Pixi Glow Tonic

Pixi Glow Tonic
PIXI glow tonic

3.8

Ingredients: Deionized water, Aloe Vera, Witch Hazel, Horse Chestnut Extracts, Propylene Glycol, Glycolic Acid and Ammonium Glycolate, Hexylene Glycol, Glucose, Fructose, Sucrose, Urea Dextrin, Alanine, Glutamic Acid, Hexylnicotinate, Ginseng Extract, Potassium Alum, Diazolidinyl Urea, Biotin, pixi Natural Fragrant Oil. Active ingredients: Glycolic Acid-5%, partially neutralized by Ammonium Hydroxide.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Saves me from having to exfoliate manually; and, when I touch my face, my skin has an amazing dewy texture. Love the non intrusive wildflower scent.

For a toner it is a bit pricey but definitely worth it. After using this for just a week I could already start to see results. My skin was clearer and had a nice healthy glow to it. I have now been using it day and night for 2 months now and I have less break outs but do still get some. My sister even commented saying my skin looked better! Also it's crulty free which is a must for me and it's so hard to find good crulty free product but at least a I have now found my toner, do recommend!

on 6/16/2017 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I bought this based on some online reviews and am so happy I did! It's on the pricey side for drugstore ($15 for the small and $30 for the large in Canada), but sometimes Shoppers had it for 15% off, so that's when I'll buy it.

I am in my early 40s and have super oily skin. Still breakout like a teen, but not as bad as I used to. I started having these breakouts a few months ago and couldn't figure out what was going on. Tried benzoyle, salicylic everything and it only temporarily helped. I heard about this tonic and gave it a try. I apparently don't have sensitive skin as I often use this twice a day (once in the morning, again at night). Sometimes I'll use a Clean and Clear salicylic acid toner instead of this. Within a couple of weeks, I noticed a massive difference! About a month and a half later, my skin is looking so much better! I still get the odd cystic zit right around that time of the month, but the rest of the time, I'm very happy with how things are looking. I do still use some acne cream on my breakouts in addition to the Glow Tonic, but the tonic had made a huge difference. Huge! So happy I found this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love but at the same time hate this toner. It got rid of my blackheads and whiteheads on my nose but it made my cheeks red and a little bumpy. I suggest those with sensitive skin to reduce the usage of this toner since it is also a chemical exfoliator

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I'm so glad that Pixi is again available in Canada (it was for the short time Target stores were here but not since). A Shopper's Drug Mart near me is finally carrying it and I picked up a bottle a few weeks ago. I'm surprised that many consider this a high priced item because I don't find the price all that out of line.

I was surprised to see that this contains several of the same ingredients as the outrageously overpriced SKII Facial Treatment Essence and, in my experience, it works pretty much similarly and similar to most good toning lotions. It does a nice job of removing the last traces of makeup after I cleanse. My facial cleansing hasn't been all that thorough in the past week because I've got a catheter in my hand but swiping a cotton pad soaked in Glow Tonic does a good job of making sure my face is clean at the end of the day. I'm not crazy about the smell of this (reminds me of Erno Laszlo Controlling lotion which also had this strange smell that was "almost" nice but something it in made the smell a bit unpleasant). I don't think this is a "be all and end all" product but I don't think any toner is, to be honest and most of the time, it's a step I skip. But as summer approaches (it's hot, humid and grimy in my city in the summer), that's when I really appreciate having a good one to freshen up or to cut through everything on my face at day's end.

So excited to try this after so many raved reviews everywhere. I use this 2 times a week because it was the first time that I used acid toners and I really just wanted to see how my skin tolerated the product. But sadly this did nothing to my face, the following morning all I saw is blackheads purging and i even had mild cystic acne, red spots on my cheek and other areas where I usually would not have any breakouts. My skin feels and look better without using it. So nope, it didn't work for me. It's so drying for me and breaks me out. Going to sell it away.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have oily but sensitive skin that is prone to clogged pores. This was pricey and the bottle was small, however it did give my face a smoother texture and the scent was not too bad as I thought. I didn't receive a "glow" but I can say it didn't aggravate my skin. I follow with a light moisturizer at night. It was also hard to find, but Target had it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I found this toner to be similar to Proactiv Revitalizing Toner (and its Equate knockoff) as well as the Mario Badescu Glycolic Acid toner in the effects it gave to my skin. They all work well for reducing dullness and helping my post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation fade a bit faster. This product wasn't my favorite because of the spicy smell. It reminded me of cinnamon and I wasn't a fan of having that smell near my face. This toner was a bit sticky on my face too. So I'm sticking to Mario Badescu because I prefer the consistency more. Not a bad product, just not my favorite.

on 5/22/2017 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Great product. Smooths the skin and gives it a glow - face definitely felt tighter after applying. The overall texture of my skin has changed since using acid toners - this one's mild enough to use every day while the Nip+Fab pads are a bit more tingly for 2/3 nights a week. M&S had sold out of this product and when there was a delivery it was flying off the shelf. Can't believe it's taken me so long to start using acid toners - I'll never go back!

on 5/20/2017 3:23:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!! was sceptical about buying it because of the price but its honestly worth every penny. My skin is noticeably clearer and healthier after just a week and it has a literal GLOW which many people have noticed and complimented. Was worried that it would be too harsh on my skin but the ingredients are all very natural and soothing. The scent is definitely strong and maybe not for everyone but I personally I really like it. Will definitely be re-purchasing.