Pixi Glow Tonic

Pixi Glow Tonic
PIXI glow tonic

3.7

Ingredients: Deionized water, Aloe Vera, Witch Hazel, Horse Chestnut Extracts, Propylene Glycol, Glycolic Acid and Ammonium Glycolate, Hexylene Glycol, Glucose, Fructose, Sucrose, Urea Dextrin, Alanine, Glutamic Acid, Hexylnicotinate, Ginseng Extract, Potassium Alum, Diazolidinyl Urea, Biotin, pixi Natural Fragrant Oil. Active ingredients: Glycolic Acid-5%, partially neutralized by Ammonium Hydroxide.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Love this so much.

on 4/17/2019 2:26:00 PM

I took the plunge and bought the 250ml bottle believing the raves I read online.

With much anticipation, I proceeded to religiously use this on my face 2 times a day.
On the 3rd day, my face broke out like never before. I have not had acne for the past 15years but this tonic was basically ferterlizer for acne.

I decided to tone down the usage and use it maybe 2 times a week at night instead.
And after each use, more pimples popped up. Huge cystic pimples around the mouth and forehead. Not cute.

Not believing that it could be the product, I tried it on my husband too..boom! Pimples.. this is basically instant regret in a 250ml bottle. Sigh

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This stuff wreaked havoc on my skin! Even though I have sensitive skin, I am very oily and usually tolerate AHAs pretty well. However, this toner made my skin extremely raw and irritated. I was using it once a day -- in the morning -- and by day 3 or 4 I had horrible red, dry patches on my chin, cheeks, and around my mouth. At that point I stopped using it and it took around 3 weeks for my skin to completely heal. Thankfully, I bought the smaller bottle to test it out before buying the bigger one.

on 4/15/2019 6:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

SO DISAPPOINTED. Wish i'd read these reviews before purchasing!!
I have pretty good skin, a little oily but nothing unmanageable - I used this product for 4 days (in the evening) and my chin and cheeks have completely broken in horrible under the skin spots.
Please consider all the reviews before purchasing, it's a pretty expensive product and really isn't worth the money in my opinion.

on 4/1/2019 1:18:00 PM

This product ausd flaky skin and it’s taking over a week to recover. My face feels stiff and dry.

on 3/25/2019 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

This product just works. I am a huge fan and have been using this for about 3 years now. I started with the $15 bottle from Target. That lasted 2 months using it day and night. I would not suggest using it like that. No irritation occurred, it just isn’t necessary. I went thru product quickly this way because I was also using it with cotton rounds. So after using other acids then coming back to this, I now use this at night with 1/3rd of a cotton square. Think shiseido facial cotton squares or the cvs dupe which is fluffier but just as effective at a fraction of the cost. So I rip a top layer, place 3 drops on it and use the glow tonic after double cleansing. This allows me to remove any left over makeup from my hairline which would not happen if I applied this like an essence. I also save on the precious tonic because I am not using large amounts of cotton that will soak it up I enjoy this method The most and will continue to employ it. I will purchase this again and again as yes, it does keep my pores unclogged and it does giv my skin the most beautiful glow. For day I use the Thayer Rose Witch Hazel as a toner.

on 3/23/2019 1:41:00 PM

I think my skin is too dry to be able to handle this. It's too harsh and makes my skin even more sensitive. It's not bad by any means, just not for me. I'll just keep on using hydrating toners.

I have been using a retinoid for a year now, and it has cleared most of my acne but I was still getting breakouts more often than I was ok with. I decided to try incorporating an AHA in my routine so I bought a sample of Glow Tonic.

I was skeptical of all the hype around this product, but it definitely performs well for me. The first few times I used this before bed, I noticed a drastic improvement the next morning—my skin legitimately looked clear and glowy. I now use this every other night to help keep breakouts at bay. Adding this into my routine regularly has made my skin smoother for sure.

I hate the scent of this, it smells like baby powder. I wish they it was fragrance-free. Aside from that, this product is pretty gentle. I rarely feel any tingling or burning and it does not cause irritation even when using in conjunction with a retinoid. I don’t like applying it with a cotton round, I prefer to just pour a few drops in my hand and pat it directly onto my skin. A bottle lasts me a really long time applying it this way.

on 3/12/2019 12:16:00 AM

First product I’ve ever used with glycolic acid and I don’t think it worked with my skin. Also, the sickly-sweet fruity scent turns me off completely.

on 3/11/2019 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I forgot I still had this in my skin care collection. I tried it months back and found that it started giving me skin issues. I stopped using it, thinking it was the glycolic acid (which my skin has been known to hate), but now refreshing my memory with the ingredients--- it had to be the hexylene glycol. Only reason I now know, I was using the ever popular Ganier micellar water (pink sensitive one) and after 1.5 large bottles, noticed my skin was getting super red, dried out, and breaking out. Hexylene glycol is one of the main ingredients in that-- and once I stopped, my skin recovered after a few weeks. My sensitivity to hexylene glycol is like a reaction to denat. alcohol, so I have to stay away. Ugh. I really wanted to use this. Will donate. I may try a different Pixi tonic, perhaps the retinol one, which has no rated comedogenic/irritating ingredients for my sensitive/reactive skin.