Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream

Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream
Lemon Butter Cuticle CreamLemon Butter Cuticle CreamLemon cuticle butter

4.3

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

***NEW FORMULA: sweet almond oil, beeswax, lemon peel oil, cocoa seed butter, candelilla wax, tocopherol, sunflower seed oil, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, beta-carotene, canola oil, vegetable oil. ***ORIGINAL FORMULA: Sweet Almond Oil, Beeswax, Lemon Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol Vitamin E, Cocoa Butter, Candelilla Wax, Rosemary Extract, Beta Carotene

This is a nice enough cuticle cream. Not a must-have IMO or a saving grace, but nice enough and does the job. If I had severely dry or cracked cuticles, I don't think this product alone would be sufficient to treat that. For sure pair this with a hand cream, currently I'm using B&BW Eucalyptus Spearmint Hand Cream.

First, the packaging is really convenient and small enough to keep on your bedside table, in an office drawer, or in your purse's makeup bag. The sides can get greasy and slippery because the product rubs off after you finished applying. I have to use a cloth to grip the sides and twist off the cover.

Second, the product is nice enough like I said. With nightly application, my cuticles are no longer dry, cracked, or peeling. The skin around my nails are softened and moisturized and my nails are just lovely to look at after a mani. This cuticle cream softens hangnails a little but I still need to use a cuticle softener like Blue Cross once a week before the hangnails are pliable enough to be taken off with a cuticle pusher.

Third, the scent is so lovely! A very light lemony smell that I adore. Sometimes I find myself smelling my fingers like the Mary Katherine Gallagher character on Saturday Night Live :)

Last, a little bit goes a long way but I find that the product itself is unfortunately a bit greasy and takes probably 15-20 minutes to set in. Even after that, my fingers sometimes still feel uncomfortable to use 100%. I think this is the way it goes with any cuticle cream though.

on 11/24/2016 2:16:00 PM

This is the only product that actually softens my cuticles. I wash my hands frequently and in autumn and winter, my hands and cuticles get really dry. At worst, my cuticles are red and sore. The most annoying thing is hangnails, which are hard to get rid off. Hand creams heal my dry hands, but they don't work on my cuticles. However, Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream really nourishes cuticles and in time, gets rid off hangnails.

The formula is more like a wax than a cream, in my opinion. You need to rub the cream in the tin for a while, so that it starts to warm and melt a bit. Then I apply it to my nails. The scent of the product is delightful, it actually smells like real lemons. The best part of the product is that it doesn't make fingers greasy, so I can continue working.

Due to its small size, the tin is really travel friendly. My only complaint is related to packaging. The tin is sometimes really difficult to get open, which is why I took one lippie off. However, the product is really effective and I'll repurchase it when it runs out.

on 9/26/2016 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I can't live without this product.

Jkjk in all seriousness though, I do have very weak and brittle nails; they peel and crack like crazy, and tend to break at the lightest pressure. This baby fixed that up right quick though - I've been using it religiously for the past year and have noticed definite improvements. My nails are thicker, stronger, and 100% less prone to breakage. I've even managed to grow them past the tip of my finger, which hasn't happened for the longest time!

I apply the cream onto my nails whenever I get the urge to (so many times a day haha). It's a bit thick so you do have to wait for it to absorb, but it's really worth it. It also has a very light, fresh lemony scent that I adore. 10000% win!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

HG cuticle cream. Honestly I even use it for my whole hand. I've had overgrown cuticles for years and have to get frequent manicures. But, wow this product makes my natural nails look manicured for much longer. And keeps my cuticles at bay. Very impressed. Smells marvelous too!

on 8/26/2016 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

This is my HG product together with Nailtiques 2 Plus. Amazing results in less than a week of using them together. It's a bit expensive here in Denmark though.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is by far the best nail cream I've ever used. I have extremely weak nails and dry, brittle cuticles. My nails are weak to the point where layers of the nail peel and flake off easily on the tips and I never had to clip them because they'd just break at a certain length. Then a friend recommended this cream to me!

I've been using it twice daily for two months now, but I saw significant improvement in my nails after just a week. My nails are strong now: they never peel, I have to clip them and they don't bend at all when I press on them. My nail bed and cuticles have also stopped peeling and the nails themselves are much smoother and shinier, so I don't have to buff them anywhere near as often.

Unfortunately, it's a little pricey in Australia ($17 I think?) but if you get it on sale it's definitely worth it. The packaging can also be hard to get open sometimes, especially if your hands are wet or a little greasy from a moisturizer or something. Still

on 8/20/2016 10:12:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I use this product every single day. It is absolutely amazing!

I have had a problem with thin, brittle nails for a long time. My hands are often in water, whether doing dishes, bathing my toddler, or swimming, the water took a toll on my nails. I could never get them to grow as they would peel and break so easily. I tried so many different nail polishes that were supposed to "strengthen" my nails but to no avail...They just kept peeling.

After a few days of using Burt's Bees cuticle cream my nails look healthy. Honestly, they look amazing! They're strong and best of all they don't peel anymore! I am so glad that I purchased this product!

The smell isn't overpowering, it has a light, fresh lemon scent and it goes on easily. A little bit of product goes a long way, so your tin will last forever!

on 8/4/2016 10:17:00 PM

I decided to purchase this in the endless quest for lovely hands and nails. It really is a wonderful product but I feel it would be closer to a balm more than a cream. Because of the bees wax you will need to warm it up a little under your finger (no digging required) and you will certainly get enough to use for a cuticle or two.

It smells divine and is the perfect size for travelling around with. I use this in combination with my orly cuticle therapy crème and I am noticing that since using both of those and learning to live with my nail ridges and not buffing them anymore my nails and cuticles have improved out of sight. No hangnails, no flaking and heaps of growth. I would have to assume that regularly massaging the cuticles and improving the blood flow also helps.

It is pricey for the size here in Oz but if you look for it when it's on special then its much better. The thing that clinched it for me was being able to use a tester that Big W had available. I could smell it, feel it and not spend money if it wasn't what I wanted.

I would absolutely recommend this, even if its only to have in your bag for the times when you are out and about. Having so many natural ingredients in it makes it a must have for your nails health and happiness.

on 7/23/2016 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This product is not especially different than other cuticle butters or oils I have tried - but it's a great bog standard pick if you need something to moisturize extra dry cuticles. The skin around my fingernails often peels and gets red and sore (especially in the winter). I like to apply about a pea sized amount to both hands, and really take the time to massage it in. The lemon scent is amazing, and if you give it about five minutes this product soaks in well enough that you can continue to go about your day without fear of greasy hands. The texture is nice (although I've noticed it can get a bit melty in hot weather); it's thick but not so hard that you can't get a decent portion out. The little tin is very travel friendly - I keep this in my bag as I find it works better than a regular hand cream at treating very dry skin.

Probably I would repurchase - although I'd be willing to shop around and see if there are any cheaper alternatives. This one is worth checking out though! Definitely liked this version better than the lush alternative, which I found grainy and not as hydrating.

Smells great and it's does condition cuticles well but I really do I have a problem with products where you have to stick your fingers in the container. It's not hygenic, so really I would use this if I'm at home after washing my hands. I prefer oils in a bottle with a brush

Popular Treatments