Orly Sparkling Garbage

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Sparkling Garbage is a an a very pretty polish. It is a very light mint green base loaded with fine holo glitters in the colors of the rainbow. I am doing this review based on using this polish as a topper.

I found the formula a little on the runny side but it wasn’t an issue as all you have to do is wipe your brush a little bit extra. I didn’t have any running or pooling and the texture was fine. The holo glitters spread evenly over the nail bed. I used two coats over Sinful Mint Apple polish and it made a pretty combo.

You maybe able to use this as a stand alone polish but I think it would take numerous coats to get to full opacity. I may try that the next time.

This comes packaged in the standard Orly polish bottle with a standard brush. It isn’t innovative but it works.

I don’t remember how much I paid for this polish but I think it was around $8. I would definitely repurchase and I think that it is pretty.

I am in love with this polish. Can't stop looking at my fingers. Usually I get bored with the colour after a couple of days and change it. Not this one, I would happily wear it for weeks.

You can wear this polish by itself, but then you will need 4-5 coats. I prefer it over other colours: mints and turquoises complement it brilliantly. This time I layered it over Rimmel Bright Back at You and it's a perfect combo. The only word of warning, if your base colour is streaky it will show under Sparkling Garbage, so make sure it's even.

I am not the one for back bottles, but I might make an exception for this one.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love the name of this first off, lol, but this is a perfect green scattered halo topper OR on its own. Its easy to apply and its not goopy. Looks perfect over anything seriously.

This is by far my favorite green scattered halo. Orly really hit it out of the park with this. It's a sagey green that is opaque on 2 coats but it is a lighter green so be aware.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Hands down THE BEST name for a nail polish, EVER. Sparkling Garbage is a beautiful, sheer (but buildable), muted sage green with lots of small rainbow glitter flecks. 2-3 coats looks best. I can wear it for about a week without bad chipping. Definitely my favorite nail polish ever, both because of the name and the unique color. Good job, Orly!

Love this polish. I got it on sale at Sally yesterday for only $4. I have it layered over OPI's Maliblue (3 coats) right now. It's such a nice combination. This is a great polish for layering. And, I'll probably wear it on it's own sometime too.

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

I literally squee when I come across a polish like this! After not being able to find this particular color locally (only a couple of stores carried the collection but, of course, this one was sold out) I ordered it from a source online. In the meantime I came here to see if it had been reviewed. The first reviewer hit all the pertinent points very well. I had every intention of applying this polish by itself but, based on the original reviewer's suggestion, I applied one coat of this over a teal polish. I first applied one even coat of OPI's Ski Teal We Drop as my base then this. It is so beautiful! The holographic quality of this beauty is right up there with Color Club and Zoya's most recent holos. Get this one if you can!

Sparkling Garbage was released as part of Orly's Mash Up collection for Summer 2013. An absolutely amazing shade of sheer dusty green-teal packed with holographic glitter! Takes 4-5 coats to reach full opacity, but the formula is easy to work with and dries fairly fast. Try layering a coat or 2 over turquoises and teals, such as Orly Green with Envy, China Glaze Exotic Encounters, Zoya Frida, and Essie Naughty Nautical.

Incredibly gorgeous, unique, versatile, super sparkly and rainbow-y! Recommended, especially to all holo lovers!

Popular Polishes