e.l.f. HD Lifting

e.l.f. HD Lifting
e.l.f. Studio HD Lifting Concealer

3.8

Water (aqua), Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Isododecane, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Glycerin, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Propylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sorbitan Oilvate, Magnesium Stearate, Magnesium Sulphate, Boron Nitride, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Silica Dimethyl Silyat, Trithoxycaprylylsilane, Talc, Tocopheryl Acetate (Ve), Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vc), Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Morus Alba Fruit Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Methylisothiazolinone. MAY CONTAIN: Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Ultramarine Violet (Cl 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (Cl 77288), FD&C Blue No1 (Cl 42090)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

So good, so cheap, doesn't break out my insanely sensitive skin. Love it.

on 3/29/2018 1:26:00 PM

I love this concealer. Its thin, spreads and blends easily over my makeup, doesnt look cakey, sets beautifully under my NYX setting powder. I have dry skin so I dont like most concealers, I find that they cake heavily. This fades nicely, only lasts a couple of hours but so what, for $3 bucks Ill take it.
My only complaint is I chose the wrong color, way too light for me but its workable for now until I order from ELF again. Try this you wont regret it.

on 6/19/2017 1:15:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This concealer is astounding! It's the only one I've been reaching for for weeks now.

It's the most low effort, easy to blend concealer I've tried. It has light coverage but it's so thin and spreadable that you can layer it on and get a med/full coverage without it becoming too thick or cakey. This is amazing for me because I suffer from very dry under eyes and I struggle with finding under eye concealers that aren't too thick but still provide decent coverage. It looks very dewy and natural once applied, and even when I set it I feel like my under eyes retain that freshness. It looks like skin under my eyes. It does crease after a few hours (nothing unbearable), but I love how it looks so much that I don't care.

It also work beautifully on blemishes. Conceals them and doesn't upset them and make them worse, as most concealers tend to do on my skin. I also find that it doesn't slip and slides around throughout day. I have combo skin, and my T zone is very oily, but this concealer works for highlighting in my T zone!!! I've never experienced this before. Normally, any concealer I attempt to use to highlight the high points of my face just ends up making my t zone produce oil at a much more rapid rate than usual. Not this one! I can't believe how inexpensive it is for the quality. I will buy a lighter shade so I can continue to use it when I'm not tanning.

My only complaints: the color selection is veeery limited, and I will say that in the areas of my face where I have large pores I feel that this concealer somewhat accentuates them. Will have to play with it a bit more and see if I can work around this. Would highly recommend, though.

on 5/17/2017 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

The price on this is really cheap. Applies nicely. Creamy, not dry. Seems like a medium coverage is provided. Packaging is good. Easy to toss in a purse or travel with. Not HG, but I'd buy it again.

on 4/30/2017 2:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have two shades of this product: "Fair" and "Light". It's safe to say that they're both for light to medium skin tones, as I am around an NC20 and I use Fair when I'm a bit more pale, and Light for when I'm more tan. I don't think there are any lighter shades, but if you're going to buy this concealer then definitely try going for a lighter shade than you usually do. Their names can be misleading.

As for consistency, it's a really creamy concealer that blends really well and sets with a dewy finish. I definitely feel like I always have to powder this concealer well because it can look a little too dewy, but I love concealers with such a creamy texture because they sink into my skin well. For that reason, I don't think this concealer would work well for those with oilier under-eye areas, or else there would probably be a lot of powder involved.

I really like the shades (Fair is my favourite) because they're more neutral in tone than others that I've found. The two colours I own work well for Olive skin. I don't, however, like the concealer's staying power. It's definitely not as budge-proof as my Mac or Maybelline ones. It doesn't smell, never broke me out, and it didn't feel drying on my skin. The black covering of the cap did break at some point, but it didn't ruin the felt tip applicator (though the packaging is overall cheap).

I've been on the fence about re-purchasing as it's so cheap and has a great texture, but just isn't the most long-lasting. I have eye bags that I definitely want to cover up, and while the concealer is really pigmented, it's just a little bit too sheer at times. I feel like I'll end up trying some higher end concealers, namely because I don't re-touch my makeup and need it to last all day.

However, for around $5, it's probably one of the best concealers around that price range. It's got a nice, light texture that didn't look cakey on me, and I personally like the shades I own. I will probably buy it again at some point and at its really low price point, I recommend trying it once.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Other

I needed a new concealer so I thought I'd try this one.. I got the shade light and it's wayyyyy too dark and orange for my skin tone- not light at all. Very disappointed. Will probably use this in the summer months and hope it works out.

on 3/28/2017 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Note: this review is for the concealer, not the color correcting shades! This concealer exceeded my expectations considering the low-price point and my previous disappointment with other cheap concealers (Elf included). If I apply this concealer after moisturizing and priming my undereye, it blends in perfectly. Top it off with some FitMe pressed powder or Elf’s HD undereye Setting powder and it barely creases, even after hours of wear! This actually beat the Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer for me, which is saying a lot considering Maybelline is double the price and also considered the HG of drugstore concealers to many people including renowned beauty vloggers.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I actually really like this concealer. I used to be a long-time user of Maybelline Fit Me until I went vegan and cruelty free and have struggled to find a replacement. Most concealers are too drying or cakey looking on me and I like my concealer to look a little more natural. I've tried Pacifica, NYX, NARS, and Urban Decay and honestly preferred this over all of them. NARS looked okay but didn't look better enough to warrant a $30 purchase over a $3 one.

This is not full coverage (which I prefer) and won't last all day. The good thing is that whereas some concealers make you look like a cakey, creasey mess when the day is over, this concealer fades away very nicely. Your dark circles might show through a little more than they did in the morning, but that's it. It's more like you can't tell there was ever anything there at all to begin with... which is better than the alternative.

Blends out beautifully with fingers or a beauty blender. I set it with the RCMA No Color Powder and you honestly can hardly tell anything is there. And I'm very picky about being able to detect makeup on the skin. I want my skin to look like SKIN.

Another thing to note is that I'm ~NC37 and I use the shade Light, and even that is almost too dark for me, so I can understand the bad reviews about the shade options.

While I like this concealer, I don't like that it has mineral oil and other not-so-great ingredients (to be expected with a $3 concealer) so I am still on the hunt for something better. But for now this is my go-to.

on 2/27/2017 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

It's a good concealer for $3. The shades run darker than you would think. I'm NC37, and use light, but that's almost too dark for my undereye area. The concealer has a great consistency, and is very blendable, but it does crease, even when it is set. I feel like you need to use a lot of product (I go through it in 1.5-2 months), and unlike most concealers, it fades away by mid day for some reason :(

on 2/26/2017 7:39:00 AM

I got this in "light" shade. I am not sure if it is the "lifting"
Properties, but it made my under eye area look very strange. It completely covers , it's buildable, easy to blend in. It just the way it sits on the skin. Even with setting powder, and it still looked caked/uneven. I even used a concealer brush to try it out! It's not for me. It works good for other blemishes/hyperpigmentartion coverage.