Pixi Glow Tonic

Pixi Glow Tonic
PIXI glow tonic

3.7

Ingredients: Deionized water, Aloe Vera, Witch Hazel, Horse Chestnut Extracts, Propylene Glycol, Glycolic Acid and Ammonium Glycolate, Hexylene Glycol, Glucose, Fructose, Sucrose, Urea Dextrin, Alanine, Glutamic Acid, Hexylnicotinate, Ginseng Extract, Potassium Alum, Diazolidinyl Urea, Biotin, pixi Natural Fragrant Oil. Active ingredients: Glycolic Acid-5%, partially neutralized by Ammonium Hydroxide.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I was convinced by a video beauty blogger Nadine Baggot saying Glycolic acids soften pigmentation and fine lines over time so are anti-aging. The Glow Tonic was one featured to try. I brought the 100 ml a few times then shelled out for the big 250 ml. I used this exclusively for nearly a year and their were no improvements whatsoever. Also, this product has an unpleasant dusty musty smell. Perfume ages the skin so its counterproductive but to smell bad seems pointless.

on 11/29/2018 12:39:00 AM

I have slightly dry acne prone skin , I find chemical exfoliating products to be very beneficial for me , but regardless of the price I prefer the Dennis gross peel pads. The pick glow tonic is just “ok” sure it brightens up the complexion and I did like it for that reason but I swear every time I used it I’d get little bumps under my skin which I assume is from irritation I stopped using for that reason. Wouldn’t recommend as they didn’t really do anything ...

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I love this. But is it a miracle product...? No because that doesn't really exist. I have extremely well behaved, clear and resilient to aging combo (oily and normal) skin with no major issues (thanks modified Korean skincare routine and good genetics!)... So my skin is pretty nice. I'm obviously going to have a way easier time and experience with products than someone who has tons of skin issues. That said this works beautifully for me. I've used glycolic acid pads a couple times a year and it's been a good experience but this is much more convenient for me. I use this occasionally at night in place of my regular toner (thayers rose petal) and oil and moisturize a bit generously and I wake up with my skin looking even better than it usually does; fresh, bright, glowing, youthful and just generally prettier. And the effects last. Plus this is inexpensive and easily available (at Target). I was/am really impressed with this product. For me it's amazing but I think you have to be realistic about your expectations as it relates to the condition of your skin.

on 11/27/2018 2:36:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I’m a 30ish working mother with dehydrated oily skin, my skin can easily break out and turns red. I spend 8 hours working on air conditioned room, and my house is also fully air conditioned which may explain the dehydrated skin part.

The first glycolic acid I’ve ever used is from the Ordinary. Somehow, after several days of use (twice a day), my skin started to break out and many small bumps of comedos appearing. I was so disappointed but didn’t stop there. I’ve heard about this Korean new brand of skincare named Krave Beauty. So i bought their Kalelaluyaha toner, which is also a glycolic acid toner. Used it religiously twice a day after cleaning up, followed with moisturizer. Another disappointment. My skin doesn’t seem to play well with glycolic acid. Its too ad because I’ve heard many good things about them! Then I saw Pixi Glow Tonic and I thought, okay, that one better work because it would be the last one I try.

Then I bought the small 15 ml Glow Tonic. Had to get it through instagram seller, since Pixi is not available yet in Indonesia. I do the double cleanse everyday, followed with Glow Tonic and a moisturizer. Every 2-3 days I use a serum. Surprise surprise, no break out and no bumps appeared! But i was still being cautious, once the 15 ml bottle is finished, I get the 100 ml, not grabbing the biggest bottle yet. It’s still working really well. My skin radiates that healthy glow, I’ve never had any break out ever since the first use, and my pores looks more decent (if that’s a way to describe it haha). I decided that this one is for me and will keep repurchasing. Hope this helps.

on 11/20/2018 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Is it just me or does this smell like a bathroom? Not like a *dirty* bathroom, but like a recently cleaned bathroom in a well kept office building or retail space. Interesting choice, that's all I'm saying. Unfortunately the scent is the most potent thing about this product.

I got this because I wanted a gentler alternative to my usual Biologique Recherche Lotion P50, and well... I guess I got it. The problem is it's too gentle. Once you take the pH into account the 5% glycolic acid is more like 2% if we're lucky. Yeah, no.

This is gentler than both By Wishtrend 5% Mandelic Acid Prep Water and Silk Naturals 8% AHA Toner; they are actually formulated to the correct pH for their respective acids, so even though they don't penetrate as deeply as glycolic acid there's enough free acid content to be effective.

So yeah, there's a lot of hype here but not a great acid exfoliator. Also, a lot of fragrance.

on 11/19/2018 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I was so excited to try the Pixi glow tonic, so i bought a small bottle when i was in Londen.
My skin is combination, with a oily t-zone and sometimes some cystic acne. But due to the use of the Mario Badescu products my skin was looming healthy and acne free for the last year or so. Only a bit of bumps during my period.

After using the pixi glow tonic for about 3 weeks or so i started getting cystic acne on my forhead, my chin, my nose and even my back and behind my neck. First i thought it would pass, because i had a stressfull period at work and learning for my exams. But my skin never reacted to stress this much. The cystic acne doesnt stop, i seem to get bumps by the day. I decided to stop with the tonic to see if it will help to clear the cystic acne. I can’t think of nothing else that could have caused this other then the tonic.

Is there anyone else who have had this experience?

on 11/17/2018 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I use Biologique Recherche's P50 at night and Pixi Glow in the morning.

Although P50 is the real deal, Pixi Glow is a great product if you're looking for a Basic, gentle and soothing toner. It does not irritate my sensitive skin and it brightens.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I like it but I am not sure it does a lot. I stopped it and I don't know if I have much more problems than before.

on 11/8/2018 2:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is alright, it does the job. But doesn't help with anything else. If you already have nice skin and you just need a good enough toner, this is it. Does not aid my acne-prone skin though. Maybe when it gets better, I will go back to this.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

this was... eh? alright i guess?

this was being told to everyone like it was this miracle worker thing, so i guess i had higher expectations. i got the small bottle to test, and maybe that wasn't enough to see the miracle... come into effect? i might repurchase this again down the line, but with my first time with it, it was just... okay.