Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser

Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser
image 1image 2image 3

2.7

Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Stearyl Heptanoate, Caprylyl Glycol, Silica Silylate, Propylene Glycol, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Prunus Cerasus Extract / Bitter Cherry Extract. May Contain: CI 73360 / Red 30, CI 77492 / Iron Oxides.

on 8/6/2016 11:06:00 PM

I haven't really had any problems with this, but it definitely isn't a superb product. I have really dry skin, and many bumps and scars on my face. I primarily use this on my nose and where my nose touches my cheeks, as that's where most of my pores are. I will admit that some of the foundations I've tried will separate, and stick to the now filled pores, which totally renders this product useless. But currently I'm using the FIT Me Foundation, and sometimes just Neutrogena's Healthy Skin as foundation, and in combo with Baby Skin, it goes on super smooth! I think it's pretty cheep, and I just love the texture. It doesn't feel oily at all to me, but rather like some kind of unusual moisturizer, very gel like, and yet it absorbs immedietly, leaving my skin feeling super soft. As a primer, it's not great, no, but it's not terrible, and I think it's probably ideal for people with dry skin. I have very acne prone skin, but I've never experienced breakouts in the places I use this product. Maybe this isn't the best of it's kind to start with, but I think it's unique in it's own way, and I enjoy mine very much.

on 8/4/2016 12:45:00 PM

I found this product just like Monistat Chafing Gel, so after trying it in the store, decided to use the Monistat. I use it once in a while, generally in the summer when I wear little or no m/u. I don't have a problem with oily skin, so I am pleased with the result. Had to give a rating in order to post.

To Read all 389 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

HORRIBLE.

It did not hide any pores. It made the makeup slid right off my face (used the Nars Sheer Glow). Made my skin SUPER oily!
You're better off not using a primer than using this primer tbh

on 8/2/2016 4:20:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I like this primer but I am not in love with it. It smells bad and has a silicone type feel to it, which I hate. Those two things aside, this is a great primer that worked really well for my skin but I will not be repurchasing unless they make it unscented! Good for the price, good for us combo to oily skinned girls but if you don't like face products that have a scent to them I would really recommend trying a different primer.

on 7/20/2016 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is the consistency of Monostat Chafing Gel. Didn't hide pores. Makeup slid off areas where applied. Hated it!

on 7/7/2016 6:52:00 PM

The only time I'm impressed with this is right after I apply it, it does a nice job at "blurring" pores but it doesn't keep oil at bay at all, I feel like my makeup lasts longer with out it.

on 6/29/2016 10:23:00 PM

Wow, I'm so disappointed! I bought this a dupe for the benefit porefressional primer because who wants to pay $50 for a primer lol

Anyway, it feels pretty good when you put it on your skin but its quite greasy and silliconey. I was doubtful that it would keep my make up on because it was so slippery

Even with an amazing foundation like nars sheer glow,it came right off. My pores did look smaller, but then again I don't really have a problem with my pores.

So some basic advice: it didn't work for me, but everyones skin is different. In my opinion its too slippery to keep makeup on, but it didn't break me out or have a strong scent. The scent is slightly gross but not bad at all. It doesn't smell fragrant it sort of smells like plastic!

But because of the amazing price (its only $12 in australia where makeup is hella expensive) you might want to try it and see how it does with your skin :))

good luck xox

on 6/21/2016 11:01:00 AM

After much thought, I decided to buy the Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser.
This is a clear, silicone based gel. Odorless. Did not irritate.
Now, onto my findings as far as what my face showed after application:
It's just mediocre at best. When you first apply it, indeed it is slick as some reviews mention. It does what it says - Blurs. Not conceal. Not erase. But the problem with this is that the blurring action is not that great.
This stuff will make your foundation or concealer settle right back into your pores after about an hour of exercise (but not any lines you may have.) Even with setting. The longevity of the product is questionable - I know that it doesn't handle medium impact activity well so your limitations in using this product may be for a photo sitting.
Baby Skin Pore Eraser doesn't do anything amazing enough to qualify for a repurchase.
I also forgot to mention that this made my makeup slide all over the place and effected the coverage: I got better coverage without the primer.
Definitely not a repurchase nor recommendation.

Results are in! Acne prone skin/larger pores

I wanted to love this, but I can't.
The first week using was the best! Absolute best. I was shocked at how un-costly this product was...I did not use this primer daily, until I realized my pores were getting larger
funny because it is called a "pore eraser", huh?
like I said, love at first site but...messy breakup ladies and gents
don't buy if your acne prone (but if you want to try it, go ahead)
BUTTT
as always, with my skin it played a rough game of love/hate.
It fell in love for the days I had first wore this under my Mac full coverage foundation
, then we had to break it off right away out of the blue.

I don't use primer everytime I wear makeup, though I should, but sometimes I just get impatient
Anywho, the fourth time I worse this, I cried! I cried, yes.
I went to check my makeup in my car mirror and my pores looked like they have grown.
I didn't suspect it was the primer just yet, but it was not pretty.
My pores aren't that big - but I swear to you, this made them larger.

I reused the next day to test my theory.
I was right. I gave the primer to my mom (who has flawless skin)

This did make my makeup last longer, but it seems to never dry.
Even with setting powder/sprays.

It ends up feeling like Vaseline has been put all over your skin.

My review may help those with large pores, or even normal pores.
I mean, a pore eraser made them larger.

It was a mess. However, "Baby Skin Instant Bright Transformer" makeup primer has been a god send <3 I was scared to even try another baby skin primer or even a maybelline primer, but the instant bright seems to be what "baby skin pore eraser" should be. they should just sell this one instead, not the pore eraser. the instant bright makes my pores seems faded away while the pore eraser makes them look like craters on the moon

Happy shopping <3

on 6/5/2016 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I think this product is seriously overhyped. It doesn't conceal my pores, whatever foundation or BB cream I use slides around even with a setting powder, and it's extremely greasy on my skin. It's like I applied cooking oil and it's so hard to take off at the end of the day. It also caused some pimples to form around my pore areas.

Whenever I see someone rave about this product, it's usually someone with dry skin. If you have oily skin (as I do) then you should seriously steer clear from this product. Even using a moisturiser as a primer is better than this. If it at least managed to conceal my pores I might have given two, or even three stars, but it didn't even do that no matter what I did!

Another thing I ought to mention: it may be dead cheap, but pay attention to how much product you're getting.