Bioderma Sebium Global

3.7

AQUA/WATER/EAU, C12-13 ALKYL LACTATE, DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL, CITRIC ACID, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, GLYCERIN, ZINC GLUCONATE, METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, SALICYLIC ACID, ARACHIDYL ALCOHOL, DIMETHICONE, MANNITOL, XYLITOL, RHAMNOSE, FRUCTOOLIGOSACCHARIDES, LAMINARIA OCHROLEUCA EXTRACT, GINKGO BILOBA LEAF EXTRACT, BEHENYL ALCOHOL, GLYCERYL STEARATE, PEG-100 STEARATE, SILICA, HYDROXYETHYL ACRYLATE/ SODIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE COPOLYMER, XANTHAN GUM, ARACHIDYL GLUCOSIDE, C30-45 ALKYL CETEARYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, GLYCYRRHETINIC ACID, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, POLYSORBATE 60, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, BAKUCHIOL, SQUALANE, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM).

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Blimey - I received a sample of this & I have never experienced stinging like it! Immediately after I applied I felt a strong itching, burning & stinging sensation. I removed straight away & followed with a soothing face mask. My skin is sensitive, but can deal with the La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo+ when my t-zone is congested. I was hoping the sebium cream would work similarly, but no - I'll be sticking with the Effaclar.

This is a very honest review! Tried a lot of expensive products from Dior, Chanel etc just to treat my skin well but none worked until Bioderma Global Cover came. Looks perfectly natural and everybody is are complementing my skin! Above all! My acne prone skin is no loner prone :)!!!! Dont think twice! Get it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

After IPL treatment of philips Lumia at home, I struggled with acne. I bought this to get rid of my blackheads over my nose but I decided to put it also on my acnes.
If acne is really new, it worked like charm and it disappeared after 1 - 2 nights. For more stubborn red burning ones, it made them smaller and smaller each day and dried them which is really normal for me . Acne needs patient.

When you use it it gives you burning tingling sensation. But that pass after 10-15 minutes. I find it hard to put moisturizer on it because it flakes.

Overall I really found it effecient and i can suggest it.

This product was recommended by my dermatologist. I initially tried it all over my face but it was too drying and it stung. I stopped using it for a few months and now I've started using it again but only on problem areas. It seems ok but nothing wildly effective.

A few months ago I had a breakout because of stress and probably other factors too. I had a bunch of pimples on my cheeks, my nose and chin and there kept on showing up. After some research on the Internet, I found out about Bioderma Sebium Global. I already had their washing gel for combination/oily skin and it was kind of drying for my skin. If I use the gel twice a day for more than one week, then my skin gets dry and irritated.

But this product worked magic for me. I saw an improvement after a few uses (2-3 days and most of my pimples were gone). I've been using it for about 3-4 months now and still have some product left. You really don't need to apply very much.

The price was really good where I live and I will definitely repurchase it again.

Before this, I've also used La Roche Posay (Effaclar Mat), and the results were way better with Bioderma for my skin.

Totally recommand.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love Bioderma Sebium Global. I use this one a day, at night time on top of my Olay sensitive moisturiser. I also use Bioderma Sebium Gel (the blue gel) and together they have been incredible at treating my acne. I'm so happy with these so far and it has made such a difference in my life!

Global has effectively reduced the active pimples and clogged pores all over my face. It also treats facial redness resulting from acne. In a span of just one week, I've seen great improvement on my skin - a lot less redness and inflammation, active pimples and clogged pores. It helps prevent new pimples forming as well. Thank you Bioderma!! Love you!!

When you apply it, it will sting slightly but this should subside after 2-3 minutes. At first, it might take longer but after a few times, your skin will get used to it. Even my sensitive skin can handle it. I see it as a sign of it working on drying acne and treating redness. Highly recommended if you're after something for sensitive, acne/blemised skin!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i have to say goodbye to this sebium global after tried it for 2 weeks. at first i give it a try after i read it suit for combi-oily skin and also can eliminate pimples and blackheads and also soothes and reduces redness cause by inflammation. unfortunately this can make my mild rosacea flare up a bit and have an itchy feeling for 10-15 minutes after i applied it on my face. i tried to use twice daily, but as it has an itchy feeling so i only use it once daily.

