Living Proof Satin Hair Serum

Filtered by eye Color : Brown

3.2

Isododecane, neopentyl glycol diheptanoate, C12-15 alkyl benzoate, isoamyl laurate, diheptyl succinate, ethylene/propylene/styrene copolymer, octafluoropentyl methacrylate (OFPMA), PPG-3 benzyl ether ethylhexanoate, PEG/PPG/polybutylene glycol-8/5/3 glycerin, bis-ethyl (isostearylimidazoline) isostearamide, phytosteryl sunflowerseedate, hydrogenated vegetable glycerides, capryloyl glycerin/sebacic acid copolymer, dilinoleic acid/propanediol copolymer, butylene/ethylene/styrene copolymer, fragrance, citronellol, linalool, butylphenyl methylpropional, citral, limonene, coumarin, geraniol.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

So I bought this on a whim at Space NK as I had a money-off voucher. Then I read the terrible reviews on here & felt very apprehensive! But I can honestly say this is the best hair serum I have tried. My shoulder-length hair is thick and curly, I got sick of having to use so much oil to tame it. I apply two pumps of this serum when blow drying from mid-way down my hair to the very ends. My hair ends are now transformed and touchably soft, and my blowdry holds well. I would say this product is best used on wet hair. When I tried this on dry hair it made no difference. Personally, I do not notice any strong scent. I would happily buy again at full price.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

There's nothing special about this product. It did what any other serum would do. It didn't work any magic on my hair. The only plus side is that it smells really good, but that's about it. I would not repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I received a 5ml sample of this from Sephora and would not purchase the full size. Overall, I'm unimpressed by the Living Proof line and believe it's made for a certain hair type only. If you have fair, caucasian hair (like the creator, Jennifer Aniston) then you may like this product and others in the line. But if your hair deviates from that type at all then probably look elsewhere.
This serum really did nothing except irritate me with it's strong overpowering scent that would never dissipate. I had to use a ton of the product to get any minimal result, and that's what I find with most of the styling products in the line. I combined this with a huge blob of prime style extender and then would have to add more of the serum every day as I styled etc. Which is typical for dry, coarse hair, you can add oil or a serum daily and never get greasy ;) But the smell bothered me the most, in addition to the sub-par performance.
The shining star in this line is the Amp, I love that stuff :)

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got a generous sample with my Sephora order and I like that it isn't greasy feeling at all and really helps take care of the unruly frizz I have. The recent weather of rain and wind had taken a toll on my normally behaving hair and I like to just put my hair in a low pony tail or bun to protect it from the elements. This fits the bill for being one of those products you can just leave in and go. Some areas I missed so I have to be careful with application as results were uneven ( some fuzzy areas, some frizz free). It has a nice and light scent and it provides great shine. I tried it on damp hair but will have to test it out on dry hair to see if it performs better. So far I like it. I need about three drops for my whole head. I'm thinking I should try the other products in the line as others suggested. This is my first time trying anything from Living Proof.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I had reviewed this awhile ago & I was not a fan. I recently decided to try this again. I'm not sure what changed, but I love it now. It fights frizz and makes my hair look beautiful! When used with the perfect day line my hair looks model worthy!! Amazing products so glad I changed my mind. I wish it was slightly cheaper & not in a glass bottle, but you only need a little bit so the bottle lasts awhile.

I am shocked to see any bad reviews for this product!

I think it is TERRIFIC smoothing serum and it's the only one I will use.

Like all Living Proof it works best with other Living Proof products.

If you have previously used silicone based products (dimethicone, etc.), then this serum will just sit on your hair.

The line is sulphate and silicone free - it does not really make sense to mix and match with suftate and silicone products.

I have fine wavy-curly hair, this product tames frizz, leaves it looking shiny and healthy and never weighs it down and rinses out with no issue.

Sure, I wish it were cheaper, but I LOVE it.

I thought this was terrible. Just made my hair feel sticky and weighed down. I have thick, wavy-texture, color-treated hair that I heat-style regularly. I like to use a serum on my damp hair before I blow dry it for some added smoothness and manageability.

This product just made my hair feel gross and unruly. The stickiness made it hard to work with.

Total product fail. And it's expensive too. Won't buy it again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I purchased this product after reading the reviews on Sephora.com. My hair is thick/coarse and I get the Keratin treatment every 3 months to smooth it out. I applied a tiny amt. of this product on my hand, rubbed them together and applied it to my hair from the bottom first working upwards. I then proceeded to blowdry my hair as usual. My hair looked the same as usual, maybe a little smoother, and I was happy with the product. Then.....the next day.... My hair was soooo greasy and gross. I had to wash it immediately after I woke up. I might consider giving it a second chance, but I used such a tiny bit the first time. I think I am going to return it. Too bad.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I love this product!! FIrst tried a sample- which I got maybe 2-3 uses out of- and had to purchase the full size. I don't like that it is in a glass bottle- I'd be afraid of dropping & breaking! It is pricey $29, but a little goes a long way. I have hair past my shoulders & start with 1 pump before blowdrying. I'll then use another pump after drying to keep the hair smooth & under control. It is the only product I've ever used that controls the frizz in hot, humid weather. It has a light scent, but it does not linger at all! I don't know what scent the other reviewers are smelling!!
A little goes a long way so start with a pump for at least shoulder length hair & then see if you need more. I love it!
I found the full size bottle along with 2 small travel size bottles thru QVC cheaper than Sephora.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have 2b thick relatively coarse color treated dry hair. I use one pump=1 drop for my hair which is above shoulder length. If your hair is thin fine or straight, this serum is too heavy for you. But for me, it has a "relaxing" effect on my hair. Pulls out the curl a bit and definitely made it smoother, less dry and damaged looking, and easy to blow out. I have not used it enough to test if it builds up or not. Will update.