TheFACEShop Color Control CC Cream

TheFACEShop Color Control CC Cream

3.5

This foundation feels very oily and heavy on the skin, and it feels like as if it will never set. Moreover, if you have oily skin stay away from this because it will make you look like an oil slit. Acne prone skin beware of this foundation, because it will make you break out due to the texture and just everything.

on 2/16/2016 8:28:00 PM

I recently started breaking out pretty badly on my cheeks and chin and I decided to change my make-up to see if it would make a difference. I used this for a week and it made my break-outs worse and might've even caused new ones.

However, besides that it's a pretty good cc cream. The coverage isn't fantastic, but it does leave the skin looking fresh and dewy.

Overall, It's not quite worth the cost, imo. Also, I'm not a huge fan of the packaging because I feel like germs can accumulate very easily.

To Read all 24 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is the closest thing to foundation I've ever used, and I don't plan on changing it anytime soon. I love this cream. It is heavier than CC Cream typically is, but that just means the coverage is amazing. My skin looks flawless after I put this on. It's a slightly matte finish, which is another plus. I haven't had issues with breaking out. It's SPF 30. I absolutely love the idea of pushing the little button to get product out - it's sanitary and creative. As you can see, my pros list for this product is endless. The initial price is a bit much, but The Face Shop sells refills for about half the original price. I love and highly recommend this CC Cream.

Whenever I wear this, my skin looks terrible after removing it, almost like it was being suffocated. The texture of this cream is thick and takes some effort to blend. It has a 'brightening effect' which leaves my complexion looking strange and unnatural. I generally don't break out from makeup, but this usually leaves me with a blemish or two after just one wear. I've given it many tries but sadly this product just does not work for my skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

pros:
- LOVE THE PACKAGING
- doesnt break me out at all (i have sensitive skin)
- buildable coverage
- nice scent
- long lasting with primer
- easy to remove
- easy to apply

cons:
- only two shades to select
- the sponge is hard to clean

So I have combination (more on the oily side) skin and so I never had a "flaking" problem like other reviewers claimed. But it did made me break out to the point where my pimples grew bigger than they normally did. I'm not sure if CC cream is thicker than BB cream but if that is the case, I think that is why it made me break out. I'm still recovering from my breakout from using this product for 3 months ( I stopped about a month ago).
Not only did this product cause a massive breakout, the return policy really sucks. And most of the samples are "not available". The price of their products are outrageous for the trouble you have to go through.

Did it last all day - No, I'd say an hour.

How Did Your Skin React - My skin became flakey even after priming and moisturizing. Every now and then I would re-try the product but my skin just wouldn't co-operate. To the touch, my skin would feel very dry and the product wouldn't cover very evenly on my skintone.

on 11/28/2014 10:29:00 PM

The coverage is amazing and it also acts as a broad spectrum sunscreen. Since my skin tone is more olive-ish it's so hard to find a colour that matches my skin tone but this cream does so well I don't even have to use concealer.

When I read the amazing reviews on MUA, I immediately bought this product duh! haha. It's actually QUITE pricey for a CC cream but I don't blame them because there is a lot in the packaging with the whole press and squirt + puff. At first, I REALLY liked this cc cream but I've known that I need to try stuff out for about 2 weeks to know if its truly GOOD. I'm afraid lots of people here on MUA probably loved the results they got after immediately wearing it for like 3 hours or something but...I've tested it for a while and it's not all that great =/

Pros:
-great coverage
-the "perfect makeup" look (if you're going for that. but I'm not, I wanted something natural)
-best pore filler EVER, made my pores look INVISIBLE compared to all my other korean bb creams (and believe me i have A LOT)
-cute packaging
-innovative "cusion" design

Cons:
-SO DAMN OILY after 4 hours. I would NOT recommend this even if you had combination skin type. This is only good for DRY skinned people.
-SO greasy and thick after applying immediately. Really gross feeling! Felt like I was about to bring on a slew of pimples and I was right.
-********BROKE ME OUT***************** after 3 days use and I'm STILL*** trying to recover after 1 month from the acne all over my cheeks. As SOON as I stopped using this, my skin got a bit better and I realized the cc cream was breaking me out
-Really unnatural looking. I thought the whole point of CC creams was that it was lightweight and natural? This stuff is thicker than most of my BB creams =_=

on 9/22/2014 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

I adore and hate this CC cream. I saw the great reviews of this product and ran out to get it.
On first impression, the packaging is simple, cute and a little chunky, but I don't mind at all. I have never encountered a BB or CC cream that could last a reasonable amount of time on my skin without looking like a hot mess. The AURA CC cream has great coverage that seems to minimize the appearance of pimples and dark pigmentation and has this glow that makes the skin look like healthy skin. I like to mix this with a foundation to extend the longevity that it stays on my skin. There is transfer when I go in to blot my face. I would say it stays great for 4 hours, and then it slows starts to be blotted away, but it still looks fine! Now, I notice that when I wear this, the first day, I start to have small white heads here and there. The second day, it gets worse, and then I stop. I repeat this cycle, as I love the look of it but it seems to be breaking me out. I am not 100% yet but I'll keep trying. I think it's the silicones :/