Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Powder Foundation

Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Powder Foundation

3.7

Mica, Quartz, Ruby Powder, Tourmaline, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Smithsonite Extract, Sea Salt/Maris Sal/Sel Marin, Hydrolyzed Pearl, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, BHT, Kaolin. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510).

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I've been on quite a search for a matte powder in an olive tone. I've been using Jane Iredale's Golden Glow but I've tanned and really want more coverage. I found the color Light Sand to be a pretty good match when using a bronzer on top. I'm thinking I may try out the medium Sand but it sure looked orange to me?? I wish folks would understand that olive is NOT orange, it's a green shade. Anyway, I found that it gives good coverage (I dare to challenge most other reviews and say it does offer full coverage alone). I do not use any other product other than concealer for a few spots under my powder. I was a bit afraid that it would be too shiny for my liking but was surprised that it was not. It gave more of a nice healthy glow. No shimmery stuff. I have some pretty large pores and was worried it would show them up more. Held up really well over time and I've got an oily T zone. It applied easy and blended well. I do think it does oxidize a little as you wear but nothing drastic, but sort of melts into you face and appear more natural. No odor and a nice silky feel. Oh and I LOVE the container. Keeps the powder from collecting in the lid when not in use! That's a plus for me.

For me this was just ok. It didn't break me out and my face didn't turn into a oil slick but the coverage wasn't "full" and it kinda looked dull. This could be coz this is supposed to be a matte foundation. As far a powder foundations go this isn't bad and definitely worth a try but I prefer the Laura Geller balance and brighten powder foundation.

To Read all 42 Reviews, Login or Join

I have this in Fair Light Neutral & it is the best match to my skin I've ever had. I was a former Pur Minerals lover & I was just in the mood to try something different. 2 years later this has been my everyday product. I apply it with a damp beauty blender & then buff with an ECO tools bronzer brush. I'm giving it 4 stars because it's been a great foundation. I'm taking a star away because lately I feel like it can get a little cakey & accentuate pores. I kind of blot it with a tissue & it helps with these issues. I'm getting ready to try the new Tarte Water Foundation hoping it will not get cakey, but I'm sticking with this for now because it's been the best I've tried.

I think this powder is great for all skin types. It's one of my favorites. The coverage may not be exactly full coverage but it is definitely a medium coverage foundation. I like to add my Mac Pro long wear on top where I have blemishes and I set that with my Mac studio fix powder. My face looks flawless and NATURAL. Good product. Does not wear out when sweating or in the water.

I don't usually write a review unless I really hate or love the product. And this will be the one I incredibly hate. Their neutral should be named "orange" instead. The neutral shade is designed to equally displease both warm and cool tones. And boy, does it oxidise a lot! My face looks dirty and oil slick after an hour or so which is a shame because the first time I put it on my face, it actually looks satiny and glowing. Definitely not worth your time and money. May be it'll work if you purchase a shade lighter for your skin but seriously, why bother?

THIS IS FOR ALL OF YOU OUT THERE WHO ARE DEBATING BUYING THIS BECAUSE OF THE PRICE.
This is a greatttt product. I am extremely impressed. I will say, at first, though I did not like it. It is a pretty penny to say the least-- some might be appalled that it's a $40 powder, however it works so well. I like it better than their actual squeezy tube foundation.
The finish it gives on your skin it beautiful! My favorite way to use it is over a bb cream, just for a faster alternative to my usual foundation, concealer, pressed powder routine; however, you can most certainly prime your skin and solely use this product. It has a build able light coverage I would say. I do find it does a good job of covering pink/red cheeks, though, and I am the fairest shade I think. It is just so soft and smooth to apply, and using a hydrating setting spray, it really does look natural and not cakey whatsoever.
I use an elf flat top powder brush, and I love it-- I also love the makeup geek face buffer brush for it. If you're hoping for a light to medium coverage, you will definitely want to use a dense brush rather than a filmsy one, so that is why I use those two brushes and I just use circular motions to apply about two layers.
I have had this product for about 2 months, using it every couple days and I still have a lot. So, in my opinion, it is worth the money, but I can easily see how the price would scare some people.
Just to keep this in mind, I am 17 so I do have "youthful" skin, and it is relatively clear, but if you use concealer on blemishes, and then this, it will still be plenty of coverage.

on 1/12/2016 1:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

As far as powder foundations go this one is quite nice. It has buildable sheer to medium coverage and sort of melds into your skin so it doesn't look cakey. I'm extremely pale (NW10 or so) with pink undertones and have found that the lightest shade works fairly well for me - it is slightly darker than my skin but after a few mins of being on, it seems to adjust a bit & blends in well. While the powder does seem to have some sparkles in it when you swatch it, on your face you cannot see any glitter. It does last for a full 8hr day on my skin which is quite good for a powder. I have fairly dry skin & sometimes excema on my face and haven't had too much of an issue with this accentuating dryness, although it can stick to flakes if you aren't careful when applying.

I apply this with either the short squat brush that tarte made to go with this or the real techniques expert face brush. The tarte brush seems to work better for buffing & blending it in, while the RT brush works better for building up coverage in specific spots or getting into areas like under the eyes. The packaging is pretty nice for a loose powder - the fabric netting seems to work better than the plastic sifters some loose powders have to control mess. Obviously there can still be some powder getting out of the container but that happens with any loose powder to some extent. Overall it is a very good powder foundation that I suspect would suit many people as an everyday foundation - it is perhaps not quite full coverage enough for a full face on a night out but for work & everyday wear it is plenty. I am nearly finished with my first container of it and will definitely be buying it again.

on 1/9/2016 10:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I was looking for other variants to a mineral powder cos im begining to think that my HG Bare Minerals powder, is clogging up my acne-prone skin over a rather long period of quiet reliance. Was quite intrigued by how the Amazonian clay could be a nice alternative to minerals, so I went for it. Also, I really appreciate their hugest range of powder foundation colours with generous explanations of what hue with what undertones. Light-Medium Beige (light-medium skintones with pink undertones) was my choice cos I know I prefer PINK undertones although im an Asian. (ref NC30-35) It does contain fine shimmers that 'reflects light' & claimed to be an 'airbrush powder foundation' but I just don't prefer this powder's finish compared to BM, where I actually look more airbrushed. This cover my acne scars well, is a good match on me, but it kinda looks flat matte which I do not prefer. It was quite 'shimmery' on my arm when I swatched it. But on my face, it was dull-y. It didn't break me out, it possibly clogs up lesser than BM, but I cannot live with a matte-looking powder foundation when I know there are options to look more 'subtly strobed'. Oh well, I'll still use it til it runs out, and I'll still use the BM to layer on this just for that preferred finish. Maybe works for some out there, but not totally my cup of T.

This product is extremely overpriced for what it is. I would say it's light coverage and doesn't build to a full coverage. The shade range isn't wide and I'm warm toned but I found alot of the foundations to be VERY orange---noticeably so, people would comment that i looked more "tan". Also, the packaging sucks. There's no lid to swirl the product on since there's a stopper connected to the lid. And dipping your brush straight in the container with the mesh (you have to see it) gives you way too much product with nowhere to tap it off.

on 11/26/2015 1:30:00 PM

Returned this product to Ulta. It is NOT full coverage. I have other powder foundations that are and this just isn't up to par. The packaging is annoying, it seems like a good idea but I just don't like it. It's like it has to be used exclusively with their brush. I was disappointed, especially because the price was so high!