Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream

Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream
Lemon Butter Cuticle CreamLemon Butter Cuticle CreamLemon cuticle butter

4.3

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

***NEW FORMULA: sweet almond oil, beeswax, lemon peel oil, cocoa seed butter, candelilla wax, tocopherol, sunflower seed oil, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, beta-carotene, canola oil, vegetable oil. ***ORIGINAL FORMULA: Sweet Almond Oil, Beeswax, Lemon Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol Vitamin E, Cocoa Butter, Candelilla Wax, Rosemary Extract, Beta Carotene

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

My real nail area problem is the eponychium (skin around the sides of the nail), which, for me, is chronically rough, dry, and jagged. Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream is the first thing I've tried that really softens my eponychia, and keeps them that way until I wash my hands. I like to use it while watching TV, shortly before bedtime, which gives it a chance to sink in overnight; it's particularly effective if I use lotion afterwards, which seems to seal in the moisture. I spend a good 30 seconds or more just rubbing it into each nail and the surrounding area, and I can feel the skin softening beneath my fingertips as I work. Smells great, just like fresh lemons.

It is hard to get out of the tin at room temperature, so, if I remember, I sit on it for a few minutes before using.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Original review: It's a good product, but not great.

Pros:
- love the smell and non-gritty texture;
- it fully absorbs in 10 minutes (way faster than Badger);
- I love the packaging, super cute, small, light and easy to open.

Cons:
- it takes much more time to apply a cuticle cream compare to oils that have nail polish like brush or cuticle care pens;
- it works great if I apply it twice daily. I have to apply significant amount and I have to make sure I rubbed it well into cuticles, that takes up to 5 minutes at least for both hands and feet, twice daily makes nearly 10 minutes a day spend on rubbing cream into the cuticles... I rather spend my time on something better than that.

Not sure I'll buy again, I prefer nail care pens.

UPDATE: Yet this is the best product I've used to keep my cuticles truly moisturized. It's the single one that softens the skin close to the sides of the nails. I also do not have to apply it twice a day anymore and do not have to rub too hard. I think once the condition of the skin has improved, it's not necessary to apply it more than once daily and to rub it too hard into the skin. I just spread it over and go to sleep. I don't think I'll buy it again though.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I like the convenience of this cuticle cream - the little tin is great for chucking in your purse and keeping it with you but I wouldn’t say it is the most hydrating or effective cuticle treatment I’ve used. As you would expect it smells like lemons and I suppose to call it “lemon butter” refers to the slightly oily finish it leaves but it is actually a very waxy product. If I have the time I use a cuticle oil made with almond oil which takes longer to absorb but is what my dry skin needs. I do like this product, just don’t love it. You could do worse but you could do a lot better too. It deserves a 3.5 lippies in my opinion.

This is the only Burts Bees product I LOVE. It’s $5.99 for a very generous sized tin. I use this almost daily before bed and my cuticle have never looked better. It’s really does moisturize. Yes, they are left a little oily before bed but it’s so worth it. If your looking for a really good cuticle cream this one is amazing.

on 10/29/2017 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HG cuticle cream. Very hydrating. Doesn't stay greasy for long. Sinks in completely.

on 9/28/2017 12:01:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have very dry hands from working in an ice rink most of the day. I use this at night and whenever I feel I need it during the day. It smells really lemony which isn't bad. When I use it at night I try to make sure I don't have to touch anything because when you dies apply it, it is a tad greasy (I read at night and my books ended up smelling lemony!) But, I do love it and my cuticles look great so I will repurchase it and share with friends!

on 9/12/2017 8:57:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is a really nice cuticle cream...it does what it's supposed to. I use just a small amount and massage it in, and my fingertips and cuticles are very moisturized and soft. A little really does go a long way.
I don't find it to be greasy at all.
It smells lovely.
I don't love the tin that it comes in; I would love a tube with a snap top, but I think the product is too solid for that. But this tin is a nice size...small and portable.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

While this isn't my favorite cuticle treatment out there, it is nice enough and I have repurchased it many times over the years. It is very waxy, but it warms up nicely and feels good on the cuticles. I think it could probably be more moisturizing, but it does a decent enough job. It is nice that the product is fairly easy to find in most drug stores, is affordable, smells like lemons, and is cruelty-free. I don't love the packaging, as the newer flat-sided tin can be a pain to open sometimes, but it still looks pretty cute like most Burt's Bees products.

My favourite!!!! Honestly nothing more I can say. Its all natural, smells amazing and works better than anything!

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This is just ok. It is more of an ointment than a cream. Smells like natural lemon essential oil. Temporarily moisturizes cuticles. I would just rather massage in jojoba oil into my nails at night, which I think works better.

Popular Treatments