Burt's Bees 100% Natural Lip Gloss (All Colors)

Burt's Bees 100% Natural Lip Gloss (All Colors)
100% Natural Lip Gloss (All Colors)100% Natural Lip Gloss (All Colors)

2.8

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 3/24/2019 8:16:00 PM

I really like this! The color (Sweet Sunset) is so beautiful - it's a dark vampy for me which is great for some of my outfits but it's also not too dark or so dramatic I can't wear this in the day time....it's just right. I don't find this to be overly glossy, it's just a small amount of shine, which I enjoy. There's a very slight stickiness to to this product, but far less than most glosses I've tried over the years. This really doesn't have much (if any) moisturizing effects, but I don't find it to be drying.

I wish the packaging was a little different with a longer wand. It's partially because of the color, but this definitely needs a mirror to apply. I find it fairly long lasting (without drinking), but pretty average as far as needing reapplication with eating/drinking. I don't mind the scent (sort of a play-dough type) and actually unless I put my nose directly to the wand I can't really smell it. I would definitely look to repurchase or potentially seek out a dupe. So far, I'm really enjoying this product for the color and light gloss.

on 7/21/2018 5:44:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I have one of these in Sunny Day, and I like it a lot. The color is kind of peachy with gold micro glitter, but it comes off as more colorless with shimmer. I bought it at Cracker Barrel, of all places, but it's sold in plenty of regular drugstores.

I do kind of get what another reviewer pointed out - that it seems like you have to dip from the tube several times per application, as if you're running out, even when the tube is new. That's true, and a little annoying, but honestly not as bad as lipsticks that apply too much product. So, it's not perfect, but it's a better problem in my opinion.

What I've noticed is that this lip gloss doesn't last very long. I actually think it's because it's hydrating, like it's getting absorbed (except for the glitter). I would definitely be willing to try other colors!

on 1/11/2018 12:02:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I really like these and have no problems with them.

Update: these have become my go-to drugstore glosses. No irritation, not super sticky, I love the colors and they're natural.

-----This Lip Gloss is NOT Poppin'-----

I'm a big fan of Burts. Unfortunately this lip gloss did not live up to the brand. I bought Rosy Dusk which in the bottle is a pale mauvey pink - a My Lips But Better. This product has many drawbacks.

You know when you go to put on lip gloss and barely anything gets on the brush so you know it's time for a new one? That's what happened to me but this was the first time using it!! At first I assumed it was due to the tiny brush, or bad formula. But after reading other complaints on this site, I realized they have barely filled the tube with gloss. It's nearly empty which is so unethical seeing that this is a standard size tube. Talk about deceptive marketing. It's barely noticeable on me, despite being vibrant in the bottle. I have pale lips and even the sheerest colors show up on my lips. Why is this shade so different than how it looks in the bottle?? I'd imagine anyone tanner than me (and most people are tanner than me!) would not get this to look noticeable either.

Burt's Bees should have known better than to fill a tube of gloss with air (it's lip gloss not a bag of potato chips). If they can't meet quality standards, they should stick to their balms and specialty natural products. It seems rushed into production, and not true to their brand.

Too sticky for me. I can't read which shade I bought anymore because all of the writing on the tube was gone within about a week. Oh wait, I remember... Evening Glow. Pretty reddish pink with shimmer, but it lasts hardly any time on my lips. A very "meh" product.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

The packaging starts wearing off almost right away (the white letters fade) which can make something that is not cheap appear that way. However, the product itself is nice. I have the shades: Ocean Sunrise and Sunny Day. Both are very light on my brown lips as I'm an NC-40 to 45 depending on the season. I wore them on their own to begin w/, but lately I find that they look really good over matte lipsticks. They are not greasy, they do not slide, and are not sticky. The only reason why I cannot rate them too high, is that there's sparkle in them. Perhaps it's just these colors though. May try darker shades later. Would re-purchase for the hydration they provide.

