Living Proof Satin Hair Serum

Filtered by hair type : Straight

2.5

Isododecane, neopentyl glycol diheptanoate, C12-15 alkyl benzoate, isoamyl laurate, diheptyl succinate, ethylene/propylene/styrene copolymer, octafluoropentyl methacrylate (OFPMA), PPG-3 benzyl ether ethylhexanoate, PEG/PPG/polybutylene glycol-8/5/3 glycerin, bis-ethyl (isostearylimidazoline) isostearamide, phytosteryl sunflowerseedate, hydrogenated vegetable glycerides, capryloyl glycerin/sebacic acid copolymer, dilinoleic acid/propanediol copolymer, butylene/ethylene/styrene copolymer, fragrance, citronellol, linalool, butylphenyl methylpropional, citral, limonene, coumarin, geraniol.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I am currently trying sample size of living proof products and got a small size of this in a kit.

Even though this product isn't for me I would say that it pretty much does what it claims to do (add softeness, shine and reducing frizz). However there are far better products from living proof (and some traditional silicone products) that does the same and are more adapted to my hair. I also used this after living proof shampoo and conditioner and didn't put any silicone or oil in my hair to give it a fair trial.

The problems with this serum is that it's quite hard to dose because of the thick texture and it can make my straight hair look a bit piecey. The thick sticky texture makes it hard to spread through my hair. I have to put my head upside down and spread the serum between my palms and "sandwich" sections of my hair between my hands to actually spread the product on my hair and not keep it on my hands.To me the serum reminds me and acts like very fancy perfumy glycerin. This product does not feel like an improvement over traditional oils like jojoba or coconut or traditional silicone based serums.

So far from what I tested from living proof this is one of the only product that I wouldn't recommend to someone. The real stars of the living proof line are they different lines of styling creams and their texture products that I will review later after proper testing.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

There's nothing special about this product. It did what any other serum would do. It didn't work any magic on my hair. The only plus side is that it smells really good, but that's about it. I would not repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I had reviewed this awhile ago & I was not a fan. I recently decided to try this again. I'm not sure what changed, but I love it now. It fights frizz and makes my hair look beautiful! When used with the perfect day line my hair looks model worthy!! Amazing products so glad I changed my mind. I wish it was slightly cheaper & not in a glass bottle, but you only need a little bit so the bottle lasts awhile.

I had to change my rating for this serum. I originally hated this, returned this, and then randomly bought it again a few weeks ago and HOLY MOLY I'm in love with it now!
It takes a few minutes to soak in, I feel, when I apply it to dry hair. I usually don't put it on wet hair before I dry it, i usually just put it on dry hair when I know it's raining or extra humid ( I live in Southern Georgia for school). This really does fight frizz- my hair doesn't frizz AT ALL with this ( and I do use all Living Proof products so I feel that probably helps as well). I had a sample packet of this that I gave my sister and holy crap, her hair was flawless- and it was pouring rain all day!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is probably the worst product I have ever put in my hair. I have fine hair, so shine serums aren't typically my thing, but this was a free sample, and I figured it would smooth out my dry ends. I applied it to my ends after towel drying, then blow-dried with a round brush. My hair still looks wet. It seriously looks like I accidentally put butter in my hair or something. I have no choice but to pull it up in a bun. Yuck!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Received this as a sample from Sephora and really liked it. But I'm disappointed with the full size version I purchased a few weeks ago. The bottle is glass, which has its benefits and problems, but the packaging is awful. The bottle tipped over in my drawer the day I bought it and more than half of it leaked out, making a mess of everything (not to mention this is a pricey product and so much of it was wasted). It also tends to build up on my hair over time and doesn't make it feel particularly smooth, just oily, even when I use a tiny amount. It smells great though and I hope it works better for others!