Living Proof Satin Hair Serum

3.0

Isododecane, neopentyl glycol diheptanoate, C12-15 alkyl benzoate, isoamyl laurate, diheptyl succinate, ethylene/propylene/styrene copolymer, octafluoropentyl methacrylate (OFPMA), PPG-3 benzyl ether ethylhexanoate, PEG/PPG/polybutylene glycol-8/5/3 glycerin, bis-ethyl (isostearylimidazoline) isostearamide, phytosteryl sunflowerseedate, hydrogenated vegetable glycerides, capryloyl glycerin/sebacic acid copolymer, dilinoleic acid/propanediol copolymer, butylene/ethylene/styrene copolymer, fragrance, citronellol, linalool, butylphenyl methylpropional, citral, limonene, coumarin, geraniol.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I was excited to try this because it has no oils or silicones. I got a sample from Sephora, and followed directions exactly. After drying my hair I was surprised to see that the sides near my face looked so oily that I had to shampoo it out. It did hold style nicely, but I don't like the oily look. I notice that it's flammable too.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have 2b thick relatively coarse color treated dry hair. I use one pump=1 drop for my hair which is above shoulder length. If your hair is thin fine or straight, this serum is too heavy for you. But for me, it has a "relaxing" effect on my hair. Pulls out the curl a bit and definitely made it smoother, less dry and damaged looking, and easy to blow out. I have not used it enough to test if it builds up or not. Will update.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Received this as a sample from Sephora and really liked it. But I'm disappointed with the full size version I purchased a few weeks ago. The bottle is glass, which has its benefits and problems, but the packaging is awful. The bottle tipped over in my drawer the day I bought it and more than half of it leaked out, making a mess of everything (not to mention this is a pricey product and so much of it was wasted). It also tends to build up on my hair over time and doesn't make it feel particularly smooth, just oily, even when I use a tiny amount. It smells great though and I hope it works better for others!

So I, too, received this as a sample from Sephora. Read that they were passing them out in a magazine so I figured I would try it. The SA gave me two decent sized samples with at least 10 uses in each.

About my hair- wavy that I typically scrunch in the summer, flat iron during the school year. I have been using Moroccan Oil and Aveda Smooth Infusion (separately). Aveda, I ran out and haven't repurchased because I'm trying to finish up lots of other things before rebuying. Anyways, I usually struggle with my hair being too moisturized or greasy.

So far I have used it twice and I have been less than thrilled. I'm not sure exactly what it is supposed to do. My hair doesn't feel greasy at all and I could probably go three days between washes rather than daily to almost two days. The first time I used it my hair stayed straight for a long time- rather than kinking up. Today, I used two pumps, maybe even three- but I wish I would have sectioned it and spread it like the video on Living Proof's website did. I did apply this to very damp hair.

I would receive another sample of this but I don't know that I would spend the money. Like I said earlier, I do use high end products but they have to wow me. But, I like that it doesn't leave my hair greasy at all.

I just went back and reread the add on the website and I don't think it cut my styling time down at all. I was also reading on the website that it's more ideal for coarse hair. I believe my hair is very fine but thick. I didn't notice an overwelming smell.

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

Not sure what this is supposed to do for my hair, but it doesn't appear to do anything. I'm currently using a mini sample from Sephora that I picked up in-store after seeing the ad in Vogue. It's pretty strongly scented, and interestingly enough I like the scent as it comes out of the bottle, but not once it's applied to my hair where it develops into a cologne-like scent. You smell it throughout the day but it does dissipate a bit. I apply this to my ends only (dry hair) and it seems to smooth them a bit, but not appreciably so. I'll try this on wet hair next.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is probably the worst product I have ever put in my hair. I have fine hair, so shine serums aren't typically my thing, but this was a free sample, and I figured it would smooth out my dry ends. I applied it to my ends after towel drying, then blow-dried with a round brush. My hair still looks wet. It seriously looks like I accidentally put butter in my hair or something. I have no choice but to pull it up in a bun. Yuck!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Awful! This made my hair look greasy and did nothing for my frizz! I would never recommend this to anyone. Save yourself the trouble and don't get this product.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Absolutely hated this line. I have dark brown, highlighted hair that's mid-way down my back. I blowdry every 2-3 days and occasionally use a flat iron. I try to use sulfate- and silicone-free products to preserve my color and protect my hair, and had heard great things about the LP line.

I tried the Restore Shampoo and Conditioner, No Frizz Styling Creme and Weightless Spray, and Satin serum. I could tell that the shampoo and conditioner were drying out my hair while I was still in the shower -- I couldn't run my fingers through my hair at all. I used the three styling products when I got out of the shower, and started to blow dry. My hair felt like straw, and when I tried to add a little more of the Satin serum, it just felt like sticky straw. My ends looked completely fried and the cuticle just looks frizzy and not smooth at all.

I tried the shampoo, conditioner, and products 3 more times since I first purchased and tried them 2 weeks ago, and finally returned everything to Sephora today. In 2 weeks, I have not worn my hair down once because of how poofy and dry it looks. Not recommended!

I don't review many products, but I have to disagree with some opinions of this. I actually really liked it. I got a few packet samples from Sephora. I have long, fine, wavy, blonde hair. It's a bit frizzy and not as thick as I'd like. After washing with Wen, I always spitz It's a 10 Miracle Leave In for Blondes and comb it through. Then, I used 1/3 of a packet (a few drops) of this serum throughout my hair before blowdrying upside down with a round brush. This made my hair softer, stronger, sleeker, and even seemed thicker. I used all 3 packets and will be going to Sephora to buy a bottle. I already have LP Style Extender, which is awesome as well.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I love this product!! FIrst tried a sample- which I got maybe 2-3 uses out of- and had to purchase the full size. I don't like that it is in a glass bottle- I'd be afraid of dropping & breaking! It is pricey $29, but a little goes a long way. I have hair past my shoulders & start with 1 pump before blowdrying. I'll then use another pump after drying to keep the hair smooth & under control. It is the only product I've ever used that controls the frizz in hot, humid weather. It has a light scent, but it does not linger at all! I don't know what scent the other reviewers are smelling!!
A little goes a long way so start with a pump for at least shoulder length hair & then see if you need more. I love it!
I found the full size bottle along with 2 small travel size bottles thru QVC cheaper than Sephora.