2.7

Shop Now

Reviews

3.0

3 years ago

This primer is very oily and leaves your skin very slippery. It is quite cheap and after a while it smells quite chemically. For a beginner I think this would be good and it does keep your makeup on.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

2.0

3 years ago

This silicone based primer made my makeup oilier! I read reviews about how the foundation stays in place with this type of primer, but it didn't do the job for me. Passed it along to a friend who doesn't have oily skin and she disliked it also.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinVery Oily, Deep Dark

HairBrown

EyesBlack

1.0
from

3 years ago

I read mixed reviews about this product, and the only other primer like this I've used is Rimmel stay matte primer. That stuff is much better :( I have pretty visible pores and combination skin. I was sad to find that it instantly made my face feel greasy. The product itself is a weird consistency, smells weird, and just has a filmy feeling to it. I do love most maybelline products though, this one just didn't do it for me.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

EyesHazel

3.0

3 years ago

This primer is very comparable to the more expensive Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer, in my opinion. It has the same clear (colorless), fragrance-free, slightly silicony texture appearance, same kind of easy application and weightless feel on the skin. It feels very smoothing and almost hydrating on my normal/slightly dry skin. Just like any other primer, I only apply it on my problem areas and not all over the face. I do have quite large pores around my nose. Does this primer fill them in perfectly? Not really. I would say it does just as much as many other primers do for me - it helps a little bit, but definitely does not make the pores invisible. And honestly, no primer does it for me. Will I repurchase it? Probably no (there are so many primers out there that I still want to try). But do I like it enough to finish that 20ml tube? I think, yes. It does make my skin feel smoother and helps my foundation to apply nicer.

About reviewer (99 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

2.0

3 years ago

This was my first primer. I never knew what primer was or that it was recommended, but after a bad experience with a Maybelline foundation I figured I'd give this a try. I think this product is a bit small for its price (I think it was $8 when I bought it) and - while I'm not sure if this is universal - the actual priming gel felt very slimy. It felt slimy when I applied it, and didn't do a good job of providing a protecting layer between my skin and foundation (or even BB cream for that matter). This primer claims to shrink the appearance of pores, but I didn't see any difference.

About reviewer (31 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

from

3 years ago

I don't have large pores so I typically don't go for the pore erasing products but I bought this to try out and I really enjoyed it. It smoothed out my skin and I love the slippery texture of it and how foundation smooths on top. It covered any pores amd texture that I do have but may not if pores are a real problem for you.

About reviewer (128 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

1.0

3 years ago

I bought this thinking it could replace the benefit pores no more, this turned into an epic fail. My first couple uses I liked it. But when I used it under my foundation it was an epic fail. It just sat on my skin and it makes the skin too slippery for foundation to stay in place and not slide around. I trashed this product it made my face look like I had no idea how to apply make up. Don't waste your money or time on this.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

3 years ago

The first time I used the baby skin instant pore eraser, I made the mistake of using it like a primer. By the end of the day my face looked very oily. I loved how it made my skin look smooth and poreless, so I decided to just use it in places where my pores were more noticeable. Now, I love it! I use this first to blurr out my pores, and then I use the maybelline master primer in blurr and smooth all over my face. Both products work really well together, and my skin looks so much better.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

3 years ago

So, this is my regular primer. You can't beat the price. Besides the coconut oil, it's the only reasonably priced part of my beauty regimen. I'm 41, with super dry skin...so everything is patted on. I didn't feel like the texture was much different from the Benefits or the Tarte Blurr. Are those products better??? Ummm, yeah! But at 41, this drugstore dandy does the job.

About reviewer (30 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair

EyesHazel

3 years ago

Easy to use, nice primer before makeup as well

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium