Etude House Precious Mineral Cotton Fit BB Cream

Filtered by age: 19-24
Etude House Precious Mineral Cotton Fit BB Cream

3.2

Water, pearl extract, cyclopentasiloxane, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), glycerin, phenyl trimethicone, butylene glycol, butylene glycol dicaprylate/ dicaprate, cyclohexasiloxane, nylon-12, cetyl peg/ppg-10/1 dimethicone, hydrogenated poly(c6-14 olefin), zinc oxide(ci 77947), iron oxides (ci 77492), talc, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, beeswax, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil gossypium herbaceum (cotton), centella asiatica extract, portulaca oleracea extract, argania spinosa kernel oil, Melissa officinalis leaf extract, malva sylvestris (mallow) extract, achillea millefolium extract, alchemilla vulgaris extract, primula veris extract, menthe piperita (peppermint) leaf extract, veronica officinalus extract, sodium chloride, sorbitan isostearate, pentylene glycol, hexyl laurate, tribehenin, disteardimonium hectorite, polymethylsilsesquioxane, triethoxycaprylylsilane, propylene carbonate, dimethicone/methicone copolymer, ethylhexylglycerin, adenosine, kaolin, silica, lecithin, disodium edta, phenoxyethanol, fragrance (parfum), mica (ci 77019), iron oxides (ci 77491), iron oxides ( ci 77499

on 9/6/2017 3:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Packaging is good and sanitary, cream smells nice. However the shades are difficult to match (too light and too pinkish undertone which doesn't suit me). I find it relatively easy to apply and blend with my fingers and only need a small amount (half a pump?) for my whole face. It's relatively matte as well.

However, this product cause me to break out and clogs my pores too much so I've stopped using it after a few times.

on 6/6/2017 3:05:00 PM

The colour doesn't match my skin tone, it's too light.
It has a heavy/masky feel. The coverage is medium. It covers small red spots, acne nicely.
I wouldn't recommend it if you have oily skin. It starts to look shiny after 3-4 hours.

on 9/1/2016 12:34:00 PM

Great price, but very average product.

on 2/29/2016 11:36:00 PM

This works well in my face than the etude precious mineral bright fit. leave a matte finish but i dont think it lasts long. only like 4-5 hours then i have to touch up again.
+ matte finish

- too light for my skin but thats okay i can use bronzer as well

on 10/6/2015 8:41:00 AM

It drys my skin to the point my face look creak up when looking close, I don't like the chemical smell and it have a crazy yellow orangey undertone. Might be suitable for people with oily and green-grayish undertone cause in that case the yellowish orangey color will even up the green gray. I do find myself have breakouts every time I use this product.....

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I'm an NC-25 with yellow undertones and I agree with another reviewer that the W-13 is the closest to our shade but is still a little too light.

Pros:
I initially liked this BB cream because it gives a very nice coverage which was great for my acne-scarring and acne-prone skin. The coverage is medium and buildable to high. It did not break me out.

Cons:
This is the major reason why I rated this BB cream so low. The Oil control is really bad on this product. After about 2 hours, my face (which isn't that oily to begin with) turns into a greaseball. Then the BB cream starts to get streaky and "melt" off my face. It ends up looking very patchy.

on 8/24/2015 11:20:00 AM

For your reference I am an NC-25, with yellow undertones.

Product/packaging : The cap is made out of plastic but is not flimsy/does not come off easily so it makes it easily to bring along in my makeup bag (no fear of it leaking). Tube is made out of a squeezable plastic kind of material. Comes with a good pump, but may get messy around the nozzle area. Overall very sturdy packaging.

Price/Availability - I bought it for about MYR89 (USD21) in Malaysia, for 60g. It is available in any Etude House outlets throughout various malls in Malaysia. I'm not sure if this is classified under drugstore makeup but it is a little expensive compared to Maybelline etc. However, you do get a decent amount of product.

Formula - Not sticky, but is a little hard to apply and blend out on my face. Is not patchy or uneven. Has a creamy texture and dries to a matte finish. Coverage - light to medium. The only problem I have with the formula is how it wore out throughout the day. It didn't do much for oil control - T-zone and area around my nose rubbed off. Also I had to touch up quite often, especially if I was out under the sun. It didn't really minimize my pores although it did give me an even complexion (sometimes seemed a little cakey).

Colour - They only have 3 colours - NO2 Light Beige, W13 Natural Beige and W24 Honey Beige. I got mine in W13 Natural Beige and it was a tad bit too light on my skin. However after I applied bronzer it seemed to match my skin better. Really wish they had more colours. Suitable for light skin only.

Overall - You can definitely find a better BB cream out there for a cheaper price. Perhaps this product would work for those who live in a colder climate but it is hot and humid here, and it did not work well for me. If you have oily skin - do not buy it. If you live in a tropical country - do not buy it. I just felt like for the price I paid, they could have done a better job on the formula and lasting power. It does claim to have SPF30, which is great at least. My final thoughts? Look around for another option (L'oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation is a good alternative although it is not available in Malaysia yet).

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I tried generous samples of this to write a final review of it here. This specific type of BB cream is targeted for oilier skin types, hence the Cotton Fit name. It is different to other ones I've tried that tend to be oilier and not good for my oily skin. With this BB cream I felt I had to work it fast on my face because it dried and set on my skin quickly, more than I ever thought it would. The coverage is light to none so it didn't cover up my acne scars, broken capillaries and redness. It also set weirdly on my huge T zone pores and dry patches of skin. The mattifying effect didn't last long on my face either. So this was not good for me. I need something more heavy duty for my face.
If your skin doesn't have any hyper pigmentation, and is nearly flawless, this is for you.

on 12/19/2014 4:22:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

I wouldn't recommend this for anyone with oily skin (especially in the summer) because even with a primer my face looked like an oil slick! Its better in the winter right now, but I find that you really need a thick layer to get even coverage for your whole face which is something I don't like doing. This has remained in the bottom of my makeup bag and I rarely reach for this.

on 10/28/2014 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I used to love love this product, but I bought it again recently and could have sworn they changed the formula. Other Bb creams would not provide as much coverage, last as long or would dry out my skin, this bb used to be my HG. I have oily skin and by lunch time most of the bb has gone streaky and slid off my face. It emphasises my pores and has made my skin worse. Really sad to say I'm going to have to find a new favourite :(