Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser

Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser
Baby Skin Instant Pore EraserBaby Skin Instant Pore EraserBaby Skin Instant Pore Eraser

2.7

Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Stearyl Heptanoate, Caprylyl Glycol, Silica Silylate, Propylene Glycol, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Prunus Cerasus Extract / Bitter Cherry Extract. May Contain: CI 73360 / Red 30, CI 77492 / Iron Oxides.

I'll make this short.
I don't write reviews often because I have to use many products but i thought I'd try this on a whim.

Broke me out BADLY in the first week of use. Literally overnight. Nothing about my diet, sleep, hormones.. etc. had changed that week and this really bothered my skin.

I don't get many breakouts and on the 6th day of using this I woke up with 6-7 cystic pimples.

On top of that, it's greasy, doesn't help with pores in my opinion (if anything, made mine larger because my skin was irritated)

Don't use

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Well i kinda love silicone based primer, but i dont see any change in my pores after using this product.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

It's a pretty basic extremely silicony primer that only makes my skin feel greasy and slippery. Doesn't do much for me.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I really enjoy this as i don't have large pores,my sister does and I liked how smooth her skin felt after using.. So i tried it and although im all for a silicone based product(yes im "that"girl)lol-iv found that unless i mix with another creamy like primer (Rimmels lasting finish for ex) I cannot use bc It's a bit greasy feeling..this coming from a girl that is ALL about dewyness! That said,I would really only recommend to girls with very dry skin UNLESS used like i do mixing with another bc when i do that,it's lovely. Price is great and i find this to be almost EXACTLY like Benifits Pore fessional! Great dupe like seriously,probably the closest to any dupe iv ever used..SO if you like Benifits,then you'll love this bc its alot cheaper and sold everywhere...i got mine at Dollar General no lie!

on 7/15/2017 10:22:00 AM

PROS
Nice packaging
Okay pricing
Can't feel it on my skin
Didn't break me out

CONS
Don't feel like it made a difference
Sheer not very full coverage

I bought this to try out for my combo skin and I don't hate it but I don't like it. It doesn't do anything good or bad so I don't really what it did except not break me out. My skin looked the same and I didn't really see a difference tbh so meh :/

on 7/11/2017 12:08:00 PM

I have always had pores on my face regardless of it being dry or oily, I got this when it was on offer after seeing some good reviews and I have to say it's not for me! I hate the feel off silicone primers and this one is one of those primers it made my skin feel smooth and soft at first application but after half an hour I looked incredibly greasy and my foundation has started to break up around my nose and chin, tried a few more times with different foundations and powers but i still had the same outcome

on 6/6/2017 11:41:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

Believe it or not I switched from the dubious(?) use of the Monistat to this primer and wanted to try a 'real' primer but not pay 30$ right away for trying it out. I like the packaging, its pretty hygienic to be in a tube and i felt like I could really squeeze the last remnants out if I used it all. It feels like the tube amount would be gone through quickly..

After 3 weeks I was getting closed comedomes on my jawline, forehead, and on the bridge of my nose ( very unusual places) I was pretty sure I could trace back to this one new product instead of my new laundry detergent. I'm just getting back to okay skin after the painful under the skin bumpy mattress experience this put me though, I will reach for something quality the next time I want to try it out, and attempt to return the nearly full tube I have left or trade it to someone with a warning or understanding that it wont do the same to them.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I don't like this product at all! I bought this since I've heard it was a dupe for Smash Box pore primer. Does it fill in pores? I don't see a difference. It feels oily and slippery when putting it on and I'm don't see myself buying it again.

on 6/21/2017 2:38:00 PM

Having very large pores, I have noticed that anything that makes my skin shine exaggerates them. The more matte, the better. And the less product the better. This is why I use a powder foundation. Liquids tend to only exaggerate my problem and look cakey. This particular primer made my powder foundation appear more caked on, and luminous for some reason. I hate it and that is why I will not use it. If your pores are barely noticeable to begin with, maybe you will like this product. If you have very large pores, and want to try something similar, I would recommend nyx pore filler. It leaves no shine after being applied, and looks the most natural under powder foundation.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It does smooth out my pores and leave a silky feeling all over the areas where I place this primer on (mostly the cheeks, nose, forehead and chin).

However, the main problem I had with this was that it was very pore clogging. I used this product for a good half a year and I noticed that I started having very bad clogged pores and breakouts around my cheeks, forehead, nose and chin area (basically where I place the primer on). Took me a good while to figure out that it was probably this primer that was worsening the condition of my skin. Though my skin wasn't fantastic in the beginning, it was a lot clearer and less troubled before I started using this product. Once I stopped using this primer, I realised that the condition of my skin got better and it was a lot less clogged.

Do not recommend this product as it should not clog your pores to erase it.

Popular Primer/ Correctors