Pixi Glow Tonic

Pixi Glow Tonic
PIXI glow tonic

3.8

Ingredients: Deionized water, Aloe Vera, Witch Hazel, Horse Chestnut Extracts, Propylene Glycol, Glycolic Acid and Ammonium Glycolate, Hexylene Glycol, Glucose, Fructose, Sucrose, Urea Dextrin, Alanine, Glutamic Acid, Hexylnicotinate, Ginseng Extract, Potassium Alum, Diazolidinyl Urea, Biotin, pixi Natural Fragrant Oil. Active ingredients: Glycolic Acid-5%, partially neutralized by Ammonium Hydroxide.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this toner, even the odd scent that some people mention. I can't use this every day because it contains exfoliants and made my skin irritated. I stopped using it maybe a week ago, but I plan to use it everyday 3 it 4 days going forward. The best thing about it is the great thing about all toners, which is that they make the skin feel so clean and refreshed. With the glycolic acid, it makes the skin feel extra smooth as well. Thinking about it, I think the scent is a major good part about this, but I can see some people not liking it. I also just like Pixi as a brand.

on 5/17/2018 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I used pads version of this toner. And...I have to say i did nothing. It`s soooooo heavily fragranced, and when you mix it with with glycolic acid in this, you get a very irritating combination. I had acne for months, and I tried just about everything to fix it, and you know I thought that this would maybe help to exfoliate some of that dead skin sells.... But it did NOTHING. My face would be red, and my acne scars would show up even more with this product. I stoped using it since I did not see the point anymore. My skin is now so much better, with the good skincare ingredients- without the parfumed nonsense.

on 5/8/2018 6:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I'm on my third bottle and continue to keep this in my skin care arsenal. While there are benefits, Pixi Glow Tonic is by no means a miracle product. On its own, I can't attest to its ability to create significant, visible changes to my skin texture. I like to pair it with other products in order to decongest my skin. For example, as a weekly drugstore treatment regimen, I use cellulose sponges (physical exfoliant) with Neutrogena cream cleanser (salicylic acid/BHA exfoliant), and then layer Pixi Glow Tonic (glycolic acid/AHA exfoliant) before my moisturizer. Altogether, these steps help to clear my closed comedones and smoothen my skin overnight. In terms of scent, it's chemicals with added fragrance. I don't experience break outs or allergic reactions to this product. But overuse of any chemical exfoliant can lead to adverse results, especially for those with sensitive skin.

on 4/30/2018 4:19:00 PM

This did nothing for me. Zero, no difference; on the plus side, I didn’t find it irritated my skin as it has some other reviewers but it also didn’t do anything positive. I went back to a BHA exfoliating liquid (Paula’s Choice).

on 4/29/2018 6:46:00 PM

Honestly, I had high expectations. I wanted something that would improve my skin texture, something that would clear up my acne prone skin and from the rave reviews I expected such. Whether I need months upon months, or continue repurchasing in hopes that one day this will work I don't think my impatient self will. It simply does nothing but slightly dry my skin out. Gosh, I really wanted this to work, to do something... but alas it seemed to be another step in my skin routine that with or without it, made no real difference.

on 4/23/2018 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I’ve only had this a couple of days and I’m not usually one for premature reviews so I will edit if anything changes, but...
Looked at my skin this morning and I swear the blackheads on my nose are already less noticeable, haven’t noticed any ‘glow’ to my skin yet, but defo an improvement in the pores.
I am super skeptical when it comes to cult products and always air on the critical side so I’m very pleasantly surprised with the results I’ve had so far! =D

*Tip: This might be too harsh on sensitive skin, it left my chin a tad dry/scaly which is my only sensitive area, so if you’re very sensitive this might not be for you Xx

on 4/12/2018 8:29:00 AM

India Knight raved about this tonic in the (UK) Sunday Times. Beauty reviews by women of my generation are not exactly plentiful, and I rate her views highly, so I had to try it. The tonic is really excellent, although I would only use it a couple of days a week as sometimes it can feel a little bit too astringent. However, whenever I have run out, my skin has become a little duller. A little more tired. So I grab some Pixi Glow Tonic and within a couple of days my skin is much clearer, fresher and brighter. It has the same effect for me as an expensive face mask. The packaging is nice and retro, and it is less expensive than my usual Clarins Extra Comfort toner, which I use to alternate with this one. The Pixi has more effect, but I like the gentleness of Clarins. Just the right balance.

on 4/7/2018 12:01:00 PM

I see alot of reviews where it os mentionned as being too harsh on skin . Basically this is not a regular toner since it has glycolic acid as an active ingredient, which means it renews your skin. That’s why it is really important to put sunscreen when using it, see it like your having new skin that’s seeing light for the first time, you want it to be protected, right? The reaction can be bad and bumpy skin could be a reaction so be carefull. I would not use twice a day either, night time preferably since you have no sunlight. If you get pimples at first well thats the dirt coming out. I know an overnight clearing mask worked when I have pimples peaking through! So basically, yes that’s a great product!

on 4/7/2018 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I really wanted to love this product but it was way to harsh for my skin. I usually don’t have any problems with products so I was very confused when I started getting little red bumps on my forehead. I used it in the evening and in the morning they were there! I thought it was another product so I continued to use it for 3 days and it spread the spots to my temple and cheeks.

on 4/6/2018 6:32:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I'm on my third bottle - I like this toner. However, it's not a magical potion that has drastically changed my skin, but a nice toner that doesn't dry out my sensitive, combo skin. It doesn't make my skin glow (I have other products for that), but I like the fact that it exfoliates a little and feels moisturising. I haven't found anything that I like more, so I will continue to use it.