Pixi Glow Tonic

Pixi Glow Tonic
PIXI glow tonic

3.9

Ingredients: Deionized water, Aloe Vera, Witch Hazel, Horse Chestnut Extracts, Propylene Glycol, Glycolic Acid and Ammonium Glycolate, Hexylene Glycol, Glucose, Fructose, Sucrose, Urea Dextrin, Alanine, Glutamic Acid, Hexylnicotinate, Ginseng Extract, Potassium Alum, Diazolidinyl Urea, Biotin, pixi Natural Fragrant Oil. Active ingredients: Glycolic Acid-5%, partially neutralized by Ammonium Hydroxide.

A bit over rated in my opinion I suffer dry skin so was excited after hearing about this to try it out. 1. I don't love the smell. 2. My dry skin still fills tight after application and I have to apply moisturizer right after to stop my face feeling itchy and tight. I don't know if this is why I may be haven't noticed a difference as I don't wait long enough for it to soak in. Prob greaton combination skin but not for super dry skin like me....

on 3/6/2017 9:11:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Wow I must say that I think this product lives up to hype. I see a noticeable improvement in my skin, but nothing too crazy since it's only 5% but my skin does in fact look nicer, just generally more even and clearer. I also do enjoy the smell a lot, a fresh floral smell. It took me a while to buy this because the small version is $20 cnd which I find expensive for drugstore, and is also the reason that I'm not sure I'll repurchase this. It's good but The full size is $40 cnd which is almost on par with Sephora pricing.

The verdict's out on this one...
It's become one of those products that I throw in my skincare drawer and forget about because it really doesnt do much. No 'glow', even after using consecutive nights and mornings, just gets rid of the dirt after sleeping but any cleanser can do that for you. When I apply this my skin feels tighter and slightly stings less than clinique's toner, but as somebody with acne prone skin it doesn't really help my needs. So I'm going to have to say I wont be recommending this as anything more than a standard (overpriced) toner.

I bought this product after Pixi came to Shoppers in Canada. Overall, not a huge fan - especially at that price point.

Pros:
I like the smell, but it IS overpowering. Luckily it does not linger long.

Cons:
Seems to break me out - might be the fragrance
No noticeable difference, my homemade toner of witchhazel and rose water seems to do better than this.

on 2/27/2017 11:45:00 AM

I don't understand the hype around this product because I saw no difference in my skin in terms of " glow". It did not make my skin feel any softer either. It's pretty much just a regular toner with some exfoliant properties. I rated this 2 out 5 because even though the product was alright, I paid so much for the small bottle that I feel like I wasted money on this product.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was on a hunt for a liquid exfoliator and managed to nab a last bottle of this in my local M&S with a beauty selection. A big bottle of this retails for £18 which is quite a sum but it is such a hyped up product that lots of people would be trying to get hold of it even for twice more (I bet!).

I don't suppose it was on a shelf for long given how sought after it is, but I'm quite surprised how mild it is. I have a pretty dry, dehydrated skin and it does not tingle even one bit. I use it pretty much every other night on a soaked cotton pad and it makes my skin significantly softer and cleaner. My pores are clean and shrinked-looking (as we all know by now, one cannot shrink the pores actually, but when they are clean they look smaller and that will do for me) and I'm very happy with my purchase. It does not dry my skin more, just makes it clean and supple.

I'm detecting some faint, floral aroma here which i would be happy not to have, but nothing too offensive.

If I happen to strike lucky again with buying it IRL, I'll give it a go once more for sure.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This was given to me as a christmas gift from a friend. At first it burns but that's not abnormal for a product to burn my skin because it's highly sensitive. I'm tough on skin tonics because none of them seem to do much except wipe away missed makeup during cleansing, but this one was OK. I wouldn't say it made me glow but it did make my skin feel softer. Would I go out of my way to recommend it to a friend? Probably not. But, would I throw it away? No.

on 2/14/2017 8:19:00 AM

I don't get the hype about this.. I don't see any positive difference in my skin, it stings my skin, can't be a good thing right? Doesn't make me glow in any way, if anything it just gets rid of the additional grime that I might have missed during cleansing. It did not fade any old acne scars, and it did not make my skin even. Sad really, I really wanted to love this :(

on 2/8/2017 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

So I drank the "glow tonic" koolaid hype from bloggers and youtube, and I like it. After weeks of searching all the Targets in my area that have a Pixi display...I found the ready go wipe version initially. Needless to say after I finished the travel wipes I had to get the bottle of glow tonic. Again a few weeks of searching found a bottle of the stuff. Now I make sure any time I am about 1/2 done with the bottle I go and purchase a new one. My Target always seems to never have more than 1 on the shelf. I feel after people are starting to hoard this stuff.

So the review, I have used AHA in creams and serums regularly. However I wanted to find a good toner. I use to swap for the glycolic acid toner from proactiv (use to swap for it or buy via QVC or HSN) but that toner had alcohol and was drying. I found that glycolic acid worked the best in keeping my skin acne free.

I use this toner only at night. No sting with application. Strong floral scent, but it doesn't last all night. I find this toner in conjunction with my Sunday Riley Luna oil and Good Genes may skin texture is great. Super smooth, my fine line nearly gone. I haven't had skin this good since prior puberty.

Price wise, for me it's reasonable, as I do splurge on my skin care. However it's a prestige price for a product you can get at Target.

on 2/7/2017 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have very oily and becoming, "more mature" skin. I used the pixi glow toner in a sample size first and didn't notice a wow moment. The wow moment came after I ran out of the toner and went back to my old toner (clinique). I was wondering why my face didn't look and feel as soft as it had been. My makeup wasn't applying the best either. I thought it was the winter skin stuff, but it's February and actually not as dry. Then came my "Ah-Ha" moment. Ran to Target, grabbed my Pixi Glow Tonic and haven't looked back. My skin is very thankful, lol. If you're on the fence, you should really try the travel sizes. I love it!