Etude House Precious Mineral Cotton Fit BB Cream

Etude House Precious Mineral Cotton Fit BB Cream

3.5

Water, pearl extract, cyclopentasiloxane, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), glycerin, phenyl trimethicone, butylene glycol, butylene glycol dicaprylate/ dicaprate, cyclohexasiloxane, nylon-12, cetyl peg/ppg-10/1 dimethicone, hydrogenated poly(c6-14 olefin), zinc oxide(ci 77947), iron oxides (ci 77492), talc, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, beeswax, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil gossypium herbaceum (cotton), centella asiatica extract, portulaca oleracea extract, argania spinosa kernel oil, Melissa officinalis leaf extract, malva sylvestris (mallow) extract, achillea millefolium extract, alchemilla vulgaris extract, primula veris extract, menthe piperita (peppermint) leaf extract, veronica officinalus extract, sodium chloride, sorbitan isostearate, pentylene glycol, hexyl laurate, tribehenin, disteardimonium hectorite, polymethylsilsesquioxane, triethoxycaprylylsilane, propylene carbonate, dimethicone/methicone copolymer, ethylhexylglycerin, adenosine, kaolin, silica, lecithin, disodium edta, phenoxyethanol, fragrance (parfum), mica (ci 77019), iron oxides (ci 77491), iron oxides ( ci 77499

on 2/29/2016 11:36:00 PM

This works well in my face than the etude precious mineral bright fit. leave a matte finish but i dont think it lasts long. only like 4-5 hours then i have to touch up again.
+ matte finish

- too light for my skin but thats okay i can use bronzer as well

It has a matte powdery finish which I quite liked at first, but it usually melts during mid-day and turns cakey. The colour is also a little off (pale orangey tone) and looks a bit weird as it starts to oxidize in the day.

To Read all 41 Reviews, Login or Join

on 10/22/2015 8:59:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Packaging was handy and sanitary to me since it came in a pump that can easily dispense the right amount of product you want! For dry skin types, stay away from this as it accentuates dry spots. I have combination skin and this only works on my T-zones. It makes my dry cheeks flaky!! Even so, oil control is not that great and I recommend using a good primer that controls oil if you have oily skin. It is however, an extremely affordable product! Do note that the shades are also very light. Coverage is great, it definitely covers up redness and blemishes but you will definitely still need a concealer for zits.

on 10/20/2015 12:11:00 AM

My first BB cream by Etude House & I sure like it!

I have combination skin & this works well for me. I really like the matte finish & how it looks just like wearing powder. Surprisingly it stays pretty intact even after a few hours -- my skin gets oily even in air-conditioned rooms -- but maybe this is also part thanks to my moisturizer. You'll need to moisturize well before using it or else it'll be harder to blend & there will be dry patches on your skin.

But overall, as for someone who loves matte finish & Asian kind of fair skin, I greatly appreciate this product. A bit expensive, but price's not really the matter if it works well with you. Just remember to moisturize well & pick the most suitable shade for your skin!

on 10/6/2015 8:41:00 AM

It drys my skin to the point my face look creak up when looking close, I don't like the chemical smell and it have a crazy yellow orangey undertone. Might be suitable for people with oily and green-grayish undertone cause in that case the yellowish orangey color will even up the green gray. I do find myself have breakouts every time I use this product.....

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I really wanted this bb cream to work well for me! I was attracted to it by its nice packaging, and really liked how it felt on my skin when i swatched it in the store. It applies as a cream and sets matte, which sounds like something i'd like since i have oily skin! It also smells good, kind of like baby powder but the smell disappears after awhile. I got the darkest shade, W24 Honey Beige, but it is still abit too light for my face.
I used this bb cream for about a year and here are my thoughts on it:
However, when i apply it on my face with my fingers, it is quite difficult to blend as it dries and set quite quickly! I tried applying with a foundation brush or sponge too but it is a little too heavy for my liking. It blurs out my pores slightly but also emphasized on the dry patches on my skin, and i have oily skin! Sometimes, when i rub my face, it flakes abit. But after changing to a thicker moisturizer, it stopped. My oils start to seep through maybe 2-3 hours after applying this bb cream.
It does have a nice coverage but it leaves a white cast, which is really obvious since the rest of my body is quite tanned. I wanted something light so i could wear it to my school [ which doesn't allow us to put on makeup!] and after wearing this my friends would tell me my face is really white! I even tried putting a darker powder all over my face but the white cast would not go away.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I'm an NC-25 with yellow undertones and I agree with another reviewer that the W-13 is the closest to our shade but is still a little too light.

