Pixi Glow Tonic

Pixi Glow Tonic
PIXI glow tonic

3.8

Ingredients: Deionized water, Aloe Vera, Witch Hazel, Horse Chestnut Extracts, Propylene Glycol, Glycolic Acid and Ammonium Glycolate, Hexylene Glycol, Glucose, Fructose, Sucrose, Urea Dextrin, Alanine, Glutamic Acid, Hexylnicotinate, Ginseng Extract, Potassium Alum, Diazolidinyl Urea, Biotin, pixi Natural Fragrant Oil. Active ingredients: Glycolic Acid-5%, partially neutralized by Ammonium Hydroxide.

on 11/2/2017 5:37:00 PM

I've been using the Glow tonic for about three months now, 1-2 times per day. I'm really liking it! I'm not bothered by the smell, so that's a plus, and I've also been using medical gauze to apply it (a la Caroline Hirons, so as not to waste product- a terrific suggestion). I am very pleasantly surprised, and I have to say my skin looks great! I've found that using a low % acid product more often than a higher % less often has really made my skin consistently clear, and has helped me tremendously with hormonal breakouts. My skin looks good all the time now, and if I happen to still get the odd hormonal spot here or there, it never develops into much and completely disappears within two days. I will definitely continue to buy this product, I'm actually pretty impressed at how well it works. I think the trick with this one is to use it consistently and to give it time. It is quite gentle compared to other acid lotions/toners, etc., so it won't 'resurface' anything- it's not meant to. I didn't really start noticing how well it worked until about a month in; it kind of snuck up on me, but I think this product is worth giving a chance to.

on 10/28/2017 5:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I’m a convert. I didn’t bother trying this due to the fact that I already had a bottle of glycolic acid I was trying to finish up (caudalies beauty elixir that everyone raves about), but I didn’t really love it and figured I would try this since I found a travel sized bottle of this on sale. I was first turned off by the powdery smell (which fades fast anyway) but holy moly! My face was so soft and clean after and I’ve never felt my skin like that from caudalies. I’ve only been using this for less than a month now but I’ve seen more results (clearer skin) with this than caudalies that I’ve been using for months. I like that this is in a plastic bottle too bc caudalies is glass and I would rather have shatter proof packaging. Not to mention the price difference. I will repurchase the full size after I finish this travel size. For reference, I have very sensitive acne prone skin with tons of scarring.

I bought Pixi Glow after seeing lots of good reviews but am totally regretting buying it now. I used the product as instructed for 6 weeks and it has completely ruined my skin! I understand that most people will undergo a period of purging but I have broken out into the most painful, inflamed acne that I’ve ever experienced in my life! So bad that I don’t want to leave the house. I wish I could attach photos to show everyone what it has done to my face.

I saw a dermatologist yesterday and they confirmed that the acne has been caused by using this product. I will now have to pay a specialist for treatment to get my skin back to normal (hopefully it won’t cause permanent scarring) a process that could take months!

on 9/20/2017 11:59:00 AM

Heard lots and lots of great reviews on this product, unfortunately it didn't work for me. Glow tonic has glycolic acid in it to help exfoliate skin but I didn't find that it made my skin brighter or glowy. Glow tonic also has a weird smell to it. Probably wouldn't try again as I don't like the smell.

on 9/3/2017 9:35:00 PM

I really like this. I have relatively normal skin with oiliness in my t-zone in particular but have never really struggled with bad acne. I do, however get dryness/flakiness in my T-zone as well (particularly around my nose and on my forehead). I found that my skin feels really nice after applying this after cleansing. I think it does help a bit with the dry/flaky spots.

I've never had issues with large pores or blackheads so I can't comment on that sort of thing. I do feel some stinging where i have a spot or cracks in my skin but it's not so bad that it's painful, tbh it just confirms that the product is actually sinking into my skin and doing something. Would definitely recommend this!

on 9/3/2017 8:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I am fairly new to acids and was looking for a low percentage to ease my sensitive skin into chemical exfoliation. At $15 for 3.4 ounces at Target Pixi Glow Tonic seemed like a great place to start.

My skin is combination dehydrated with hormonal cystic acne and annoying SFs across my cheeks and nose. I chose to use this for the first time at night as I was expecting a considerable degree of redness. It did tingle on initial application but not uncomfortably so, and after use I was slightly pink but not red and my skin felt soooo soft! I put on a sleep mask (Sephora Pomegranate) which I use in place of a night cream several times a week and when I woke up I was amazed.

My skin was plump and smooth and a stubborn cystic bump on my chin that I'd been dealing with for weeks for less red and significantly less tender. I have now been using GT daily for 3 weeks today. I still have 2/3 of the bottle left and my skin hasn't been so great since before puberty. Since this is my first go with glycolic acid I'm hesitant to call this a HG, but I will absolutely continue using and am not actively seeking an alternative.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought a travel sized bottle of the tonic (I think it was about $4-$5 at Target) because I saw good reviews online, plus I didn't want to buy a big bottle without knowing how my skin would react. Anyway, I applied this at night, and in the morning, I noticed my skin was itchy. I figured my skin needed more time to get used to it, but the itchy continued for a few more days. Eventually, I stopped because I didn't want the itching to get worse. In the short time I used it, I didn't notice any major changes. I don't have particularly sensitive skin, as I can count on one hand how many times I've had adverse reactions to beauty products. It is heavily scented, so it's not for those who are sensitive to scented products. It did help remove makeup residue after I cleanse my face in the shower with my usual beauty products.

on 8/16/2017 9:43:00 PM

Great acid toner that's easily accessible for purchase at your local Target. Definitely notice a tingle with this one, but no flushing (unlike P50). I see glowing results with regular use. Inexpensive, though the Ordinary offers a similar product with less cost per ounce. Light floral scent that dissipates shortly after application. I alternate this one with other acid toners but have repurchased this several times.

Skin: Dry, Other, Neutral

Hair: Other, Other, Coarse

This was love at first use. I have been using this for the past few weeks, at night, by pouring a few shakes onto a flat cotton round. Smells great, like a beautiful floral. And I noticed more toned skin, since I hadnt been using any acids in my routine for the past few months. I wish the price were cheaper, but I think the small bottle I bought will last me a long time. So far I use this at night after double cleansing, and then after a few minutes I pat on a generous shake of my Blithe 5 energy roots essence and then maybe layer on a 1-2 drops of Max Green Alchemys face oil for Normal skin next, or use a lotion, depending on how my skin is feeling. My skin is really glowing with this routine at night! I only wish Ulta carried Pixi products.

on 8/16/2017 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This really made a difference in my skin! I just got off Accutane and have a lot of hyperpigmentation and scarring. I definitely think this helped! I've been using it for over a month and my scars have significantly faded. I'm so impressed! I pour some on a cotton pad and use it to clean my face in the morning. Only downsides are that it's quite expensive and didn't smell good.