Sally Hansen Insta-Dry Fast Dry Nail Color - Mint Sprint

Sally Hansen Insta-Dry Fast Dry Nail Color - Mint Sprint
Insta-Dry Fast Dry Nail Color - Mint Sprint

3.1

on 9/7/2013 1:45:00 PM

I really like this color. Very pretty teal/green. What I don't like is the awkward brush. It's really difficult to get precise lines with this brush. It's pretty wide and the edges are weird, uneven and rounded. The formula is very thick too, almost to the point of being clumpy, which might still be workable if it didn't get glopped on willy-nilly by this unwieldy brush. It does dry fast and only requires one coat for opacity, but the brush is just so bad that I won't be reaching for this often. I definitely wouldn't repurchase.

on 8/24/2013 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This is by far the worst nail polish I ever bought. The first time I used it, I loved it. The color was so pretty and had a dimensional appearance to it. Then I tried it a month later, everything went downwards from there. It was extremely clumpy and dried horribly. I first bought this same brand but in the color instant iris, and the same thing happened, so I figured, hey I will try it again. Worst decision I ever made. Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice, shame on you. Don't buy it! Waste of money!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

If you shake this well, this shade went on in one coat! It isn't exactly "Insta-Dri," though. It took a long time to dry...just like any other nail polish. I will buy this again because it's a fun, spring/summer shade (a darker mint shade), and it went on with one coat. I try to avoid chips, but they happen. We'll see how long this lasts.

UPDATE: The day after I put this on, the lady at the Snow Cone bus made a comment about my nails and where she could buy the polish. :-)
UPDATE II: It's Monday, and I have tiny chips on the tip of my nails. I painted them on Friday with a clear top coat. The color is still really vivid, though. I would buy this again because it's really holding up, even though it isn't perfect. I'm pretty rough on polish.

on 5/30/2013 10:35:00 PM

Pros: dries quickly, cheap
Cons: Staining

This is a pretty green based teal color (I wouldn't say mint). Sally Hansen Insta-Dry polishes are my go to polishes when I want to paint my nails, but don't have much time. The brush is awkward because it is a little overly large, and picks up too much polish. Make sure you wipe off most of the excess polish before you use it, though not too much or it won't spread well. Watch out because excess polish drips down quickly from the top of the brush. I usually wait for most of this polish to drip off into the bottle before I start. Once you're ready to apply the polish, it takes about two strokes to cover larger nails, one for the pinky. This polish is highly pigmented and takes only one coat. However it stains when you remove it. I advise using at least one layer of base coat, maybe two. You'll need to wash the stains on your hands with soap and water.

on 4/4/2013 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love the wider brush. This polish is a beautiful teal that works well with my cool-toned skin. Plus it's opaque in one coat. The only drawback is that it stains, so don't put it on bare nails!

I LOOOVEEEE this kelly green color but when I put a top coat over it completly changed the color of the polish. It looks okay with out one but is a little dull. I would go with Essie's mojito madness over the sally hansen.

on 8/27/2012 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Dries fast, pretty color, only one coat required, and it's cheap. Meets all my requirements. I like the wide brush, too.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

I've not had too much luck with Sally Hansen polishes but I can safely say I was well pleased with Mint Sprint from their Insta-Dry line . It's not at all a mint polish, instead it is a very lovely teal creme. I'm not a fan of the wider brushes but I think someone with more experience with wide brushes could probably get away with one coat; I needed two but that's the standard so I wasn't much bothered.

The thing that will make me never buy this polish again, however, is the staining. It stains like a staining thing so if your base isn't made to stand up to staining in a major way, keep away!