Living Proof Satin Hair Serum

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone

3.4

Isododecane, neopentyl glycol diheptanoate, C12-15 alkyl benzoate, isoamyl laurate, diheptyl succinate, ethylene/propylene/styrene copolymer, octafluoropentyl methacrylate (OFPMA), PPG-3 benzyl ether ethylhexanoate, PEG/PPG/polybutylene glycol-8/5/3 glycerin, bis-ethyl (isostearylimidazoline) isostearamide, phytosteryl sunflowerseedate, hydrogenated vegetable glycerides, capryloyl glycerin/sebacic acid copolymer, dilinoleic acid/propanediol copolymer, butylene/ethylene/styrene copolymer, fragrance, citronellol, linalool, butylphenyl methylpropional, citral, limonene, coumarin, geraniol.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am a Living Proof fan and this product is no exception. I love the PHD 5 in 1 styling cream for when I straighten my thick, wavy hair. But I don't like it when I wear my hair natural. It left my waves really flat. I wanted something to combat frizz and humidity when I wore my hair wavy, and this works beautifully! It doesn't get rid of my frizz 100% but it definitely improves it. I just put a few pumps in and style as normal with my curly hair products, and I get a much better result. I also feel the more I use it, the better it works. Definitely buying this again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I had reviewed this awhile ago & I was not a fan. I recently decided to try this again. I'm not sure what changed, but I love it now. It fights frizz and makes my hair look beautiful! When used with the perfect day line my hair looks model worthy!! Amazing products so glad I changed my mind. I wish it was slightly cheaper & not in a glass bottle, but you only need a little bit so the bottle lasts awhile.

I use keratin treatment for my hair; so I try to avoid silicones to prevent buildup. This product fulfills that need. I have had no issues with this being too greasy, and I have not had the rebound effect of frizzier hair the next day that I have gotten with other serums. This serum adds just that extra touch of silk and shine I need as my keratin wears off. Fantastic product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I purchased this product after reading the reviews on Sephora.com. My hair is thick/coarse and I get the Keratin treatment every 3 months to smooth it out. I applied a tiny amt. of this product on my hand, rubbed them together and applied it to my hair from the bottom first working upwards. I then proceeded to blowdry my hair as usual. My hair looked the same as usual, maybe a little smoother, and I was happy with the product. Then.....the next day.... My hair was soooo greasy and gross. I had to wash it immediately after I woke up. I might consider giving it a second chance, but I used such a tiny bit the first time. I think I am going to return it. Too bad.

So I, too, received this as a sample from Sephora. Read that they were passing them out in a magazine so I figured I would try it. The SA gave me two decent sized samples with at least 10 uses in each.

About my hair- wavy that I typically scrunch in the summer, flat iron during the school year. I have been using Moroccan Oil and Aveda Smooth Infusion (separately). Aveda, I ran out and haven't repurchased because I'm trying to finish up lots of other things before rebuying. Anyways, I usually struggle with my hair being too moisturized or greasy.

So far I have used it twice and I have been less than thrilled. I'm not sure exactly what it is supposed to do. My hair doesn't feel greasy at all and I could probably go three days between washes rather than daily to almost two days. The first time I used it my hair stayed straight for a long time- rather than kinking up. Today, I used two pumps, maybe even three- but I wish I would have sectioned it and spread it like the video on Living Proof's website did. I did apply this to very damp hair.

I would receive another sample of this but I don't know that I would spend the money. Like I said earlier, I do use high end products but they have to wow me. But, I like that it doesn't leave my hair greasy at all.

I just went back and reread the add on the website and I don't think it cut my styling time down at all. I was also reading on the website that it's more ideal for coarse hair. I believe my hair is very fine but thick. I didn't notice an overwelming smell.