Living Proof Satin Hair Serum

Filtered by age: 44-55

3.3

Isododecane, neopentyl glycol diheptanoate, C12-15 alkyl benzoate, isoamyl laurate, diheptyl succinate, ethylene/propylene/styrene copolymer, octafluoropentyl methacrylate (OFPMA), PPG-3 benzyl ether ethylhexanoate, PEG/PPG/polybutylene glycol-8/5/3 glycerin, bis-ethyl (isostearylimidazoline) isostearamide, phytosteryl sunflowerseedate, hydrogenated vegetable glycerides, capryloyl glycerin/sebacic acid copolymer, dilinoleic acid/propanediol copolymer, butylene/ethylene/styrene copolymer, fragrance, citronellol, linalool, butylphenyl methylpropional, citral, limonene, coumarin, geraniol.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used this serum after using PHD shampoo and conditioner and then the Prime Style Extender from roots to ends on clean, damp hair. I used two pumps of serum, concentrating mainly on the last two or three inches of my hair, where it tends to get fuzzy when I blow dry. I then used the new product Blowout, spraying it liberally all over and then combed everything through really well. I then blew dry on high heat and high speed until my hair was about 80% dry. Then I sectioned off the crown and sides and proceeded to use a medium round brush on the back using medium heat and medium speed. I noticed immediately that my hair was drying quite a bit faster than usual but the dryer is new (Babyliss Nano Titanium 2000 watt) and quite a bit hotter than my old one, but supposedly both the serum and Blowout are supposed to speed up drying time and so far so good. However, my hair wasn't coming out very smooth. I even hit it with the cool shot button to set the curl but it still was rather frizzy. I then did the same thing with both sides and then started on the crown, which I divided into three sections since it's the thickest part of my hair. After doing my entire head, the roots had volume but the ends were not smooth at all, despite the fact that I used the serum and I do think I was rather generous with it. I read other reviews that talked about how greasy it could be so I was really afraid to overdo it. My hair is medium both in texture and in thickness so maybe it could have used more. But it was like I hadn't used anything and Blowout certainly didn't make a difference at all. I get better results when I use the LP No Frizz styling spray by itself. Truthfully, I rarely blow dry for two reasons. It's time consuming and I hate getting all sweaty. I did get the new dryer for Christmas and this time it dried so unbelievably fast that I didn't break a sweat at all, I just wish my hair looked better. I usually air dry overnight and use a curling iron in the morning to create loose waves for a beachy look and I have to say I think it looks quite good. I get compliments all the time. I consider this experiment a fail. The serum is going back to Sephora as is Blowout. I'm a huge fan of the No Frizz styling spray which is my usual product and a HG for me, I've been using it for years. I also love the primer and PHD s/c but the serum and Blowout are fails for me. I guess you can't win them all. Save your money.

This product didn't do anything for me. I cannot I like it or don't like it. I just didn't see a difference with it on my hair. I love the Living Proof brand, but cannot determine why I need this product.

I am shocked to see any bad reviews for this product!

I think it is TERRIFIC smoothing serum and it's the only one I will use.

Like all Living Proof it works best with other Living Proof products.

If you have previously used silicone based products (dimethicone, etc.), then this serum will just sit on your hair.

The line is sulphate and silicone free - it does not really make sense to mix and match with suftate and silicone products.

I have fine wavy-curly hair, this product tames frizz, leaves it looking shiny and healthy and never weighs it down and rinses out with no issue.

Sure, I wish it were cheaper, but I LOVE it.

I use keratin treatment for my hair; so I try to avoid silicones to prevent buildup. This product fulfills that need. I have had no issues with this being too greasy, and I have not had the rebound effect of frizzier hair the next day that I have gotten with other serums. This serum adds just that extra touch of silk and shine I need as my keratin wears off. Fantastic product.

I have thick slightly course hair that is past my shoulders. It has a slight wave to it and is easily straightened when I blow dry it. I use a tiny amount of this on the bottom half of my hair working up, but not applying it to the roots. I get amazing results. My hair is smooth and shiny, but not weighed down. I like that there are no silicones in this and it seems to wash out easily and I'm not getting build up. I've tried this with Living Proof Prime Style Extender and honestly, I like this better on it's own. I cannot stress enough how little an amount I need to achieve these results. The packaging is attractive and sleek and it's easy to get the amount you need from the pump. Packaging is glass so be careful if you have tile floors.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I purchased this product after reading the reviews on Sephora.com. My hair is thick/coarse and I get the Keratin treatment every 3 months to smooth it out. I applied a tiny amt. of this product on my hand, rubbed them together and applied it to my hair from the bottom first working upwards. I then proceeded to blowdry my hair as usual. My hair looked the same as usual, maybe a little smoother, and I was happy with the product. Then.....the next day.... My hair was soooo greasy and gross. I had to wash it immediately after I woke up. I might consider giving it a second chance, but I used such a tiny bit the first time. I think I am going to return it. Too bad.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have 2b thick relatively coarse color treated dry hair. I use one pump=1 drop for my hair which is above shoulder length. If your hair is thin fine or straight, this serum is too heavy for you. But for me, it has a "relaxing" effect on my hair. Pulls out the curl a bit and definitely made it smoother, less dry and damaged looking, and easy to blow out. I have not used it enough to test if it builds up or not. Will update.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I was excited to try this because it has no oils or silicones. I got a sample from Sephora, and followed directions exactly. After drying my hair I was surprised to see that the sides near my face looked so oily that I had to shampoo it out. It did hold style nicely, but I don't like the oily look. I notice that it's flammable too.