E.L.F. HD Lifting

E.L.F. HD Lifting
e.l.f. Studio HD Lifting Concealer

3.8

Water (aqua), Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Isododecane, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Glycerin, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Propylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sorbitan Oilvate, Magnesium Stearate, Magnesium Sulphate, Boron Nitride, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Silica Dimethyl Silyat, Trithoxycaprylylsilane, Talc, Tocopheryl Acetate (Ve), Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vc), Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Morus Alba Fruit Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Methylisothiazolinone. MAY CONTAIN: Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Ultramarine Violet (Cl 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (Cl 77288), FD&C Blue No1 (Cl 42090)

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I actually really like this concealer. I used to be a long-time user of Maybelline Fit Me until I went vegan and cruelty free and have struggled to find a replacement. Most concealers are too drying or cakey looking on me and I like my concealer to look a little more natural. I've tried Pacifica, NYX, NARS, and Urban Decay and honestly preferred this over all of them. NARS looked okay but didn't look better enough to warrant a $30 purchase over a $3 one.

This is not full coverage (which I prefer) and won't last all day. The good thing is that whereas some concealers make you look like a cakey, creasey mess when the day is over, this concealer fades away very nicely. Your dark circles might show through a little more than they did in the morning, but that's it. It's more like you can't tell there was ever anything there at all to begin with... which is better than the alternative.

Blends out beautifully with fingers or a beauty blender. I set it with the RCMA No Color Powder and you honestly can hardly tell anything is there. And I'm very picky about being able to detect makeup on the skin. I want my skin to look like SKIN.

Another thing to note is that I'm ~NC37 and I use the shade Light, and even that is almost too dark for me, so I can understand the bad reviews about the shade options.

While I like this concealer, I don't like that it has mineral oil and other not-so-great ingredients (to be expected with a $3 concealer) so I am still on the hunt for something better. But for now this is my go-to.

on 2/27/2017 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

It's a good concealer for $3. The shades run darker than you would think. I'm NC37, and use light, but that's almost too dark for my undereye area. The concealer has a great consistency, and is very blendable, but it does crease, even when it is set. I feel like you need to use a lot of product (I go through it in 1.5-2 months), and unlike most concealers, it fades away by mid day for some reason :(

on 2/26/2017 7:39:00 AM

I got this in "light" shade. I am not sure if it is the "lifting"
Properties, but it made my under eye area look very strange. It completely covers , it's buildable, easy to blend in. It just the way it sits on the skin. Even with setting powder, and it still looked caked/uneven. I even used a concealer brush to try it out! It's not for me. It works good for other blemishes/hyperpigmentartion coverage.

on 12/26/2016 1:52:00 PM

I use this concealer for under eye area but it set in crease. All the shades are too yellow I have the fair tone and is yellow practically can be used as a color corrector that is for I use it.

on 11/8/2016 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have this concealer in the shade Brightening, and I'm really impressed with it. It's not a full coverage concealer by any means, in fact it is pretty sheer, but it does really brighten up my undereye area. I like to use it on its own when I don't have a full face of makeup, or as a base for a more full coverage concealer when I want to be sure to cover my dark circles more thoroughly. Since I'm quite fair, yellow toned concealer sometimes look weird on me (like the Maybelline age rewind in the shade light), but once blended this doesn't look yellow anymore, only brightening. I don't know if it really does anything in terms of lifting or minimizing fine lines, but it feels very nice on the sensitive under eye area. I haven't experienced any irritation. I would definitely repurchase, and I might even try the "regular", non-correcting fair shade. I have a feeling I can replace the Maybelline Fit me concealer (which isn't cruelty free and therefore must go from my collection) with that one.

+ Cruelty free
+ Vegan
+ Cheap
+ The packaging looks quite nice
+ Blends completely effortlessly
+ Doesn't look cakey
+ Brightens in a flattering way for my skin tone

- Contains mineral oil as the second ingredient, and talc is quite far up the list as well
- While the packaging looks good, it certainly feels cheap
- Smells chemical-y

on 10/31/2016 6:36:00 PM

I love this concealer. It's creamy, easily blend-able, and has good coverage. BE wary of which shade you get, I usually get the shade "medium", but that was too dark for me and I had to get "light". Honestly, even the light shade errs on the side of too dark, but it works surprisingly well.

This product can get cakey, you don't need alot. For my undereye circles, it acts more like a color correcter and I blend it with another concealer. For the price point, I would recommend trying out. It's 8hrs of sleep in a tube for me.

i just bought this today and swatched it on my arm, i bought light and its pretty dark i think this would be a medium in all other brands for my skin tone, ill use this as an allover product to even out my skin whenever i have 5 minutes or less to be ready to head out the door. i love the price of this, $3 is so affordable

By far one of my favourite items from E.L.F.! It does a great job colour correcting my dark circles, really brightens up my weary eyes! it does not crease and stays on all day even though I live in a tropical climate where make-up moves around the face all the time. It has also helped my gel eyeliner stay put! On days where my undereyes skin feels a bit dry, I do spot some fine lines but they arent very noticeable and I just gently blend them out with my finger and it's easily fixed!

Previously I had used the E.L.F. concealer and highlighter duo (

on 7/5/2016 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

One of the worst concealer formula I have every tried. I have two in the color correcting shades - yellow and green. They are super hard to blend and crease like crazy. I'm not a fan.

on 7/5/2016 10:03:00 PM

Looking for a new concealer. Thought I'd try E.L.F. HD one. I don't have dark circles under my eyes but do want to brighten and soften the area. I was using Age Rewind but it began breaking me out so I pulled out my Physician's Formula Beauty Balm concealer which I have no complaints about. I just wanted to see if there was something better.

This isn't it. I got it in Fair - the colour is pretty good when it comes out, but looked really grey in the store. The consistency is creamy but dries quickly. However it completely made my skin look heavy and grey and dry and completely emphasized a gazzillion lines that weren't visible before I put it on! It sat on top of the skin and showed every pore. Just no.