Living Proof Satin Hair Serum

Filtered by age: 36-43

2.8

Isododecane, neopentyl glycol diheptanoate, C12-15 alkyl benzoate, isoamyl laurate, diheptyl succinate, ethylene/propylene/styrene copolymer, octafluoropentyl methacrylate (OFPMA), PPG-3 benzyl ether ethylhexanoate, PEG/PPG/polybutylene glycol-8/5/3 glycerin, bis-ethyl (isostearylimidazoline) isostearamide, phytosteryl sunflowerseedate, hydrogenated vegetable glycerides, capryloyl glycerin/sebacic acid copolymer, dilinoleic acid/propanediol copolymer, butylene/ethylene/styrene copolymer, fragrance, citronellol, linalool, butylphenyl methylpropional, citral, limonene, coumarin, geraniol.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Received this as a sample from Sephora and really liked it. But I'm disappointed with the full size version I purchased a few weeks ago. The bottle is glass, which has its benefits and problems, but the packaging is awful. The bottle tipped over in my drawer the day I bought it and more than half of it leaked out, making a mess of everything (not to mention this is a pricey product and so much of it was wasted). It also tends to build up on my hair over time and doesn't make it feel particularly smooth, just oily, even when I use a tiny amount. It smells great though and I hope it works better for others!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I love this product!! FIrst tried a sample- which I got maybe 2-3 uses out of- and had to purchase the full size. I don't like that it is in a glass bottle- I'd be afraid of dropping & breaking! It is pricey $29, but a little goes a long way. I have hair past my shoulders & start with 1 pump before blowdrying. I'll then use another pump after drying to keep the hair smooth & under control. It is the only product I've ever used that controls the frizz in hot, humid weather. It has a light scent, but it does not linger at all! I don't know what scent the other reviewers are smelling!!
A little goes a long way so start with a pump for at least shoulder length hair & then see if you need more. I love it!
I found the full size bottle along with 2 small travel size bottles thru QVC cheaper than Sephora.

I'm shocked at the low ratings as this is easily the best serum I've found so far. Super light weight, never looks greasy or stringy and never weighs my hair down.

I have to say, there really is something to the OFPMA molecule repelling dirt. For years I used Ouidad's Shine Glaze, which is silicone based and had no problems. However, when I changed careers and started baking for a living I noticed that my hair needed shampooing whenever I used it. With this serum, my hair stays clean and full for 2-3 days.

A fantastic product for those of us with hair that cannot tolerate daily shampooing.

I thought this was terrible. Just made my hair feel sticky and weighed down. I have thick, wavy-texture, color-treated hair that I heat-style regularly. I like to use a serum on my damp hair before I blow dry it for some added smoothness and manageability.

This product just made my hair feel gross and unruly. The stickiness made it hard to work with.

Total product fail. And it's expensive too. Won't buy it again.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I received a 5ml sample of this from Sephora and would not purchase the full size. Overall, I'm unimpressed by the Living Proof line and believe it's made for a certain hair type only. If you have fair, caucasian hair (like the creator, Jennifer Aniston) then you may like this product and others in the line. But if your hair deviates from that type at all then probably look elsewhere.
This serum really did nothing except irritate me with it's strong overpowering scent that would never dissipate. I had to use a ton of the product to get any minimal result, and that's what I find with most of the styling products in the line. I combined this with a huge blob of prime style extender and then would have to add more of the serum every day as I styled etc. Which is typical for dry, coarse hair, you can add oil or a serum daily and never get greasy ;) But the smell bothered me the most, in addition to the sub-par performance.
The shining star in this line is the Amp, I love that stuff :)