no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

7 years ago

Steel Ink is a new addition to the range of gel liner shades as of summer 2013, according to several BB SAs Steel is permanent. Shade description: Medium dark muted navy, it is a neutral kind of blue. The shade is a mix of navy and grey, I think it is very classy color, no shimmer. For my NW15 coloring Steel is a softer option than black for defining my eyes. Staying power is good and application is smooth. I will repurchase. Price $23

About reviewer (573 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesGray

7 years ago

Steel is part of the 2013 Bobbi Brown Navy & Nude summer collection; I'm not sure if it's limited ed. or permanent. I love the color, I've seen it described a few different ways, but it's a med/dark gray blue - it reminds me of a cadet blue (anyone familiar with West Point Military Academy - it's like the color of their uniforms). There is no shimmer in this color and like the other gel liners, it applies smoothly and stays in place all day long.

About reviewer (48 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

2.0

7 years ago

I'm not sure why this is not named Steel Shimmer. The shimmer particles in this aren't as fine as Bobbi's Twilight Night Shimmer Ink. They are large enough to see a couple feet away so I returned mine. The shimmer also being larger they aren't saturated as the shimmer inks so perhaps that is why the name doesn't imply shimmer. I'd rather have more fine shimmer than a larger sparkle here & there myself. The color has no blue in it, it is a darker charcoal grey. I have read a review on QVC that stated blue, but if you play the video even Bobbi herself says there's no blue in it. However, someone at her company listed on her website as a rich navy. I have seen some navy deep enough to appear black so maybe that's it? I plan to purchase Granite instead.

About reviewer (272 reviews)

Age44-55