Pixi Glow Tonic

Pixi Glow Tonic
PIXI glow tonic

3.8

Ingredients: Deionized water, Aloe Vera, Witch Hazel, Horse Chestnut Extracts, Propylene Glycol, Glycolic Acid and Ammonium Glycolate, Hexylene Glycol, Glucose, Fructose, Sucrose, Urea Dextrin, Alanine, Glutamic Acid, Hexylnicotinate, Ginseng Extract, Potassium Alum, Diazolidinyl Urea, Biotin, pixi Natural Fragrant Oil. Active ingredients: Glycolic Acid-5%, partially neutralized by Ammonium Hydroxide.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this toner!
It feels smoother and looks fresher on my skin, it looks like I have a nice healthy glow skin.
I really recommended this toner.

Amazing! This is my holy grail toner, along with my Mario Badescue Rose Water! Definetely recommend:)

A little drying but otherwise good. The texture of my skin is definitely more refined. Milia gone after three uses (one week).

on 8/6/2018 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have acne-prone dehydrated oily skin, and I got my best friend (very dry skin w acne) and my mum (mature, balanced skin) hooked on this. The first couple weeks you use it you will not see a difference in your skin. We all agreed that you only started to see a difference after 1-2 weeks or so. I've used it every other day, and currently use it 2-3x a week. We were all new to chemical exfoliators and all found it gentle/mild enough to not cause any bad reactions. If my memory serves me correctly I believe my skin purged a tiny bit when initially using this, but nothing horrific. I think it just brought clogs I had under the skin to the surface.

I only use this at night. It provides a very light amount of hydration, enough that it does not feel stripping at all. Have never experienced any stinging, it isn't all that sticky and absorbs relatively fast. When I wake up the next morning after using this it looks like I have drank my weight in water and gotten 9 hours of sleep lol. The biggest differences I have noticed w my skin while using this is that it looks a lot brighter, and many of the tiny skin coloured bumps on my skin have gone down. It also really helps with acne (both in healing and prevention), my best friend agreed and said that when she stopped using it for about a week that she noticed her acne getting a bit worse. Whenever I have a spot and am using this I like to apply a little extra either w the cotton pad or my fingers and rub it in to the spot and it really helps to bring it down and heal much faster!

This is most definitely one of my HG skincare items. I have gone through the small and big bottle. Currently I'm testing out The Ordinary's Glycolic Acid Toner bc as much as I adore the Pixi Glow Tonic, once I head back into starting school I don't think I can justify spending $38CAD on it if TO's works just as well for $8CAD. Will leave a review for TO's once I've used it for longer!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I bought a bottle and immediately saw results. My skin looked glowy and healthy, my pores looked smaller, and I wasn't breaking out/clogging like I was. However, because it's pricey and there are other glycolic toners on the market for cheap, I decided to use something else (The Ordinary toner) when the bottle was empty.

Big mistake.

Once I finished The Ordinary toner, I started using Glow Tonic again at night, and within two days, my skin looked amazing again. I should've known better: if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Glow Tonic is the price it is because it's that great. It really, really works. It clarifies and improves tone and doesn't leave my skin sticky.

It does have a perfume-y like fragrance, which doesn't bother me but if you're sensitive to fragrance I'd be careful. It does dissipate really quickly though.

on 7/30/2018 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have been using this toner pretty consistently for about a month. Personally, I think it's on the expensive side for what it is (3.4 oz for 15$) but I wanted to give the PIXI line a try. I would rate it 4/5 stars for performance. It's not a WOW product, but I would say overall it's a GOOD product. Like others have said, it is pretty mild...I know the label says 5% GA but it feels like 2%. I knocked off a star because I feel its too expensive for what it is. I'd be happy to repurchase if it were half the price but I'll probably try something else when it's gone.

on 7/27/2018 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This broke me out. I've had acne for over 15 years and it's finally settled down just over the last year, so I've been researching products and trying highly rated ones, one at a time. Pay attention to all the reviewers with acne-prone skin who said it broke them out with painful under-skin cystic acne, especially on the chin, because that's exactly what happened to me. From using it just four times. Such a disappointment.

on 7/24/2018 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I researched this product for awhile before actually buying it. At Target, It is $15 for a 3.4 oz which isn't the cheapest, but I absolutely love it. They have a bottle that is over 8 oz but from what I can tell, you can only get that one online. On the days where I don't use L'Oreal's Hydrafresh Toner, I use this after cleansing and before moisturizing. It has sort of a tingly sensation, not painful at all, it just makes me think that it's truly working. It has glycolic acid to exfoliate and purify the skin, ginseng to improve circulation and energize and aloe vera to soothe and hydrate. It has a very earthy, herbal type smell that I actually enjoy. I use this on average twice a week and I use it with a cotton ball and sweep it all over my face and bring it down my neck and it makes my skin very soft and smooth. I'm on my third bottle and I really love this stuff!

on 7/13/2018 3:19:00 PM

I bought this only because I couldn't find Nip + Fab Glycolic Fix pads in stock anywhere. At first it was great - my skin was improving and it didn't leave any sticky residue. The smell is pleasant too. But after a week maybe, I started breaking out more, so I've stopped using it.

on 7/8/2018 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I love this toner! Have been using it every night since I bought it because I prefer a hydrating toner in the morning and have seen true results. My skin feels smoother and looks fresher and more even without a single breakout. It has never stung or caused redness to my sensitive combination skin, it's perfect in fact. I also appreciate the absence of alcohol. The scent is barely noticeable. The packaging looks a bit childish and doesn't come that cheap but that's the only flaw I can possibly pinpoint.