Living Proof Satin Hair Serum

3.0

Isododecane, neopentyl glycol diheptanoate, C12-15 alkyl benzoate, isoamyl laurate, diheptyl succinate, ethylene/propylene/styrene copolymer, octafluoropentyl methacrylate (OFPMA), PPG-3 benzyl ether ethylhexanoate, PEG/PPG/polybutylene glycol-8/5/3 glycerin, bis-ethyl (isostearylimidazoline) isostearamide, phytosteryl sunflowerseedate, hydrogenated vegetable glycerides, capryloyl glycerin/sebacic acid copolymer, dilinoleic acid/propanediol copolymer, butylene/ethylene/styrene copolymer, fragrance, citronellol, linalool, butylphenyl methylpropional, citral, limonene, coumarin, geraniol.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I love this product!! FIrst tried a sample- which I got maybe 2-3 uses out of- and had to purchase the full size. I don't like that it is in a glass bottle- I'd be afraid of dropping & breaking! It is pricey $29, but a little goes a long way. I have hair past my shoulders & start with 1 pump before blowdrying. I'll then use another pump after drying to keep the hair smooth & under control. It is the only product I've ever used that controls the frizz in hot, humid weather. It has a light scent, but it does not linger at all! I don't know what scent the other reviewers are smelling!!
A little goes a long way so start with a pump for at least shoulder length hair & then see if you need more. I love it!
I found the full size bottle along with 2 small travel size bottles thru QVC cheaper than Sephora.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I received a 5ml sample of this from Sephora and would not purchase the full size. Overall, I'm unimpressed by the Living Proof line and believe it's made for a certain hair type only. If you have fair, caucasian hair (like the creator, Jennifer Aniston) then you may like this product and others in the line. But if your hair deviates from that type at all then probably look elsewhere.
This serum really did nothing except irritate me with it's strong overpowering scent that would never dissipate. I had to use a ton of the product to get any minimal result, and that's what I find with most of the styling products in the line. I combined this with a huge blob of prime style extender and then would have to add more of the serum every day as I styled etc. Which is typical for dry, coarse hair, you can add oil or a serum daily and never get greasy ;) But the smell bothered me the most, in addition to the sub-par performance.
The shining star in this line is the Amp, I love that stuff :)

I am shocked to see any bad reviews for this product!

I think it is TERRIFIC smoothing serum and it's the only one I will use.

Like all Living Proof it works best with other Living Proof products.

If you have previously used silicone based products (dimethicone, etc.), then this serum will just sit on your hair.

The line is sulphate and silicone free - it does not really make sense to mix and match with suftate and silicone products.

I have fine wavy-curly hair, this product tames frizz, leaves it looking shiny and healthy and never weighs it down and rinses out with no issue.

Sure, I wish it were cheaper, but I LOVE it.

I have thick slightly course hair that is past my shoulders. It has a slight wave to it and is easily straightened when I blow dry it. I use a tiny amount of this on the bottom half of my hair working up, but not applying it to the roots. I get amazing results. My hair is smooth and shiny, but not weighed down. I like that there are no silicones in this and it seems to wash out easily and I'm not getting build up. I've tried this with Living Proof Prime Style Extender and honestly, I like this better on it's own. I cannot stress enough how little an amount I need to achieve these results. The packaging is attractive and sleek and it's easy to get the amount you need from the pump. Packaging is glass so be careful if you have tile floors.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have 2b thick relatively coarse color treated dry hair. I use one pump=1 drop for my hair which is above shoulder length. If your hair is thin fine or straight, this serum is too heavy for you. But for me, it has a "relaxing" effect on my hair. Pulls out the curl a bit and definitely made it smoother, less dry and damaged looking, and easy to blow out. I have not used it enough to test if it builds up or not. Will update.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

The ONLY thing I like about this serum is the consistency reminds me of a dry oil. Dry oils are awesome because they are SUPER light yet moisturize deeply.

But that's about it when it comes to the list of pros. I definitely would not recommend this serum. Living Proof Satin Hair Serum is over priced and over hyped. It is not unique to the rest of hair serums available. You could spend half the amount this costs at Sally Beauty Supply and walk out with a better product.

Needless to say, the ingredient list is really lacking. Isododecane is the first listed, thus this will dry your hair out over time. Since this is masked by a hydrating appearance, you most likely wouldn't realize until the damage has been done to your hair. There is absolutely nothing that stands out in the ingredient list that would convince me this is a quality product for hair. And it shows.

Obviously I won't be repurchasing.

I thought this was terrible. Just made my hair feel sticky and weighed down. I have thick, wavy-texture, color-treated hair that I heat-style regularly. I like to use a serum on my damp hair before I blow dry it for some added smoothness and manageability.

This product just made my hair feel gross and unruly. The stickiness made it hard to work with.

Total product fail. And it's expensive too. Won't buy it again.

I'm shocked at the low ratings as this is easily the best serum I've found so far. Super light weight, never looks greasy or stringy and never weighs my hair down.

I have to say, there really is something to the OFPMA molecule repelling dirt. For years I used Ouidad's Shine Glaze, which is silicone based and had no problems. However, when I changed careers and started baking for a living I noticed that my hair needed shampooing whenever I used it. With this serum, my hair stays clean and full for 2-3 days.

A fantastic product for those of us with hair that cannot tolerate daily shampooing.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

So I bought this on a whim at Space NK as I had a money-off voucher. Then I read the terrible reviews on here & felt very apprehensive! But I can honestly say this is the best hair serum I have tried. My shoulder-length hair is thick and curly, I got sick of having to use so much oil to tame it. I apply two pumps of this serum when blow drying from mid-way down my hair to the very ends. My hair ends are now transformed and touchably soft, and my blowdry holds well. I would say this product is best used on wet hair. When I tried this on dry hair it made no difference. Personally, I do not notice any strong scent. I would happily buy again at full price.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am a Living Proof fan and this product is no exception. I love the PHD 5 in 1 styling cream for when I straighten my thick, wavy hair. But I don't like it when I wear my hair natural. It left my waves really flat. I wanted something to combat frizz and humidity when I wore my hair wavy, and this works beautifully! It doesn't get rid of my frizz 100% but it definitely improves it. I just put a few pumps in and style as normal with my curly hair products, and I get a much better result. I also feel the more I use it, the better it works. Definitely buying this again.