Living Proof Satin Hair Serum

Filtered by age: 30-35

3.7

Isododecane, neopentyl glycol diheptanoate, C12-15 alkyl benzoate, isoamyl laurate, diheptyl succinate, ethylene/propylene/styrene copolymer, octafluoropentyl methacrylate (OFPMA), PPG-3 benzyl ether ethylhexanoate, PEG/PPG/polybutylene glycol-8/5/3 glycerin, bis-ethyl (isostearylimidazoline) isostearamide, phytosteryl sunflowerseedate, hydrogenated vegetable glycerides, capryloyl glycerin/sebacic acid copolymer, dilinoleic acid/propanediol copolymer, butylene/ethylene/styrene copolymer, fragrance, citronellol, linalool, butylphenyl methylpropional, citral, limonene, coumarin, geraniol.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I am currently trying sample size of living proof products and got a small size of this in a kit.

Even though this product isn't for me I would say that it pretty much does what it claims to do (add softeness, shine and reducing frizz). However there are far better products from living proof (and some traditional silicone products) that does the same and are more adapted to my hair. I also used this after living proof shampoo and conditioner and didn't put any silicone or oil in my hair to give it a fair trial.

The problems with this serum is that it's quite hard to dose because of the thick texture and it can make my straight hair look a bit piecey. The thick sticky texture makes it hard to spread through my hair. I have to put my head upside down and spread the serum between my palms and "sandwich" sections of my hair between my hands to actually spread the product on my hair and not keep it on my hands.To me the serum reminds me and acts like very fancy perfumy glycerin. This product does not feel like an improvement over traditional oils like jojoba or coconut or traditional silicone based serums.

So far from what I tested from living proof this is one of the only product that I wouldn't recommend to someone. The real stars of the living proof line are they different lines of styling creams and their texture products that I will review later after proper testing.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got a generous sample with my Sephora order and I like that it isn't greasy feeling at all and really helps take care of the unruly frizz I have. The recent weather of rain and wind had taken a toll on my normally behaving hair and I like to just put my hair in a low pony tail or bun to protect it from the elements. This fits the bill for being one of those products you can just leave in and go. Some areas I missed so I have to be careful with application as results were uneven ( some fuzzy areas, some frizz free). It has a nice and light scent and it provides great shine. I tried it on damp hair but will have to test it out on dry hair to see if it performs better. So far I like it. I need about three drops for my whole head. I'm thinking I should try the other products in the line as others suggested. This is my first time trying anything from Living Proof.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am a Living Proof fan and this product is no exception. I love the PHD 5 in 1 styling cream for when I straighten my thick, wavy hair. But I don't like it when I wear my hair natural. It left my waves really flat. I wanted something to combat frizz and humidity when I wore my hair wavy, and this works beautifully! It doesn't get rid of my frizz 100% but it definitely improves it. I just put a few pumps in and style as normal with my curly hair products, and I get a much better result. I also feel the more I use it, the better it works. Definitely buying this again.