Pixi Glow Tonic

Pixi Glow Tonic
PIXI glow tonic

3.7

Ingredients: Deionized water, Aloe Vera, Witch Hazel, Horse Chestnut Extracts, Propylene Glycol, Glycolic Acid and Ammonium Glycolate, Hexylene Glycol, Glucose, Fructose, Sucrose, Urea Dextrin, Alanine, Glutamic Acid, Hexylnicotinate, Ginseng Extract, Potassium Alum, Diazolidinyl Urea, Biotin, pixi Natural Fragrant Oil. Active ingredients: Glycolic Acid-5%, partially neutralized by Ammonium Hydroxide.

on 10/10/2018 4:45:00 AM

I have oily-combo skin that is prone to breakouts, rough skin and flesh coloured bumps on my forehead. I used this toner months back to try and have fallen in love with how clear and soft my face has become after just a few weeks of using it. My heart broke when it spilled in my baggage on an overseas trip and then a few days after, my Missha Time Revolution The First Treatment broke too. I felt that these two worked wonders together on my skin and after that due to my brokeness I didn't repurchase either.
Now, finally with some funds I decided to get both again and my skin has never been better. My skin is soft and plump, and really the softest that it has been for months. I would say that it is the combo that I have worked out for my skincare routine, but the presence of the toner makes a HUGE difference and it is very notable. Before switching back to this Glow Tonic I was using Innisfree's green tea toner which IMO isn't bad but didn't do as much as this did.

My current skincare routine consists of:
-Fresh Soy Face Cleanser
-PIXI Glow Tonic
-For Beloved One Flawless Brightening Ethyl Ascorbic Acid Essence
-Fresh Peony Brightening Moisture Face Cream (night/or if necessary)

I'm taking 1 point off as it may be good, but not a miracle worker as many might tout. I'm willing to spend money on it but I'm sure there might be something better. :)

I'd sworn off glycolic acid for my dehydrated skin because I found it too irritating (including the Pixi glycolic serum which I HATED because it left my skin itchy). However I received a sample of glow tonic and I'm glad I gave it a try. No irritation or dryness and it has seriously reduced the number of closed comedones on my forehead! I don't like the rose scent, but it dissipates quickly at least. I apply with a cotton pad. It tingles very slightly on application. We'll see how it fares against winter skin flakiness but for this time of year this product gets too marks from me.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Yes I totally agree - this toner isn't for everyone, especially those who don't tolerate AHA's well. For most other skin types though this is good stuff. It's natural, alcohol-free, has beneficial ingredients in it and it works! Alongside removing any last traces of my makeup and prepping my skin for my night serum, it exfoliates due to the 5% Glycolic acid content, leaving my face looking clearer, more radiant and smoother. No breakouts, if anything it helps clear any hormonal acne faster than it would on its own. It also helps keeps my pores clear. For a toner this is pretty much an all-rounder, just be sure to use SPF during the day. Personally I don't use it during the morning as instructed, only on a night. Have tried on mornings too but didn't see any additional benefits whilst I did, so I figured why waste an admittedly pricey toner when I can get the same benefits by just using once each night. Can see this lasting me a long time as still only a third way through the bottle...

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 9/25/2018 2:11:00 PM

First of all, I didn't buy this - and I'm glad! I have been looking for a good toner for soooo long and wanted to buy this while visiting Edinburgh - this is so much more expensive back in Austria - but luckily it was out of stock, so I was just able to test their tester. Within hours, the little spot I applied it on was irritating red and dry and felt like sand paper. I wiped it off with a wet cotton and am so glad that I didn't spent 18£ on that thing.

on 9/21/2018 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm still not a hundred percent sure about this one. I've only tried the smaller sample size, so I can't quite say if it's a must-have.

My 45-year-old skin has been looking a bit blah lately and I had a couple small breakouts, and I wanted something to help exfoliate, so I decided to try this.

Upon first using it, I notice no scent (is it more apparent in larger bottles, I wonder), but it feels like any other toner. After a few uses, I noticed my face looked a bit brighter or dewier. I don't know if it's that good, or if some pores and other gunk got swept away by this. I also had a couple breakouts that were taking too long (for my limited patience) to heal, and this seemed to have helped them along. I did get one big breakout on my cheek after I started using this, but I decided to keep applying, figuring it could be my skin is adjusting. It does seem to have helped it shrink and heal faster -- like in half the time -- but whether it's exclusively due to the tonic here, or because I used some scrub with salicylic acid in it, I can't say.

I think the price is a bit steep for something you find at Target, but I'm leaning more on the liking it and considering a repurchase side of indifference here. At the moment I have glycolic toner from The Ordinary that I'm trying out. After I use that up, I'll be more decided if I'm a convert to The Ordinary or if I'll want to pick up more of this Pixi Glow Tonic. So, if I didn't have the newest purchase to amuse me, I'd go and buy this again, but at the moment, I'm distracted with a new product.

I can’t ever live without this ever again! My face shines truly and it’s the best toner ever after those in. Kiehl’s

on 8/31/2018 3:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Nothing breaks me out usually,but this tonic did.Its been only few days since i started using it so i will give it a go for another few days to see if my skin will improve.Skin does glow and feels smooth in the morning.I will use it only for my nighttime routine because it feels too heavy for the day,but i guess exfoliating toner should feel like that.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this toner!
It feels smoother and looks fresher on my skin, it looks like I have a nice healthy glow skin.
I really recommended this toner.

Amazing! This is my holy grail toner, along with my Mario Badescue Rose Water! Definetely recommend:)

A little drying but otherwise good. The texture of my skin is definitely more refined. Milia gone after three uses (one week).

UPDATE: I’m a quarter of the way through and those benefits don’t appear anymore. I think my skin got used to it.