Pixi Glow Tonic

Pixi Glow Tonic
PIXI glow tonic

3.9

Ingredients: Deionized water, Aloe Vera, Witch Hazel, Horse Chestnut Extracts, Propylene Glycol, Glycolic Acid and Ammonium Glycolate, Hexylene Glycol, Glucose, Fructose, Sucrose, Urea Dextrin, Alanine, Glutamic Acid, Hexylnicotinate, Ginseng Extract, Potassium Alum, Diazolidinyl Urea, Biotin, pixi Natural Fragrant Oil. Active ingredients: Glycolic Acid-5%, partially neutralized by Ammonium Hydroxide.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was on a hunt for a liquid exfoliator and managed to nab a last bottle of this in my local M&S with a beauty selection. A big bottle of this retails for £18 which is quite a sum but it is such a hyped up product that lots of people would be trying to get hold of it even for twice more (I bet!).

I don't suppose it was on a shelf for long given how sought after it is, but I'm quite surprised how mild it is. I have a pretty dry, dehydrated skin and it does not tingle even one bit. I use it pretty much every other night on a soaked cotton pad and it makes my skin significantly softer and cleaner. My pores are clean and shrinked-looking (as we all know by now, one cannot shrink the pores actually, but when they are clean they look smaller and that will do for me) and I'm very happy with my purchase. It does not dry my skin more, just makes it clean and supple.

I'm detecting some faint, floral aroma here which i would be happy not to have, but nothing too offensive.

If I happen to strike lucky again with buying it IRL, I'll give it a go once more for sure.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This was given to me as a christmas gift from a friend. At first it burns but that's not abnormal for a product to burn my skin because it's highly sensitive. I'm tough on skin tonics because none of them seem to do much except wipe away missed makeup during cleansing, but this one was OK. I wouldn't say it made me glow but it did make my skin feel softer. Would I go out of my way to recommend it to a friend? Probably not. But, would I throw it away? No.

on 2/14/2017 8:19:00 AM

I don't get the hype about this.. I don't see any positive difference in my skin, it stings my skin, can't be a good thing right? Doesn't make me glow in any way, if anything it just gets rid of the additional grime that I might have missed during cleansing. It did not fade any old acne scars, and it did not make my skin even. Sad really, I really wanted to love this :(

on 2/8/2017 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

So I drank the "glow tonic" koolaid hype from bloggers and youtube, and I like it. After weeks of searching all the Targets in my area that have a Pixi display...I found the ready go wipe version initially. Needless to say after I finished the travel wipes I had to get the bottle of glow tonic. Again a few weeks of searching found a bottle of the stuff. Now I make sure any time I am about 1/2 done with the bottle I go and purchase a new one. My Target always seems to never have more than 1 on the shelf. I feel after people are starting to hoard this stuff.

So the review, I have used AHA in creams and serums regularly. However I wanted to find a good toner. I use to swap for the glycolic acid toner from proactiv (use to swap for it or buy via QVC or HSN) but that toner had alcohol and was drying. I found that glycolic acid worked the best in keeping my skin acne free.

I use this toner only at night. No sting with application. Strong floral scent, but it doesn't last all night. I find this toner in conjunction with my Sunday Riley Luna oil and Good Genes may skin texture is great. Super smooth, my fine line nearly gone. I haven't had skin this good since prior puberty.

Price wise, for me it's reasonable, as I do splurge on my skin care. However it's a prestige price for a product you can get at Target.

on 2/7/2017 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have very oily and becoming, "more mature" skin. I used the pixi glow toner in a sample size first and didn't notice a wow moment. The wow moment came after I ran out of the toner and went back to my old toner (clinique). I was wondering why my face didn't look and feel as soft as it had been. My makeup wasn't applying the best either. I thought it was the winter skin stuff, but it's February and actually not as dry. Then came my "Ah-Ha" moment. Ran to Target, grabbed my Pixi Glow Tonic and haven't looked back. My skin is very thankful, lol. If you're on the fence, you should really try the travel sizes. I love it!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I have mixed feelings about this product. When you swipe it over the skin, it really does impart a "glow". It's also not harsh and works well on my dry skin. I really like the mix of ingredients and if your skin does well with glycolic acid this is not a bad product. I will not be repurchasing for two reasons, which (like most skin products) are highly personal: I don't like the very strong fragrance and my skin does better with BHAs.

If you are considering purchasing, definitely smell it before you buy it because the fragrance is very strong and tends to linger.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have sensitive skin and have to be careful with glycolic acid. This is gentle yet effective at mild exfoliation. I use it when my skin looks dull and it brightens me right up. I like to use this before I apply facial self tanner. I had a dry patch on my forehead and it disappeared after using this for a couple of days. It's a great value. Love this product.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been anxiously waiting the return of Pixi Beauty to Canada having missed the boat when they were at Target before they closed. Maybe it's for the best I didn't know just how good this was back then because I would have been in mourning until it returned, now available at Shoppers Drug Mart. I've only been using the Glow Tonic for one week, (twice a day) and I can't believe how amazing this stuff is! Skin does indeed "GLOW". It is brighter and smoother and clearer. Makeup looks better on my skin. My skin looks more youthful, less dull. Now I know why so many others love this. I am sad we didn't get the entire Pixi line in stores, only about 20 different products to choose from but I am so happy this was one of them. For a glycolic acid, this is very comfortable on the skin at 5%. If you haven't used a glycolic acid before, ease it into it but should be tolerated by most. Not really a treatment, but doesn't claim to be. I use this as my toner and am very happy with it.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I have read so many good reviews about this product, and after seeing a friend tweet about it I decided to try it out.
It has worked really well for me!

I use it in the evening after cleansing, no more than twice a week, and moisturise with Rosehip Oil, making sure to massage it in to balance out any over drying from the toner. I also started to use a SPF 30 moisturiser.
After 3 weeks of this routine I have seen a noticeable fading of my hyper-pigmentation (caused by problem skin throughout high school) and my skin feels SO soft. I do still get the odd spots, mainly along my jaw and chin, but this routine has helped in dealing with it. It also feels like it gets rid of all the awful build up and congestion on my skin that comes with living in polluted cities (London air is not great).

I've read that a lot of people use it daily but I find it too astringent to do so. I didn't think my skin was that sensitive, but when I initially starting using it I tried it for 3 nights in a row and that was really all I could take. My skin was incredibly soft after the first two uses, after the third use it started to feel too dry. I have combination skin, so I would say take care if you do have sensitive skin.

This is the first toner I've bought which is a little more pricey (also the first glycolic acid product I've used) and I'm very happy with it. I use it infrequently so it will last a good amount of time. I would say it's worth the money!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

After hearing all the raves for at least a year about this toner, I finally caved. It's done a really nice job of helping remove a cluster of dry and damaged skin cells fro a break out over a month ago. My skin overall looks a little
More radiant, and us accepting moisturizer in a more even fashion. A couple years ago I moved from toner to micellar water for gentleness, but I think the active ingredients in this really agrees with my normal to dry skin. Not inexpensive especially for a target product, but worth the money because my moisturizer is performing better.