Pros:
I initially liked this BB cream because it gives a very nice coverage which was great for my acne-scarring and acne-prone skin. The coverage is medium and buildable to high. It did not break me out.

Cons:
This is the major reason why I rated this BB cream so low. The Oil control is really bad on this product. After about 2 hours, my face (which isn't that oily to begin with) turns into a greaseball. Then the BB cream starts to get streaky and "melt" off my face. It ends up looking very patchy.

on 8/24/2015 11:20:00 AM

For your reference I am an NC-25, with yellow undertones.

Product/packaging : The cap is made out of plastic but is not flimsy/does not come off easily so it makes it easily to bring along in my makeup bag (no fear of it leaking). Tube is made out of a squeezable plastic kind of material. Comes with a good pump, but may get messy around the nozzle area. Overall very sturdy packaging.

Price/Availability - I bought it for about MYR89 (USD21) in Malaysia, for 60g. It is available in any Etude House outlets throughout various malls in Malaysia. I'm not sure if this is classified under drugstore makeup but it is a little expensive compared to Maybelline etc. However, you do get a decent amount of product.

Formula - Not sticky, but is a little hard to apply and blend out on my face. Is not patchy or uneven. Has a creamy texture and dries to a matte finish. Coverage - light to medium. The only problem I have with the formula is how it wore out throughout the day. It didn't do much for oil control - T-zone and area around my nose rubbed off. Also I had to touch up quite often, especially if I was out under the sun. It didn't really minimize my pores although it did give me an even complexion (sometimes seemed a little cakey).

Colour - They only have 3 colours - NO2 Light Beige, W13 Natural Beige and W24 Honey Beige. I got mine in W13 Natural Beige and it was a tad bit too light on my skin. However after I applied bronzer it seemed to match my skin better. Really wish they had more colours. Suitable for light skin only.

Overall - You can definitely find a better BB cream out there for a cheaper price. Perhaps this product would work for those who live in a colder climate but it is hot and humid here, and it did not work well for me. If you have oily skin - do not buy it. If you live in a tropical country - do not buy it. I just felt like for the price I paid, they could have done a better job on the formula and lasting power. It does claim to have SPF30, which is great at least. My final thoughts? Look around for another option (L'oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation is a good alternative although it is not available in Malaysia yet).

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product is definitely not for people with dry skin. It has a powdery finish so it kind of made my skin look patchy and dry and stuff. This will probably work for people with oily skin, but it didn't work for me. I use the Precious Mineral BB cream in Bright Fit and it works a lot better for my skin type.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my daily BB cream. I've been using it for everyday (almost a year) and I still have quite much product on the tube. I love the pumps, and I use very small pumps for each part of my face (forehead, cheeks, nose and chin). Don't use too much products or else it will make you look like a vampire. It has a pretty decent, light to medium coverage. I'm a NC25 and I'm using shade W13 which is the second lightest. They only have 3 shades, and W13 is actually a shade lighter than my skin, but you can't really tell once you blend it in with everything. Most importantly, it doesn't break me out like hell. It doesn't contain paraben too.

(+) reasonable price, easy to use packaging, doesn't break me out, paraben free
(-) too light (has whitecast), low sebum control

*To Indonesians out there, I don't buy Etude's products on the store. The price is 2-3x more expensive than the original one. I bought this for only $15. You can order it online from Etude's website for more reasonable prices, or just random local online store.