Pixi Glow Tonic

Pixi Glow Tonic
PIXI glow tonic

3.8

Ingredients: Deionized water, Aloe Vera, Witch Hazel, Horse Chestnut Extracts, Propylene Glycol, Glycolic Acid and Ammonium Glycolate, Hexylene Glycol, Glucose, Fructose, Sucrose, Urea Dextrin, Alanine, Glutamic Acid, Hexylnicotinate, Ginseng Extract, Potassium Alum, Diazolidinyl Urea, Biotin, pixi Natural Fragrant Oil. Active ingredients: Glycolic Acid-5%, partially neutralized by Ammonium Hydroxide.

on 2/18/2018 11:10:00 AM

I don't get it. I must be way more sensitive and acne prone than the others who are in love with this product. After a few days this caused me to break out and it also caused my 26 year old daughter to breakout as well. I wouldn't even care that's it's overpriced if it did something good for my skin.

on 2/17/2018 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I LOVE this. It makes my skin feel smoother and brighter. My acne scars and hyper pigmentation are fading as well. The pores around my nose are getting cleaner too! I gave it 4/5 instead of 5/5 because it is not the most gentle chemical exfoliator I've used. I can understand why people are having reactions to it. Previously, I was using First Aid Beauty's Resurfacing Liquid. It works, but it was more gentle and after months of continued use I felt I needed something stronger. I'll probably switch between the two. If you have sensitive skin, I would use the FAB one instead. It is more gentle. However if you want to start using the Pixi, I would use it every other night for a week or so and see how your skin reacts. Keep in mind you can get this at Target and they accept returns.

I do not understand the hype. No difference whether I use this or any good toning lotion from The Body Shop. I think I paid $36 for at Shoppers Drugmart here in Canada. Too expensive for what it is.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

Amazing! This stuff is gentle on my skin and cleaned out my pores. My pores looked smaller after my first use! Highly recommend.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I wouldnt say this is a very gentle toner. I feel slight tingling when i apply, and i can tell it's abit strong when it can still get some dirt on my neck after i've showered. After getting through a bottle of this, i dont rly see a significant difference - more even skin, brighter and clearer. I do believe it gently exfoliates tho. Not too sure if my skin looks and feels smoother. But do love the powdery smell and that it doesnt cause sensitivity to my skin and has no alcohol in it. I already purchased another bottle to give my skin another go at more significant results.

on 1/26/2018 6:21:00 AM

HG. I was really thinking this stuff was too harsh for my skin but then I figured out the key to it is to only use it once a week. End of the week, to give my skin a rest from makeup/exfoliate/hydrate I will swipe this on gently after regular cleansing then apply a super hydrating/non-irritating overnight mask and I shit you not, this stuff cleans EVERYTHING out your pores. My pores are my biggest gripe and some areas of my face even look completely poreless after doing this. Also makes my skin more radiant and supple in the week ahead. Usually midweek I’ll use a gentle exfoliator (my fave rn is Olay regenerist detoxifying pore scrub cleanser) to remove skin flakies instead of a chemical exfoliant so my face doesn’t get irritated, again followed up with moisture mask or a nice thick moisturizer overnight (depending how dry I am). Faves for the masks rn are: Avene antirougeurs calm redness relief soothing repair mask and Olay regenerist luminous overnight mask

on 1/15/2018 2:30:00 AM

Was so excited to try this and was so disappointed. This left me with HUGE cyclic acne on my chin - something I’ve never had. I had pimples on top of pimples. I’m now left with red scaring on my chin. I used this for 6 weeks thinking my skin was just purging but my skin continued to get worse and worse with huge red angry pimples coming up everywhere. These huge painful spots only went away when I stopped using this product.

So so so disappointed

on 1/9/2018 5:18:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

So...

I have a routine. It works. It keeps my skin healthy and clear from spots and other imperfections. I didn't need to change anything in my routine.

But the hype of Pixi Glow got to me...

So I bought it...

And honestly...

I wish I hadn't.

After 2 days use, my skin was sore and breaking out in places I haven't seen a spot in since I was like 16.

As I can't entirely pinpoint what ingredient caused the adverse reactions, all I can advise is to proceed with caution. According to reviews, some people find it to be their 'holy grail'...and the others (myself included)??? Well not so much.

I made this review just to add to the pile of reviews on this product. But amid all of the hype, I hope that maybe this might deter another from giving in, to aforementioned hype.

My skin type, is combination. Not sensitive. And spot prone (unless my lovely little routine is followed).
So, if your skin sounds like mine, maybe think twice before buying this product.

Hope it helps
Xo

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Horrendous. Was so excited to try this after all the hype that’s been circulating online for years but should’ve paid more attention to the reviews that didn’t love it. I also received deep, red and angry cystic acne all over my face after only a few uses. Spots appeared where I’ve never had them before and they’ve never been so painful. Such a shame as I paid £18 for it! I knew it was this that caused the acne as it began clearing up as soon as I stopped using it!

on 12/20/2017 3:02:00 PM

This is OK, but doesn't do much for me. Clarins Gentle Exfoliater Brightening Toner is so much better.
I use this day and night after cleansing and before moisturizer, and I don't feel that my face glow at all... Maybe they're a bit cleaner, but that's all. Good packaging and fair price for amount.