Living Proof Satin Hair Serum

Filtered by eye Color : Green

2.4

Isododecane, neopentyl glycol diheptanoate, C12-15 alkyl benzoate, isoamyl laurate, diheptyl succinate, ethylene/propylene/styrene copolymer, octafluoropentyl methacrylate (OFPMA), PPG-3 benzyl ether ethylhexanoate, PEG/PPG/polybutylene glycol-8/5/3 glycerin, bis-ethyl (isostearylimidazoline) isostearamide, phytosteryl sunflowerseedate, hydrogenated vegetable glycerides, capryloyl glycerin/sebacic acid copolymer, dilinoleic acid/propanediol copolymer, butylene/ethylene/styrene copolymer, fragrance, citronellol, linalool, butylphenyl methylpropional, citral, limonene, coumarin, geraniol.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I am currently trying sample size of living proof products and got a small size of this in a kit.

Even though this product isn't for me I would say that it pretty much does what it claims to do (add softeness, shine and reducing frizz). However there are far better products from living proof (and some traditional silicone products) that does the same and are more adapted to my hair. I also used this after living proof shampoo and conditioner and didn't put any silicone or oil in my hair to give it a fair trial.

The problems with this serum is that it's quite hard to dose because of the thick texture and it can make my straight hair look a bit piecey. The thick sticky texture makes it hard to spread through my hair. I have to put my head upside down and spread the serum between my palms and "sandwich" sections of my hair between my hands to actually spread the product on my hair and not keep it on my hands.To me the serum reminds me and acts like very fancy perfumy glycerin. This product does not feel like an improvement over traditional oils like jojoba or coconut or traditional silicone based serums.

So far from what I tested from living proof this is one of the only product that I wouldn't recommend to someone. The real stars of the living proof line are they different lines of styling creams and their texture products that I will review later after proper testing.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

The ONLY thing I like about this serum is the consistency reminds me of a dry oil. Dry oils are awesome because they are SUPER light yet moisturize deeply.

But that's about it when it comes to the list of pros. I definitely would not recommend this serum. Living Proof Satin Hair Serum is over priced and over hyped. It is not unique to the rest of hair serums available. You could spend half the amount this costs at Sally Beauty Supply and walk out with a better product.

Needless to say, the ingredient list is really lacking. Isododecane is the first listed, thus this will dry your hair out over time. Since this is masked by a hydrating appearance, you most likely wouldn't realize until the damage has been done to your hair. There is absolutely nothing that stands out in the ingredient list that would convince me this is a quality product for hair. And it shows.

Obviously I won't be repurchasing.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I've been using a sample-sized pump bottle for a few weeks. I have fine, curly hair that I straighten every day because otherwise, it gets frizzy around my face. I've tried a handful of drug store frizz/smoothing/straightening serums/creams (e.g. John Frieda, Fekkai, etc.) but this one works so much better. It makes my hair shiny and smooth after blow drying. I typically use this on the weekend when I don't take the time to straighten my hair and despite the outrageous price, I am thinking of getting the full-size. A little goes a LONG way--for my shoulder-length hair, a dime-sized amount does the trick and anything more than that makes it look greasy--so I know it will last me forever if I decide to splurge. It has a terrible citronella smell like mosquito repellant but I don't notice the scent after my hair dries.

I use keratin treatment for my hair; so I try to avoid silicones to prevent buildup. This product fulfills that need. I have had no issues with this being too greasy, and I have not had the rebound effect of frizzier hair the next day that I have gotten with other serums. This serum adds just that extra touch of silk and shine I need as my keratin wears off. Fantastic product.

I don't review many products, but I have to disagree with some opinions of this. I actually really liked it. I got a few packet samples from Sephora. I have long, fine, wavy, blonde hair. It's a bit frizzy and not as thick as I'd like. After washing with Wen, I always spitz It's a 10 Miracle Leave In for Blondes and comb it through. Then, I used 1/3 of a packet (a few drops) of this serum throughout my hair before blowdrying upside down with a round brush. This made my hair softer, stronger, sleeker, and even seemed thicker. I used all 3 packets and will be going to Sephora to buy a bottle. I already have LP Style Extender, which is awesome as well.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Absolutely hated this line. I have dark brown, highlighted hair that's mid-way down my back. I blowdry every 2-3 days and occasionally use a flat iron. I try to use sulfate- and silicone-free products to preserve my color and protect my hair, and had heard great things about the LP line.

I tried the Restore Shampoo and Conditioner, No Frizz Styling Creme and Weightless Spray, and Satin serum. I could tell that the shampoo and conditioner were drying out my hair while I was still in the shower -- I couldn't run my fingers through my hair at all. I used the three styling products when I got out of the shower, and started to blow dry. My hair felt like straw, and when I tried to add a little more of the Satin serum, it just felt like sticky straw. My ends looked completely fried and the cuticle just looks frizzy and not smooth at all.

I tried the shampoo, conditioner, and products 3 more times since I first purchased and tried them 2 weeks ago, and finally returned everything to Sephora today. In 2 weeks, I have not worn my hair down once because of how poofy and dry it looks. Not recommended!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is probably the worst product I have ever put in my hair. I have fine hair, so shine serums aren't typically my thing, but this was a free sample, and I figured it would smooth out my dry ends. I applied it to my ends after towel drying, then blow-dried with a round brush. My hair still looks wet. It seriously looks like I accidentally put butter in my hair or something. I have no choice but to pull it up in a bun. Yuck!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Received this as a sample from Sephora and really liked it. But I'm disappointed with the full size version I purchased a few weeks ago. The bottle is glass, which has its benefits and problems, but the packaging is awful. The bottle tipped over in my drawer the day I bought it and more than half of it leaked out, making a mess of everything (not to mention this is a pricey product and so much of it was wasted). It also tends to build up on my hair over time and doesn't make it feel particularly smooth, just oily, even when I use a tiny amount. It smells great though and I hope it works better for others!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I was excited to try this because it has no oils or silicones. I got a sample from Sephora, and followed directions exactly. After drying my hair I was surprised to see that the sides near my face looked so oily that I had to shampoo it out. It did hold style nicely, but I don't like the oily look. I notice that it's flammable too.