on 9/11/2016 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I love these. My favorite is Harvest Time. It is the perfect Fall/Winter color. It's a warm rich deep bronze color with golden micro shimmer. I have a medium skin tone with golden undertones. Brown hair with blonde highlights and this shade is good on me. It's a very natural pleasant scent. Perhaps smells of milk or honey. Easy to apply and lasts around 2 hours. Non drying formula feels good on. I just like a sheer wash of color. This provides just what I like in a lip gloss. Just a natural feminine look. I like the fact that this is 100/ natural.

on 3/19/2016 2:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I do not recommend this product at all.

At least for me, it's rather expensive. It is usually $14 for me I believe, but my Shoppers had them on sale for $6 or so so I figured I'd give them a shot. I enjoy some of their other products and I love the all natural aspect of Burts bees.

I picked up the shade Rosy Dawn. In the tube it looks like a really pretty rosy pink, fairly pigmented and I thought it would be great for spring.

The tube itself is pretty pitiful, if I'm being honest. You don't get that much product and I know companies can get away with charging more when something it all natural but this was ridiculous. There is 0.2 ounces of product in the tube. Compare that to the Stay Glossy by Rimmel that I just picked up, for $6, it has 0.18 ounces. You really aren't getting much product, especially if you are buying this at the regular price tag.

The packaging is cute though. I tend to be a fan of Burt's Bees packaging. I love the little honey comb design on the lid. However, while the outside is cute, the actual function is awful. This has a doe foot applicator but it's very small and very stiff. Additionally the hole that the applicator comes out of is small so you get very little product. Very little product on an already rather small applicator. Do you see the problem? I had to dip the applicator in and out so many times to get a good amount of product, it was frustrating. Definitely not something I would want to apply while I'm out and about or in a rush.

Onto the product itself. This may be different for the darker shades, but Rosy Dawn was very sheer. It didn't feel like I had put any colour on my lips. I do have lips that are a tad pigmented so sheer lip colours can have a hard time showing up. The bottle shows it as more of a pigmented colour though, which is why this was frustrating. It looked like all I had done really was put on a clear coat of gloss. A clear coat of gloss after a frustrating application from a product that regularly retails at $14. I was less than pleased.

I can't recall a scent, so I'm assuming it doesn't have anything atrocious. I was luckily able to return it which is why I can't go check the scent. I can't comment on the wear time as after the frustrating application and poor colour payoff I was done with the product.

I don't recommend this at all.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I don't think these are worth the $12-13 CAD they cost at full price, but I found both of mine on sale. I do like them, which seems to put me in the minority.
I have a sparkly gold colour (the text has worn off the packaging, so I have no idea what the name is) and a bright looking pink. The pink one is kind of useless, delivering no pigmentation, but the gold one is lovely and really brightens up a simple makeup look. I would rebuy the gold one, but the pink one is very disappointing, especially since it looks so bright from the tube.

I agree with other reviewers that the packaging isn't very effective - the applicator barely picks up any product, so it takes two or three dips into the tube to actually get enough gloss on my lips. The glitter is a little bit gritty and I can feel it when I rub my lips together, but that doesn't bother me personally. These glosses are very thick and a little sticky.

The packaging for this is awful! The hole is too small for the doe foot applicator so I end up using the side of the tube in order to get some actual product dispensed. Also the color I got (Sunny Day) is so unpigmented I might as well be wearing a clear gloss or Chapstick basically. It is meh but for $9 I expected a much superior product to this. Maybe the darker shades show up better? There needs to be more shades & im not even going to try another shade. Def not rebuy. Lastly this smells like PlayDoh I agree below! I only like this because it is for the most part "all natural" ingredients as close as I'm gonna get from the grocery store anyways but these are def not worth $9 bucks. The MAC Lipglasses remain my fave. So the search for more DS lipglosses continue. My ELF $3 lipglosses are even better for 1/3 price!