Burt's Bees 100% Natural Lip Gloss

Burt's Bees 100% Natural Lip Gloss
100% Natural Lip Gloss

2.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 8/4/2017 8:20:00 PM

Too sticky for me. I can't read which shade I bought anymore because all of the writing on the tube was gone within about a week. Oh wait, I remember... Evening Glow. Pretty reddish pink with shimmer, but it lasts hardly any time on my lips. A very "meh" product.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

The packaging starts wearing off almost right away (the white letters fade) which can make something that is not cheap appear that way. However, the product itself is nice. I have the shades: Ocean Sunrise and Sunny Day. Both are very light on my brown lips as I'm an NC-40 to 45 depending on the season. I wore them on their own to begin w/, but lately I find that they look really good over matte lipsticks. They are not greasy, they do not slide, and are not sticky. The only reason why I cannot rate them too high, is that there's sparkle in them. Perhaps it's just these colors though. May try darker shades later. Would re-purchase for the hydration they provide.

on 9/11/2016 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I love these. My favorite is Harvest Time. It is the perfect Fall/Winter color. It's a warm rich deep bronze color with golden micro shimmer. I have a medium skin tone with golden undertones. Brown hair with blonde highlights and this shade is good on me. It's a very natural pleasant scent. Perhaps smells of milk or honey. Easy to apply and lasts around 2 hours. Non drying formula feels good on. I just like a sheer wash of color. This provides just what I like in a lip gloss. Just a natural feminine look. I like the fact that this is 100/ natural.

on 3/19/2016 2:29:00 AM

I do not recommend this product at all.

At least for me, it's rather expensive. It is usually $14 for me I believe, but my Shoppers had them on sale for $6 or so so I figured I'd give them a shot. I enjoy some of their other products and I love the all natural aspect of Burts bees.

I picked up the shade Rosy Dawn. In the tube it looks like a really pretty rosy pink, fairly pigmented and I thought it would be great for spring.

The tube itself is pretty pitiful, if I'm being honest. You don't get that much product and I know companies can get away with charging more when something it all natural but this was ridiculous. There is 0.2 ounces of product in the tube. Compare that to the Stay Glossy by Rimmel that I just picked up, for $6, it has 0.18 ounces. You really aren't getting much product, especially if you are buying this at the regular price tag.

The packaging is cute though. I tend to be a fan of Burt's Bees packaging. I love the little honey comb design on the lid. However, while the outside is cute, the actual function is awful. This has a doe foot applicator but it's very small and very stiff. Additionally the hole that the applicator comes out of is small so you get very little product. Very little product on an already rather small applicator. Do you see the problem? I had to dip the applicator in and out so many times to get a good amount of product, it was frustrating. Definitely not something I would want to apply while I'm out and about or in a rush.

Onto the product itself. This may be different for the darker shades, but Rosy Dawn was very sheer. It didn't feel like I had put any colour on my lips. I do have lips that are a tad pigmented so sheer lip colours can have a hard time showing up. The bottle shows it as more of a pigmented colour though, which is why this was frustrating. It looked like all I had done really was put on a clear coat of gloss. A clear coat of gloss after a frustrating application from a product that regularly retails at $14. I was less than pleased.

I can't recall a scent, so I'm assuming it doesn't have anything atrocious. I was luckily able to return it which is why I can't go check the scent. I can't comment on the wear time as after the frustrating application and poor colour payoff I was done with the product.

I don't recommend this at all.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I don't think these are worth the $12-13 CAD they cost at full price, but I found both of mine on sale. I do like them, which seems to put me in the minority.
I have a sparkly gold colour (the text has worn off the packaging, so I have no idea what the name is) and a bright looking pink. The pink one is kind of useless, delivering no pigmentation, but the gold one is lovely and really brightens up a simple makeup look. I would rebuy the gold one, but the pink one is very disappointing, especially since it looks so bright from the tube.

I agree with other reviewers that the packaging isn't very effective - the applicator barely picks up any product, so it takes two or three dips into the tube to actually get enough gloss on my lips. The glitter is a little bit gritty and I can feel it when I rub my lips together, but that doesn't bother me personally. These glosses are very thick and a little sticky.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The packaging for this is awful! The hole is too small for the doe foot applicator so I end up using the side of the tube in order to get some actual product dispensed. Also the color I got (Sunny Day) is so unpigmented I might as well be wearing a clear gloss or Chapstick basically. It is meh but for $9 I expected a much superior product to this. Maybe the darker shades show up better? There needs to be more shades & im not even going to try another shade. Def not rebuy. Lastly this smells like PlayDoh I agree below! I only like this because it is for the most part "all natural" ingredients as close as I'm gonna get from the grocery store anyways but these are def not worth $9 bucks. The MAC Lipglasses remain my fave. So the search for more DS lipglosses continue. My ELF $3 lipglosses are even better for 1/3 price!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I fell in love with the shade (very Nars Orgasmish), but it's a weak product. I agree with other reviewers that the smell is a bit off putting and that's the first issue. Second, it's not that moisturizing, my lips absorb it within an hours. I'm constantly reapplying. Lastly a packaging issue is that the hole is to small for the wand and when I close it gloss leaks out a lot and I have to clean it with a tissue. No benefits besides the pretty shade.

I wanted to like this stuff so bad, but it does not deliver. It's pricey for what you get, and the applicator does not pick up very much product at all. It almost feels like I'm digging into an old lipgloss that's running out of product. You have to dip the wand in over and over to get the desired amount of product. Once you get enough product it's actually not that bad. The consistency is nice, but not very moisturizing and could do with some sort of fragrance bc the taste is kind of off putting for me. Overall I'm not a fan unfortunately and won't be repurchasing.

on 8/4/2015 3:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I like them! My experience seems very different to what many reviewers have said though. I purchased Ruby Moon (berry) and Summer Twilight (watermelon) last year on sale at 2 for $14. Both colours are sheer enough to consider a strong tint, rather than an opaque gloss. I don't find them sticky after a few seconds, the medium consistency and doefoot applicator makes it very quick and easy for me to apply in a hurry even without a mirror, they don't bleed and do layer well over balms and lipstick, and as far as lipgloss goes, it has pretty good lasting power at over 3 hours without any meaningful staining. I have used scores of glosses over the last 20 years and the only similar gloss product I have tried that lasts longer is Marc Jacobs Lip Vinyls at 8 times the price and much stickier! If you are after a glassy, wet finish or a very opaque coverage I can understand why these can be disappointing, but I happily wear even the darker shades for a comfortable colour during the day and for extra dimension and hydration over lipstick at night. I can't fault them for the price or performance.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this product very much. I think that this lip gloss is very silky on my lips allthough its way to sheer in the color i bought it in (sunny day) andwould want a different color.
The packaging is very cute with the honey comb lid.
The price is horrible but I would buy it again.

Popular Lip Glosses