Blur. They are better quality, with better staying power and more visible "blurring" effects and don't wreck my skin.

on 5/4/2017 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I purchased this a while age as a cheaper alternative to the likes of Benefit's The PoreFessional etc. I don't think I've quite found what I was looking for.
The pros: It makes the skin feel really nice and smooth, my make up stays on longer and it creases less than it would without the product on.
The cons: It did not increase the appearance of pores like it said it would. Also there are cheaper drug store products that will give you the same or even a better effect.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Ok so the only reason I'm giving this a 2 and not a one is because it did blur my pores. Ok that part was done but u literally can't put makeup on top of it because it will slip and slide everywhere and will feel like you are wearing tinted petroleum jelly. Just didn't like it for me since I have the most greasy skin you can imagine. Stay away if you are oily!!!!!

on 4/29/2017 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

This product appears to go on the skin and nice and smooth at first then it is a mess! It has a silicone texture is slippery and does not dry down. It could fill in pores but due to the oily feel and look of it on the skin, I felt it enhances the appearance of pores. It is hard to tell if this product has oil in it or if the silicone that's in the product makes it feel greasy. I have mixed feel regarding all silicone based products due to my skin type. I tried this product because individuals with oily skin said it worked for them so I gave it a try. Since I have oily skin so it's definitely not for me. I have tried other products that were high end with silicone in it and my skin doesn't look as greasy. However, I try to avoid all silicone products but I know some products will have as an active ingredient. I didn't like the fact my foundation was sliding off my face even when I set my makeup when using this product. I will not dare use this product in the summer and I definitely will not repurchase this again.

on 4/8/2017 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I kept hearing great things about this primer, so I decided to give it a try. First off, it claims to be a pore eraser. But it reminds me more of those ineffective erasable pens they used to sell. It feels rubbery like an eraser, it's marketed as an eraser, but it really doesn't erase the way it claims to. I notice a lot of people say it blurs their pores, but for me it doesn't even do that much. But as a primer, it works okay. I have very red skin and I usually use a green primer. But, if I want to use a clear primer or my green primer runs out, I use this (mostly because it's my only other primer). As I said before, it has a cheap rubbery feel to it. It's a fun texture, but it's not the most luxurious feeling to have on the face. I've never had problems with this primer making my makeup slide, but I'm not surprised other people have.

I probably won't buy it again. If I got it as a gift I would use it though.

on 3/30/2017 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I am so upset, I used this primer in 21 degrees weather in the UK.... IT literally melted my makeup away and sweated off. Everyone was looking at me! Never again, if you have oily/normal skin avoid at all costs. It will NOT make your pores smaller. I will stick to monsitat chafing gel, I've never had an issue with that primer.

on 3/29/2017 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I wouldn't say it exactly makes your pores disappear BUT for a drug store primer it works really well. I can definitely see my pores are a lot smaller after applying this. It does have a heavier feel but once it sets for a few min you can't feel it anymore. I just wish it came in a bigger package. The packaging is really cute and the price is amazing

on 3/28/2017 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

It does help disguise pores. The problem is the texture of the product. It's super slippery and anything you place on top of it is going to slip and slide too. I wear long wearing foundation and this makes it impossible for the foundation to set and grip the skin. It does nothing for oil control/shine. Definitely not a primer and probably best used on no makeup days.

on 3/26/2017 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I tried this product multiple times and I did not like it. I felt like it just kind of mixed in with any product i applied on top of it rather than sitting nicely on the skin. It did nothing for my pore/oil control, nor did it help the makeup stay on longer. I really wanted to like it because of the price. I was hoping for a drugstore gem but that just wasn't the case. I would not recommend this product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This made my face VERY oily, it felt like i poured grease on my face. i have combination skin, but even in the dry areas this made my face super slippery. In my case, it didn't even make my foundation stay on long. With it being so oily, when something touched my face my makeup came right off. i don't recommend this at all.

Popular Primer/ Correctors