Giovanni 2chic Avocado & Olive Oil Ultra-Moist Conditioner

Giovanni 2chic Avocado & Olive Oil Ultra-Moist Conditioner

3.9

Not tested on animals

Aqua (Purified Water), Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B-5), Phenoxyethanol, Citric Acid, Chlorophyllin-Copper Complex, Fragrance, *Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, *Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, *Litchi (Lychee) Chinensis Fruit Extract, *Oleo Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil,*Chenopodium Quinoa Flower/Leaf Extract, *Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, *Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Sodium Benzoate. USDA Certified Organic.

on 4/19/2017 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Oh.My.GOD!!!

This conditioner is a total game changer for my crusty and superdry hair. I have finally found my HG conditioner. I love it so much that my husband might smother me with a pillow in my sleep, if I just once more ramble on about how amazing my hair looks and feels because of this miracle substance in a tube.

In all honesty I picked it out by chance. I was standing there at Whole Foods needing to try yet-another-crueltyfree-conditioner-to-save-my-hair. It came close with Kevin Murphy's Luxury Rinse but the results were not spot on and neither was the price tag (good grief that stuff is expensive!). I had given up hope, actually. I might just be living with this stack of hay for the rest of my life...nothing seemed to work. So many trial and errors in my quest for healthy and shiny hair. "Ultra-moist"...well, what the heck, right? So I took a shampoo (see other review) and a conditioner, not having very high hopes, but at least it was half the price of KM, so I wasn't exactly directly setting fire to my money in case this one didn't work either.

I tried it out the same night, and I could tell already in the shower that this one was different. Here three weeks later the verdict still holds up: this conditioner leaves my hair bouncy, silky and shiny out the the outermost split ends. No frizz and no sign of dryness what so ever. Just endless shine. You guys, this has never happened before! I can see how it might way down fine hair too much, but for my natural curls with a tendency to frizz, this is like fairy dust and rainbows. Seriously. My hair does not get greasy from this product, I still only need to wash it twice a week, and a little goes a long way, so this is a very afordable product.

I am never buying another conditioner again. Ever.

on 3/22/2017 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have a lot of fine, color-treated, dry/damaged hair that is prone to wave/frizz/crazy hairs if I don't blow it out.

I've been on a mission over the years to replace my HG Redken All Soft conditioner (pre 2013-12 when it still contained avocado oil) with minimal success. I recently began researching conditioners that contain avocado oil and from the two that I've found recently (OGX Brazilian Keratin) and this, I am been SUPER impressed. I usually only use salon products and am now kicking myself for wasting so much money on inferior products with awful ingredients. This is a FANTASTIC conditioner and it gives wayyyyyy better results than any other salon product I've used in a LONG time.

I love a product that feels good as soon as you put it in your hair. I could instantly feel it detangling and was able to easily rake my hands through my hair. I paired this with the Enjoy Luxury Sulfate Free, AG Conditioning mist, 1 drop of Redken Heat Glide and 1 drop of Paul Mitchell Skinny serum and my hair was like butter, not greasy at all and my color looks great.

I took one lippie off because it doesn't give as much shine as the OGX but for the price, and the awesome ingredients, you can't beat it.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This has a light, fresh scent. I have fine, dry hair and found this conditioner weighed down my hair, leaving it feeling limp and greasy.

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

This conditioner really surprised me, and definitely in a good way. I assumed there'd be zero slip given that it's silicone-free, but it glides through my hair like butter and it detangles like a dream. This conditioner makes my fine hair feel incredibly moisturized and soft without weighing it down. The fragrance is mild, almost undetectable to my nose, which I actually like. I definitely recommend this if you have fine, dry hair that needs a moisture boost (this is is protein-free).

I love the matching shampoo and I really like this conditioner as well *but* it's really not enough for my super dry platinum bleached hair. I'm excited to try the deep conditioner and serum from this line, for some extra moisture.

Ps- I also LOVE the fact that this is a protein free conditioner. My hair hates protein and just about every conditioner has it. Not this one!

on 9/27/2014 6:13:00 PM

The Giovanni Smooth as Silk shampoo is my HG and I would use the counterpart conditioner on any in-between days when I wasn't using a mask or deep conditioner like I do most of the time (my hair is quite long so I try to keep it really conditioned). Anyway, I think this is the "new version" of that line, which I can't find in stores anymore.

This conditioner is fine. I rarely find normal (non-deep) conditioners to have that much of an impact. Despite it being billed as ultra moist, I didn't feel that it made my hair feel especially soft or smooth after use, nor did it add shine. It was better than using no conditioner at all, of course. The scent is nice and the formula is lightweight so it doesn't weigh down hair or make it feel greasy. It's sulfate free, which is one of the reasons I love Giovanni's S&C's.

A bit pricey at $9 for a tube. It's on par with any decent conditioner, but it's not miraculous.

on 8/22/2014 3:04:00 PM

I agree with previous reviewer daz4. It just left my hair strands lank and coated and drier
then when I started, my hair felt gross.

on 8/21/2014 7:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Bought this after a great reviews on the site. Unfortunately, this conditioner provided zero conditioning To my hair. Going to return it. It just left my hair strands lank and coated. Tried with and without the matching shampoo and no better performance either way.

on 6/10/2014 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I know the mask got glowing reviews, but I only bought the tube of conditioner. The shampoo is hydrating and I did not want to go overboard and have limp lifeless hair. Overall I am happy with shampoo and conditioner. READ my review on the shampoo. :)
Update: I have to put this under the sink, I am in love with Bumble's new line Hairdresser's oil!

on 4/4/2014 3:35:00 AM

I was on the lookout for a moisture conditioner without protein and this is one of the very few they stock in my local store. It does make my dry long coloured hair soft and airy. I like that it's silicone free, but I really don't know how much of the avocado/olive oil they really have, given it's so far down on the ingredient list. I alternate between this moisture conditioner and another redken protein conditioner that I have. I use it as a hair mask to DC with my steamer as well, which works. The conditioner has the same ingredients as the hair mask in this range, minus the silicone, for 1.5 times the volume of the mask at the same price.

The ingredients list: Aqua (Purified Water), Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B-5), Phenoxyethanol, Citric Acid, Chlorophyllin-Copper Complex, Fragrance, *Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, *Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, *Litchi (Lychee) Chinensis Fruit Extract, *Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, *Chenopodium Quinoa Flower/Leaf Extract, *Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, *Helianthus Annuus(Sunflower) Seed Oil, Sodium Benzoale *USDA Certified Organic 100% Vegetarian ingredients / No Animal Testing