Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser

Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser
Baby Skin Instant Pore EraserBaby Skin Instant Pore EraserBaby Skin Instant Pore Eraser

2.7

Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Stearyl Heptanoate, Caprylyl Glycol, Silica Silylate, Propylene Glycol, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Prunus Cerasus Extract / Bitter Cherry Extract. May Contain: CI 73360 / Red 30, CI 77492 / Iron Oxides.

on 11/16/2016 10:14:00 PM

I have not been having any luck with primers lately. I bought and returned NYX's Shine Killer primer because I felt like it made me oilier. And this one is not much better. I don't feel like it "erases pores" either. And I use it with Maybelline Matte and Poreless foundation so you would think that one of the two of them would help to hide my pores but they just don't. It feels good going on due to the silicone in it but I just don't think it does much for me. So I will use it up but will not be repurchasing. The hunt for the perfect primer continues...

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I like this okay but it does not "instantly erase pores"...blurs or diffuses yeah, maybe that's more accurate. I saw it used on YouTube and that's why I tried it. Can't say I regret buying it though. It's reasonably priced and you only need a bit so one tube lasts forever. I find it's best for casual makeup looks, dewy or fresh skin...not the matte look or when you need to go 12 hours with no touch ups or time. I also find it works better under cheap foundations/tinted moisturizers than high end ones. I used to use this all the time when I didn't own many other primers or know much about them. Now I tend to use different ones more. This one is very silicone-y and I don't as always like that look/finish/texture. Still...not bad. I'd probably repurchase but it wouldn't be an urgent need as if it were a staple.

To Read all 407 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I don't think this primer is bad, then again I understand why so many people would give this product low reviews. I mean, if the name of your product has the words "Instant Pore Eraser", people are going to expect the product to do just that. With that being said, this primer did not erase my pores. However, my skin was left soft like "baby skin". I've only used this primer in spring/fall climates, so I have no idea how well it may hold up in the summer. My skin hasn't been oily as of lately so I'm unable to comment on whether or not it would be suitable for oily skin types. The longest amount of time I've had this on my face for was approximately 6 hours. My makeup has held up well in combination with this (no oil) and it hasn't made me breakout. I believe I purchased this for $8 - 10 (compared to primers available in Sephora that's dirt cheap). I honestly don't care for the packaging. It looks extremely tacky, the font and the overall presentation is not appealing. It comes in a small tube and dispenses product effectively so it gets the job done. In conclusion, it's ok.

on 10/25/2016 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

The skin around my nose is a mystery to me. It used to be so oily my makeup would just slide right off, but it seems to have dried up. My skin just soaks up the moisture in my foundations leaving a cakey mess behind. I have had a tube of this sitting around for awhile, but I've been trying to combat my issues with moisturizing products lately. Well, I had a long day ahead and picked this up again and was surprised at how well the makeup around my nose lasted! It's been years since I've used the Smashbox primer, but I feel like this one is a bit thicker. I think that is good in my case, because there's a thicker barrier between my skin and my foundation, keeping it in tact longer. Would definitely repurchase. :)

on 10/25/2016 8:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This is the only primer i've ever really used so i have nothing to compare it to. I really like it. It lasted me ages. It blurs my skin and hides my pores. It makes my foundation and concealer go on nicely. It makes my make up last longer. The only downside is the texture of it is kinda greasy. And it's nearly $20 but a little goes a long way and the product lasts for ages.

I love it. Makes my skin feel and look amazing and makes blending my foundation 100x easier :)

on 10/21/2016 4:07:00 PM

What made me buy this product was the super cute packaging! The product was okay, it wasn't too bad. I could see this working for other people, but personally I wouldn't purchase this again. I felt like it made my skin feel really "slippery" and it didn't really make my make up stay on longer than usual.

This product didn't make any difference in how my pores look (and yes they are enlarged, but I do have some luck with other pore filling primers, at least upon initial application) and it didn't change how my makeup lasted. That alone is why I am giving it one lippie, since it's basically a waste of money, but it may be worth noting that I am another reviewer who broke out from using it for a few days so I would suggest you patch test if you are going to try it. Pros include cute packaging and no scent. But really not effective.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I only bought this because everybody on YouTube is always raving about it like it's the best thing since sliced bread. I should've known better, because the older I get, the less Maybelline products and I get along. If you had asked me 15-20 years ago, I would've said Maybelline was my favorite drugstore brand. Nowadays that's not the case, and this primer is no exception.

First, let's put this out there: this is NOT a dupe for Benefit Porefessional. I'm sorry, I really am. I wish I had better news but I don't.

If anything, this is a fairly close dupe for monistat anti-chafing gel, which is often used as a primer. Which means that this product must be used sparingly if you don't want your foundation to slip and slide all over your face. For those of you who need more than a teensy bit of primer (like those with oily skin), this poses a problem.

Which is strange considering this primer is actually made for oily skin.

This brings me to my second and final point: it's now obvious to me without a shadow of a doubt that most of these girls and women on YouTube will say anything as long as it goes along with the majority opinion, because they crave the attention. This makes what they say completely untrustworthy, because they make these videos for themselves, not for the genuine love of makeup and all things girly.

I learned my lesson after spending countless money on their useless suggestions over the years. It's just some friendly advice, because I'd like to save people from being too trusting and blowing their money like I did.

on 10/6/2016 9:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I don't know why mua hates this, it's a lovely DS primer. Keeps my oily t-zone under control and makes my foundation stay on just as well as the smashbox photoready and mac prepnprime. I like the tube, the price is amazing and it's a nice little product to add to my routine. I haven't had a HE primer work better for me.