BeneFit Cosmetics Stay Flawless

2.8

on 7/3/2016 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This primer works! It's in a stick which is SO NOT my favorite form, but it glides on fairly easily and really holds foundation (or tinted sunscreen, CC or BB creams) ON and keeps it looking even and smooth for hours. I use it over serum and moisturizer as it's oil free and I am very dry and sensitive. Says what it does and does what it says!!! I see a lot of others not so crazy about it and I can see why due to the stupid packaging, but I still love the results on my skin.

on 5/21/2016 6:35:00 PM

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE PRODUCT.
DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY.

CONS
-extremely hard to work with, just painfully dragged my skin around (even with moisturiser underneath!)
-dried too fast resulting in a very uneven texture
-make all of my favourite foundations that ALWAYS work on me separate like crazy. I looked like a foundation jigsaw puzzle within hours. NOT a good look.
-friggin' expensive.

PROS
-the packaging is kinda cute, but that's it.

To Read all 86 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/21/2016 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Ok I don't get it. I tried, I did.

I got a sample as well so I really can't speak for the actual applicator, but I have used many stick foundations and things in similar packages so I'm sure it's ok. However, the sample one was kind of a b*tch to apply because it was like a little sliver of soap.

This has a weirdish texture. Not too greasy as I thought it would be but different. I know Benefit does interesting products, some I like, some I don't. I did buy the Hello Flawless (which is where I got this sample) and that's only ok to me, but I bought it because I avoid cyclops which most foundations have. This didn't seem to have any problematic ingredients so I tried it. I have to be honest, it didn't make the foundation worse or better. I even went one day with it on half my face and not the other and I couldn't tell the difference. I was on clendamycin lotion when I was using the Hello Flawless and that made
me greasy as anything so it was hard to wear any makeup at the time, but even without that, I just don't feel this is necessary for the extra step needed. I'll probably try it again/use it up maybe but I just don't see the point of paying a lot of money for it. I get they want to create new types of products but I just prefer an easier routine. I also tried Smashbox BB water and I like that wayyy more than the Benefit anyway and it needs no primer.

on 1/15/2016 10:54:00 PM

I'm pretty neutral about this primer. I wasn't amazing but I've used worse. it didnt smooth out my face much but did do it to a small degree. i won't be repurchasing.

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Horrible primer. Very tacky and foundation doesn't stick on to skin. Can't believe I spent $60 for a primer that doesn't do its job.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I use this with other Benefit products & it does fairly well. It makes my pores less noticeable & it lasts quite a while on. It doesn't clog my pores like 90% of primers do & doesn't cause irritation. Expensive, I know but sometimes splurging needs to be done on a product that works well with your skin.

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

ive oily skin and it just makes the foundational to split and go patchy and dispier after a while so you end up looking like 2yr old did you makeup and like you've just run a marathon.

Love this. I hate primer because they all seemed to make foundation stick into my pores worse until i found this. I got a sample with the hello flawless liquid foundation and am definately buying it. If you hate primer normally try this. It sets and stays set unlike porefessional or smashbox primers which i find dont.

Bought the full size and im loving it its really helping my face not turn into a greasy mess even my mum noticed! Its almost waxy feeling and pulls the skin as you try move it around once its dried so it really stays put once dry.

on 3/29/2015 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I purchased this product to wear to keep my foundation in place during the hot summer seasons. I paid $32 for it. A good thing I do like the packaging and the convenience of the application as a twist up and you don't have to use you fingers if you don't like. I have use my fingers and a brush to apply after rubbing the stick product on my face. This product is very difficult to work with and you must move fast to apply because it does set on the skin fast. The downside of this product is very tacky and your foundation sticks to the product it can move on the face. For instance, I was at work and it was a hot day, I don't know if it was the outdoor elements or not. I left the office to go outside about three times ( I lease condos therefore, I leave my desk to show units) my foundation moved and the blemish on my cheek was showing. I rarely touch my face and I use blot sheets maybe once a day to control oil. I don't know if the product moved because of my skin type or because of the weather. I continued to use this product and is still moves on the face. The consistency of the movement is like when you smudge your nail polish, it buckles up on your face, how embarrassing! Not only does your foundation move but so does the primer. I am NOT a professional, I'm just a woman that loves makeup. Maybe I'm using the product incorrectly. But I do know I've used different primers where I've had long lasting results without the problem of extreme tackiness and movement. I would not purchase this product again.

on 2/28/2015 8:22:00 AM

I have been using this and love that I do not have to touch up my makeup, but I put it to the real test yesterday. I put this on yesterday at 11am, with bare minerals bare skin foundation. I spent the night at my bf's (and fell asleep with my makeup on), and had to take him to the airport at 5am (I rolled outta bed and got into the car). I went into Starbucks, and a guy told me I was beautiful, and asked me out. Lol! I immediately thought of this primer! 20 hours, slept on, still perfect. This is what I did. *Moisturizer *Applied primer to forehead, with fingertips, then immediately applied bare minerals bare skin foundation, with fingertips, blending the primer and foundation together. *Do not let this primer dry, or apply it to your whole face and then apply foundation. Work on area at a time. I think the foundation that you use with this primer matters. Bare skin works well because it's super liquidy, and melts into the primer. After applying each section (forehead, cheek, cheek, chin) I blended it lightly with my damp beauty blender sponge. *Set with HD powder *Spray with UD All nighter Anyone who has used the bare skin foundation, knows that it normally stays on for 5 minutes. I adore the finish if it, and couldn't be happier that this keeps it on, and fresh looking.