Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream

Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream
Lemon Butter Cuticle CreamLemon Butter Cuticle CreamLemon cuticle butter

4.2

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

***NEW FORMULA: sweet almond oil, beeswax, lemon peel oil, cocoa seed butter, candelilla wax, tocopherol, sunflower seed oil, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, beta-carotene, canola oil, vegetable oil. ***ORIGINAL FORMULA: Sweet Almond Oil, Beeswax, Lemon Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol Vitamin E, Cocoa Butter, Candelilla Wax, Rosemary Extract, Beta Carotene

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This is just ok. It is more of an ointment than a cream. Smells like natural lemon essential oil. Temporarily moisturizes cuticles. I would just rather massage in jojoba oil into my nails at night, which I think works better.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I tried this after using the Badger Cuticle Care. This cream made my cuticles appear more polished, but that is it. The skin around my thumbs became hard and dry after using this, so I've switched back to Badger, which is more moisturizing. Badger feels better for my lips & hands as well.

The tin is difficult to open, Badger's tin is better constructed.

on 2/18/2017 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

So I have fairly long natural nails and I manicure them. In the Netherlands it gets really cold in the winter, so my cuticles are always dry. I have been looking for something to hydrate them so that they don't tear. I looking on youtube on some reviews about this badboy and decided to give it a try. First I wanted to get the mini packaging, because for a cuticle cream its pretty expensive, but I could only find the fullsized one so I took the risk. Its like an lemony heaven in a jar. Its moisturise and heals the cuticles and also smells nice. I would recommend it to everyone. It's a natural product and you won't get a break out. I have really sensitive skin and it doesnt damage it further.

This is a nice enough cuticle cream. Not a must-have IMO or a saving grace, but nice enough and does the job. If I had severely dry or cracked cuticles, I don't think this product alone would be sufficient to treat that. For sure pair this with a hand cream, currently I'm using B&BW Eucalyptus Spearmint Hand Cream.

First, the packaging is really convenient and small enough to keep on your bedside table, in an office drawer, or in your purse's makeup bag. The sides can get greasy and slippery because the product rubs off after you finished applying. I have to use a cloth to grip the sides and twist off the cover.

Second, the product is nice enough like I said. With nightly application, my cuticles are no longer dry, cracked, or peeling. The skin around my nails are softened and moisturized and my nails are just lovely to look at after a mani. This cuticle cream softens hangnails a little but I still need to use a cuticle softener like Blue Cross once a week before the hangnails are pliable enough to be taken off with a cuticle pusher.

Third, the scent is so lovely! A very light lemony smell that I adore. Sometimes I find myself smelling my fingers like the Mary Katherine Gallagher character on Saturday Night Live :)

Last, a little bit goes a long way but I find that the product itself is unfortunately a bit greasy and takes probably 15-20 minutes to set in. Even after that, my fingers sometimes still feel uncomfortable to use 100%. I think this is the way it goes with any cuticle cream though.

on 11/24/2016 2:16:00 PM

This is the only product that actually softens my cuticles. I wash my hands frequently and in autumn and winter, my hands and cuticles get really dry. At worst, my cuticles are red and sore. The most annoying thing is hangnails, which are hard to get rid off. Hand creams heal my dry hands, but they don't work on my cuticles. However, Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream really nourishes cuticles and in time, gets rid off hangnails.

The formula is more like a wax than a cream, in my opinion. You need to rub the cream in the tin for a while, so that it starts to warm and melt a bit. Then I apply it to my nails. The scent of the product is delightful, it actually smells like real lemons. The best part of the product is that it doesn't make fingers greasy, so I can continue working.

Due to its small size, the tin is really travel friendly. My only complaint is related to packaging. The tin is sometimes really difficult to get open, which is why I took one lippie off. However, the product is really effective and I'll repurchase it when it runs out.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Love this stuff! It works quickly and makes my nails look amazing immediately. Smells great as well

on 9/26/2016 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I can't live without this product.

Jkjk in all seriousness though, I do have very weak and brittle nails; they peel and crack like crazy, and tend to break at the lightest pressure. This baby fixed that up right quick though - I've been using it religiously for the past year and have noticed definite improvements. My nails are thicker, stronger, and 100% less prone to breakage. I've even managed to grow them past the tip of my finger, which hasn't happened for the longest time!

I apply the cream onto my nails whenever I get the urge to (so many times a day haha). It's a bit thick so you do have to wait for it to absorb, but it's really worth it. It also has a very light, fresh lemony scent that I adore. 10000% win!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

HG cuticle cream. Honestly I even use it for my whole hand. I've had overgrown cuticles for years and have to get frequent manicures. But, wow this product makes my natural nails look manicured for much longer. And keeps my cuticles at bay. Very impressed. Smells marvelous too!

on 8/26/2016 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

This is my HG product together with Nailtiques 2 Plus. Amazing results in less than a week of using them together. It's a bit expensive here in Denmark though.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is by far the best nail cream I've ever used. I have extremely weak nails and dry, brittle cuticles. My nails are weak to the point where layers of the nail peel and flake off easily on the tips and I never had to clip them because they'd just break at a certain length. Then a friend recommended this cream to me!

I've been using it twice daily for two months now, but I saw significant improvement in my nails after just a week. My nails are strong now: they never peel, I have to clip them and they don't bend at all when I press on them. My nail bed and cuticles have also stopped peeling and the nails themselves are much smoother and shinier, so I don't have to buff them anywhere near as often.

Unfortunately, it's a little pricey in Australia ($17 I think?) but if you get it on sale it's definitely worth it. The packaging can also be hard to get open sometimes, especially if your hands are wet or a little greasy from a moisturizer or something. Still

Popular Treatments