Maybelline Baby Lips -Strike A Rose

Maybelline Baby Lips -Strike A Rose
Baby Lips -Strike A Rose

4.4

Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm ingredientsActive Ingredients: Octinoxate (7.5), Octisalate (3).Polybutene, Octyldodecanol, Isopropyl Myristate, Petrolatum, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Polyethylene, Ozokerite, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter / Shea Butter, Diisostearyl Malate, Candelilla Cera / Candelilla Wax / Cire De Candelilla, Vp/Hexadecene Copolymer, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Parfum / Fragrance, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Aroma / Flavor, Silica, Isopropyl Palmitate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Limonene, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Benzyl Benzoate, Centella Asiatica Extract, Aluminum Hydroxide, Citral, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Tin Oxide, Geraniol, Eugenol, Aloe Barbadensis Extract / Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Mel / Honey / Miel, Calcium Pantothenate, Ascorbic Acid, Dimethicone, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Atelocollagen. May Contain: CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, MICA, CI 45410 / Red 28 Lake, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 15850 / Red 7, CI 45380 / Red 22 Lake, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake. CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 15985 / Yellow 6 Lake, CI 75470 / Carmine].

on 12/22/2016 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The two things i consider when buying myself a lip balm is that it should
moisturize your lips
give a light color
This lip balm has been my favorite lip balm . It gives you a bight pink hot color to your lips and also moisturizes them . I always use this lip balm as an alternative for a lipstick or a lip-gloss . the other thing i love about this lip balm is the sweet smell . At times I almost feel like eating it . The moister and color sometimes does go away after i had my meal which does not bother me because I can apply it again . Before I go to sleep I also apply this lip balm and surprisingly my lips feel a lot moisturized and the lip balm is physically there . For people who have a darker complexion this lip balm would look specially beautiful on your lips. I know this because my friend has a dark complexion and she had to borrow some of my lip balm and the pink really stood out . It looked really pretty on her. The product felt very soothing on my lips lips . However I would not by this again because black spots started to appear on my mouth and my lip felt very irriitated after a while

on 12/27/2015 7:25:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Smooth lip balm, great bright colour, smells great.
A must have for any makeup bag!!!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have been using Maybelline Baby Lips for over a year now. I currently have 7 different shades. That's how much I love these Baby Lips. Before Baby Lips, I used the traditional chap stick and what not, but I noticed people purchasing Baby Lips, Eos, Burt's Bees, etc. I decided to try Baby Lips and I fell in love. Not only did my lips become suckle and sweet, the tint allows for me not to worry about putting an extra layer of lipstick. It's everything that I ever wanted in a lip balm.

on 4/29/2015 2:08:00 PM

Great lip balm, must have!

on 2/28/2015 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

I was a little nervous about trying this, I'm very sensitive (note that I have NOT gotten the "medicated" versions, I'm sure those would not work for me). But I got a really great deal at Big Lots and went for it. I now have several colors, Strike a Rose being the only one with significant color. It's a very pretty bright but translucent rose, I can see it being good for most.

For those complaining about the color payoff, THIS IS A LIP BALM...not a lipstick. Says that on the package. When I'm running out the door with no makeup or just a dash, this is what I grab. I just don't look good with real lipstick and no other makeup, but I'm sure many of you can relate that I can't stand having "naked" lips. Most of these, you don't need to look in a mirror to apply. Doesn't last real long; once again, it's a lip balm.

Note for those who are sensitive: I steer clear of the minty or flavored or medicated or SPF versions, and have had no issues. (When Outlast first came out, it took 3 weeks for my lips to recover from 1 hour...)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is the first Baby Lips product I have tried, and I'm unimpressed. Strike A Rose is a sheer pink with a touchnof coral--like a hot pink coral. But since it is quite sheer I find I have to apply several swipes to detect a significant color change, yet when built up the texture appears cheap. It does feel moisturizing and is quite slippery--so slippery, in fact, that since I had to apply several times it migrated almost instantly past my lip line. Personally I would need liner to keep this in place, and I rarely use liner. The taste is slightly fruity but in a fake, plasticy sort of way if that makes sense. I have tried it a few times, and I get the same results each time. Overall I am not opposed to trying the line again. It's cheap and moisturizing. However this is one shade that just doesn't work for me. For reference, NW10 with pigmented lips.

on 10/11/2014 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

SHADE DESCRIPTION: sheer pink

PROS

- moisturizing
- scent

CONS

- sheer

COMMENTS: Eh...there isn't enough color to this for me to justify purchasing it again. It doesn't do much, but I do like the texture of these. I find it to be fairly moisturizing, but will stick to my regular lip balms instead.

Will not repurchase.

on 7/20/2014 1:34:00 PM

I love red lipsticks but lately Ive been searching for something more subtle for everyday and now I have it :D even is more pinkish left an amazing alive color at my lips and fell very good.

The tint last for hours even you cant fell the same glossy silky efect

on 7/1/2014 1:59:00 AM

I have it in red, pink, and orange. Overall, I am very satisfy with this product as a university student. Its cheap, looks good, and hydrates.
The colour is very nice. Its sheer. I find it if you have darker lips it won't show as well (i.e Indians, Africans, etc.). I have friends from this ethnicity that aren't too impress with the colour payoff.
Anyways, it feels nice and light, lovely light fragrant. Not overpowering at all. I love to use this overtop my lipstick/lipstain. I love to apply it overnight as well. Leaves your lips nice and soft the next day! I use it throughout the day to keep my lips hydrated and my whole face looking fresh.
The only thing I don't like is the packaging.... It's too clunky for me. But no big deal. Buy it you want a lovely hydrating sheer lippie!

on 5/27/2014 4:49:00 PM

I am pretty picky about the texture of lip balm. I generally prefer non-sticky Vaseline type balm. Baby lips feels amazing and the colour is a very pretty sheer hot pink. It is not overpowering at all. I gave it a 4/5 because it does fade very quickly and disappears within 10 minutes after using it!

Popular Lips Products