Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Powder Foundation

Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Powder Foundation

3.8

Mica, Quartz, Ruby Powder, Tourmaline, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Smithsonite Extract, Sea Salt/Maris Sal/Sel Marin, Hydrolyzed Pearl, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, BHT, Kaolin. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510).

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this product. I have super oily skin and cant justify using my high end foundations for every day wear, just for going to work. Everything else I tried just would not stay and someone recommended trying a powder foundation...I’m hooked! This is a great option for people with blemish prone skin as well, as it’s not as heavy and allows your skin to “breathe”. I noticed my skin cleared up a lot and I don’t get as much end of the day Whitehead’s because of this. First, it takes me significantly less time to get ready in the morning. I use the shape tape concealer underneath my eye bags and any blemishes I have. Then I use a translucent powder to set and add this on top. I use the elf brush that I can’t remember the name of but it’s dense and shaped like a triangle...it’s a face brush. Using circular motions I go all over my face and I get a pretty great level of coverage. If there are spots I need more of I go over again, but this does a pretty good job. Use a good mattifying primer and a setting spray (I use NYX matte) and this will last a good 10+ hours. I’m taking off points for shade range, I use “Fair Neutral” and it’s a bit orange. I don’t know what the term is for “reverse oxidizing” but I’ve noticed throughout the day it evens out, but I still have a bit of a “glow” which I like. I’m not used to going this dark and I HATE having a different color neck than I do chin but I get complimented on how “glowy” I look with this. Still, their shade range is measly and I’d like a more seamless look. The packaging is meant to prevent powder from spilling and as I travel often I seriously appreciate this. I use my brush to push down and I get enough to cover one section- I do forehead, each cheek, nose and chin are one push, but I usually add more around my nose cause a) oily and b) I’m a glasses wearer and it fades a bit there. Not anything terrible and actually one of the least noticeable fades from glasses I’ve tried with a foundation. Lastly, I bought the Bare Minerals matte foundation on Black Friday just to try, as that is the one that this foundation is always compared to. While the shade range is much better, the price for the amount is better and the brand is recommended by dermatologists as being one of the best for skin, regardless of the primers I’ve tried it just doesn’t have the lasting power like tarte’s. Great for setting my liquid foundation for my fancy going out nights, but those nights also have 47 more steps with spritz’s of setting sprays between layers and lots of primer...y’all know what I mean. Thanks to this foundation I get to sleep in, the coverage is great, not a heck of a lot of fade from my glasses, and I’m not washing brushes as much. Also, my skin is looking better so I need less and less coverage. Just wish it was cheaper and had more of a shade range.

Love this! I have oily skin and it definitely mattifies it. Buildable coverage and love the packaging.

on 10/2/2017 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I first purchased this a couple of years ago. I have very oily skin and can sweat a lot. It blurs imperfections and gives me good enough coverage that I can tell I have something on but nobody else can. I love the mess free packaging, I simply push my brush into the mesh and buff it onto my skin. Easy to wash off at the end of the day and my skin doesn't have any weird reactions to it. I'm on my second jar of it...first one lasted forever.

on 7/21/2017 12:34:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Eh..wouldn't exactly call this medium/full coverage at all, seems more on the sheer/light side for me which is not what I'm looking for in a powder. The colours seem to run a bit dark and I had problems with this oxidizing.

on 8/14/2017 3:21:00 AM

This definitely doesn't give full coverage, even when built upon with many layers. The liquid foundation has better coverage. That said, it's a pretty good loose powder. It didn't break me out or clog my pores but my face do get really oily eventually, which doesn't happen with the liquid foundation. I bought the kabuki brush with this and I love the brush more than the powder itself! Will repurchase if I can't find another good loose powder!

on 9/1/2017 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This powder was my go to when I didn't want to apply foundation. I applied this powder with the Makeup Forever 110 Kabuki brush, patted it into the skin and would apply my blush, conture and highlight over top and it gave such a nice natural finish to the skin. Is it full coverage, not at all. If you are looking for a full coverage powder this isn't the powder for that.

on 3/27/2017 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I bought this to replace my discontinued HG foundation. It goes on a bit heavier than I would like and starts to look cracked and cakey after a few hours. I have very oily skin, so accept that my makeup is essentially doomed after 4 hours. If I have a special event that is 3 hours or less, this coverage is beautiful and even and I highly recommend it.

on 7/3/2017 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I love this powder. I do not use it as a foundation I use it to set my foundation. I love a full coverage and this makes my face flawless after any foundation u use. I don't see this as a full coverage that's why I use it just to set around my bronzer usually just around the outer part of my face. The only thing that I hate is the mesh that it has and the kabuki brush I got to use with the powder. What I do is cut the whole mesh out and use a fluffy big brush to set my face with. I don't find the use of the kabuki brush and it's hard for the powder to come out thru the little mesh. Other than that I love it and will continue to purchase.

on 4/21/2017 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I bought this last minute at my neighborhood Ulta because I needed some makeup for an event. Before I bought this I didn't really wear makeup since most my experiences with makeup at Sephora were not the best. I went into Ulta knowing I wanted a powder foundation that was build-able since I have oily skin and like to look natural. I'm so glad I was recommended this foundation. I have the shade Tan-Sand and its a close match to my skin tone. It makes my skin look even and almost flawless. I can layer it and get a sheer to full coverage depending on my need. I think with a good primer and setting spray it would look even better.

on 4/26/2017 11:19:00 AM

I picked up this foundation from my local Sephora. Here's what my experience has been so far:

-This product offers medium coverage on my skin. I have acne scarring on one cheek and a little (one or two) bumpy acne on the other. It dims the bumpy acne so that it appears more like a whitehead with makeup, but it does not provide any coverage for my scarring unless I use a full heavy concealer underneath. I tried dabbing a light, peach dark spots concealer (Nyx) and then using this on top, but the dark spots still showed. This made them dark and brought them out in a drier manner, which is very unpleasant as the day wears on.

-It is matte for the first half of the day, but gives a dry patch in the middle of the day where applied most liberally.

-The only way I could find this to cover my acne for an event (where I am willing to sacrifice my skin for an hour or two of makeup), is to wear a light foundation (one layer ONLY to avoid being cakey) and then stippling this on top of any blemishes/problem area (as you would do with a finishing powder). This hides my acne really well, and thankfully, used with the right foundation (I used Maybelline's Matt & Poreless) it causes no extra breakouts.

All in all, when applied on areas of my face where my skin is clear, this is a very useful product. It is matte but not drying and gives a polished look for a few hours (will need to refresh if wearing for longer time). It is useful on my acne but only when paired lightly with a liquid foundation/liquid concealer (cream concealers definitely didn't give me coverage when paired with this).