I stop using this after 2 weeks without any improvement and apparently it can not eliminate my blackheads, hormonal acne still came and go, my whiteheads still there and eventually it made me a break out with a little red bumps on my jawline.
i really don't know what ingredient that not suit for me, maybe the fragrance or maybe the alkyl lactate. whatever it is, my skin doesn't like this product. sorry!

here is the ingredient list that i got from bioderma website :

AQUA/WATER/EAU, C12-13 ALKYL LACTATE, DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL, CITRIC ACID, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, GLYCERIN, ZINC GLUCONATE, METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, SALICYLIC ACID, ARACHIDYL ALCOHOL, DIMETHICONE, MANNITOL, XYLITOL, RHAMNOSE, FRUCTOOLIGOSACCHARIDES, LAMINARIA OCHROLEUCA EXTRACT, GINKGO BILOBA LEAF EXTRACT, BEHENYL ALCOHOL, GLYCERYL STEARATE, PEG-100 STEARATE, SILICA, HYDROXYETHYL ACRYLATE/SODIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE COPOLYMER, XANTHAN GUM, ARACHIDYL GLUCOSIDE, C30-45 ALKYL CETEARYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, GLYCYRRHETINIC ACID, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, POLYSORBATE 60, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, BAKUCHIOL, SQUALANE, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM).

I had a random sudden breakout of spots and blackheads on my cheeks and forehead. I had heard about bioderma sebium products before so I decided to but the bioderma sebium h20 water (which is amazing for taking off makeup and making skin soft) and I bought the global cream. I applied the cleansing water morning and night and after I applied the cream allover my face. After about 5 days I noticed the appearance of my spots to down completely and they became less noticeable. Although the didn't disappear completely, but after maybe a couple of weeks using both the water and cream twice a day then that could happen. The cream can hurt a little if you have open pores or sensitive skin but it did an amazing job at toning down blemishes. Would definitely buy again :)

Like the Sebium AKN, this does nothing on my skin, and I can only use it at night, because it's sticky and bad under makeup!

Really wanted to like this one, but not worth it.

I have been lucky to go through adolesence with barely a pimple in sight, only to develop adult acne on my chin and lower cheeks at the ripe age of 40:( After trying to treat it with Neostrata Smoothing Cream (thinking this was better for my skin since it claims to treat wrinkles as well) and seeing no result, I decided to take drastic measures and turn to acne fighting products instead. I had two friends who were recommended by their dermatologists to try the Bioderma Sebium Global gel and so last May I bought my first ever anti-acne treatment. Unfortunately, I used Sebium Global once a day every morning for more than a month with no difference whatsoever. In fact, I have the impression that I started developing more pimples than before. I blamed my Sunscreen at the time (also by Bioderma), bought another one and stopped using Sebium Global during my holidays where the sun and sea salt managed to clear my face on their own. To my great disappointment though, upon my arrival to work I started breaking out again and a week ago I remembered my Bioderma Sebium Global cream which I hadn't used for almost two months. After only two days of use, my one pink pimple turned into 4(!) red and inflammed ones in both of my cheeks. I know some people say that you have to go through the 'purging' face, but based on my earlier experience with Global, that wasn't going to happen anyway. So, I bought a tube of Avene Cleanance K gel, which on the first night managed to clear my whiteheads and on the second turned my large red pimples into small, pink ones. I've been using Avene for 4 days (nights to be exact) and my pimples are barely visible anymore. I don't know if Cleanance will continue working for me (I plan to write a review after a couple of weeks of testing) but I know for sure that Bioderma Sebium Global does nothing at best for adult acne and aggravates it at worst. I'm really, really disappointed with it, and the only good thing is that I didn't pay too much for it. In the garbage bin it goes!