Pixi Glow Tonic

Pixi Glow Tonic
PIXI glow tonic

3.9

Ingredients: Deionized water, Aloe Vera, Witch Hazel, Horse Chestnut Extracts, Propylene Glycol, Glycolic Acid and Ammonium Glycolate, Hexylene Glycol, Glucose, Fructose, Sucrose, Urea Dextrin, Alanine, Glutamic Acid, Hexylnicotinate, Ginseng Extract, Potassium Alum, Diazolidinyl Urea, Biotin, pixi Natural Fragrant Oil. Active ingredients: Glycolic Acid-5%, partially neutralized by Ammonium Hydroxide.

on 9/20/2017 11:59:00 AM

Heard lots and lots of great reviews on this product, unfortunately it didn't work for me. Glow tonic has glycolic acid in it to help exfoliate skin but I didn't find that it made my skin brighter or glowy. Glow tonic also has a weird smell to it. Probably wouldn't try again as I don't like the smell.

on 9/3/2017 9:35:00 PM

I really like this. I have relatively normal skin with oiliness in my t-zone in particular but have never really struggled with bad acne. I do, however get dryness/flakiness in my T-zone as well (particularly around my nose and on my forehead). I found that my skin feels really nice after applying this after cleansing. I think it does help a bit with the dry/flaky spots.

I've never had issues with large pores or blackheads so I can't comment on that sort of thing. I do feel some stinging where i have a spot or cracks in my skin but it's not so bad that it's painful, tbh it just confirms that the product is actually sinking into my skin and doing something. Would definitely recommend this!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought a travel sized bottle of the tonic (I think it was about $4-$5 at Target) because I saw good reviews online, plus I didn't want to buy a big bottle without knowing how my skin would react. Anyway, I applied this at night, and in the morning, I noticed my skin was itchy. I figured my skin needed more time to get used to it, but the itchy continued for a few more days. Eventually, I stopped because I didn't want the itching to get worse. In the short time I used it, I didn't notice any major changes. I don't have particularly sensitive skin, as I can count on one hand how many times I've had adverse reactions to beauty products. It is heavily scented, so it's not for those who are sensitive to scented products. It did help remove makeup residue after I cleanse my face in the shower with my usual beauty products.

on 8/16/2017 9:43:00 PM

Great acid toner that's easily accessible for purchase at your local Target. Definitely notice a tingle with this one, but no flushing (unlike P50). I see glowing results with regular use. Inexpensive, though the Ordinary offers a similar product with less cost per ounce. Light floral scent that dissipates shortly after application. I alternate this one with other acid toners but have repurchased this several times.

on 8/16/2017 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This really made a difference in my skin! I just got off Accutane and have a lot of hyperpigmentation and scarring. I definitely think this helped! I've been using it for over a month and my scars have significantly faded. I'm so impressed! I pour some on a cotton pad and use it to clean my face in the morning. Only downsides are that it's quite expensive and didn't smell good.

on 9/3/2017 8:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I am fairly new to acids and was looking for a low percentage to ease my sensitive skin into chemical exfoliation. At $15 for 3.4 ounces at Target Pixi Glow Tonic seemed like a great place to start.

My skin is combination dehydrated with hormonal cystic acne and annoying SFs across my cheeks and nose. I chose to use this for the first time at night as I was expecting a considerable degree of redness. It did tingle on initial application but not uncomfortably so, and after use I was slightly pink but not red and my skin felt soooo soft! I put on a sleep mask (Sephora Pomegranate) which I use in place of a night cream several times a week and when I woke up I was amazed.

My skin was plump and smooth and a stubborn cystic bump on my chin that I'd been dealing with for weeks for less red and significantly less tender. I have now been using GT daily for 3 weeks today. I still have 2/3 of the bottle left and my skin hasn't been so great since before puberty. Since this is my first go with glycolic acid I'm hesitant to call this a HG, but I will absolutely continue using and am not actively seeking an alternative.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My HG toner! I didn't even like toners before this one.
I tried this because I heard it is a dupe of P50, which I've never tried.
This really does give a glow to the skin that wasn't there before using. It's gentle, yet effective.
I love that this doesn't have alcohol, and I'm obsessed with the greenhouse-like scent.
I use this every time I shave, and irritation is now a problem of the past. I get compliments on my skin all the time, and I really think this product is one of the stars of my routine.
I won't be giving this up anytime soon.
A+
Highly recommend.

Skin: Dry, Other, Neutral

Hair: Other, Other, Coarse

This was love at first use. I have been using this for the past few weeks, at night, by pouring a few shakes onto a flat cotton round. Smells great, like a beautiful floral. And I noticed more toned skin, since I hadnt been using any acids in my routine for the past few months. I wish the price were cheaper, but I think the small bottle I bought will last me a long time. So far I use this at night after double cleansing, and then after a few minutes I pat on a generous shake of my Blithe 5 energy roots essence and then maybe layer on a 1-2 drops of Max Green Alchemys face oil for Normal skin next, or use a lotion, depending on how my skin is feeling. My skin is really glowing with this routine at night! I only wish Ulta carried Pixi products.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

My HG toner!!! It did brightening my skin a lot and yes this toner really make my face glowing. I combine this toner with thayers rose petals and SK II fte and the result is amazing. Would buy this again. It's pricey but worth xoxo

on 7/20/2017 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I ran out of my Botanic Farms First Treatment Essense toner and needed a back up toner while I waited for my new toner in the mail. I went to Target and snagged the $6 15ml. I've been wanting to try this toner for a while so when I saw the small sample/travel size I was excited. At first there was a little irritation but nothing serious. I also followed up with my Nature Republic Aloe Vera Gel and my Mizon Snail Repair Gel. I think the combination of this and my green tea cleanser really helped with my hormonal acne. Since I put the aloe vera on my face after the toner I didn't have the serious irritation and breakouts that I noticed others say they have had. I also noticed my face was a lot smoother and some of my scars a little lighter. I got 1 week worth out of the sample and in that week I noticed a difference.I would definitely buy the full size but I would use it at night since it is an exfoliating toner.