4.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

8 months ago

This compact has 4 color options to choose from: Wheat (appears reddish-blonde), Charcoaled (cool grey), Soft Brown (warm taupe), and Shaping Taupe (misleading name, as it is more of a rusted sienna brown). I have only purchased Charcoaled for use. This is easily one of my favorite brown products. I have been buying it since it was only $14.50 a pan - now it has increased steadily up to $18. Still, it is a great bargain because I have yet to hit pan despite using nearly every day for 1.5 years. The brush it comes with is tiny but incredibly stiff and purposeful for use with the product. However it easily builds up with product and can make the application appear heavy-handed. Heavy-handed application is actually the only drawback I've found with this, as the product has a waxiness to it that can easily meld with watery products and make the brows appear too garish. As long as your face is dry - moisturizer, primer, foundation, etc. whatever you're using, make sure it is set first! - you'll be fine. The product is a powdery-base that does have some waxes but has held up well in its compact. Mine has developed hard pan, but that is easily scraped away. It offers a very natural coloring to brows that is quick and easy to apply without verging into overdone territory. You won't want to use this for Instagram brows, but hopefully that phase of makeup is on its way out. Charcoaled is the only non-warm colored offered here, but it applies much more sheer than the pan color, so it works beautifully for my dark ashy-brown hair.

About reviewer (76 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Fine

2 years ago

The packaging is super convenient, great, and very durable. The powder is great and very long lasting. I've had it for 2 years now and it still won't finish. I scraped and scraped but nothing is being done - so that's a good thing. However, the brushes are garbage. In the beginning, they're great and sturdy so you can get the brow powder on. But very quickly they almost spread out and can't be used. The annoying thing about the product itself is, it can't be used with any other brush because no other brush is as sturdy as the Clinique one it comes with to pick up the product. I hope I'm explaining this right. The product gets the job done, it will last you a very long time, and it's decently priced. It isn't a messy application either. If you mess up, you can just wipe away the powder with your fingers and it's done. No stain. The brushes should be better quickly since it's Clinique. The picture above has 1 brush but the one I got had 2. I like this product but I won't be purchasing it again. Mostly because I want to check out what else is out there to try out.

About reviewer (25 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Tan

HairBrown

4 years ago

I'm going to echo another review below and ask WHERE has Charcoaled been my entire life?! Seriously.. For reference I'm on the pale side (N/NC 15 at my darkest - very neutral, leaning warm) but with dark hair and eyes (and brows - very dark brown, nearly black). Charcoaled is by far the most natural looking brow product that I've personally tried. Also, it is quick and easy to use (I'm a mother of two.. sometimes I've just got to slap my makeup on 5 min. and pray for the best) For reference in the past I also liked Benefit Gimme Brow (in the darker shade) but I was concerned the ingredients in it may be contributing to my SD (which tends to hang out longest in my eyebrows when it flares) - Otherwise it too is a solid product. (Very different from a brow powder like Clinique, but good regardless). I also tried Anastasia's brow pen (in the darker shade) but it ended up being far too warm toned, so looked unnatural on me in natural lighting (ah who am I kidding, it looked unnatural in ALL lighting lol) Charcoaled is a very cool toned dark brown (on me). Online swatches (and even sometimes in the pan) it appears a very dark grey but that's not how it appears once applied IME. Pure perfection. I suppose it is a bit on the pricey side (depending on what you consider pricey) - just under $17 USD, but you get a ton (seriously..a ton..) I've been using it for around 8 months now and haven't even begun to put a dip in it. This will last me a lifetime. The brush applicators (it comes with 2 BTW) aren't horrible..Not the best in the world, but doable for me most days (a tad stiff). Overall I couldn't be happier I took a try on this after sort of stumbling upon it.

About reviewer (48 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

3.0

4 years ago

You definitely get a lot of product with this brow shaper. I have this in the color wheat. I was hoping it would be a light golden brown but it is a ginger tinted brown. I have been looking for a replacement for the discontinued brow tech by Smashbox in taupe. The brush that comes with this brow shaper is not great; I use a bent angle eyeliner brush from Avon that works really well with this product. The brow shaper does last all day for me but I dislike the orange tint to my brows that the color wheat gives me.

About reviewer (3077 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairOther, Straight, Fine

EyesOther

4 years ago

Great product! I was never a fan of the heavily drawn on eye brow look, so I was looking for something more natural looking and this was definitely it!

About reviewer (83 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Fair

HairBrunette

5 years ago

My HG brow powder for years! This stuff just lasts forever, I've been using my current powder for years, and I just hit pan on one side. For girls with dark black hair, this is your stuff - perfect match, looks very natural. The only downside, as with all powders, is that you will experience a bit of fading by the end of the day or if you are very sweaty.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOther, Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

1.0

5 years ago

I am so surprised that so many like this product. I hate everything about it, the packaging is the sliding case which I never liked. The actual product is a very hard powder that is hard to get out and looks so unnatural. I have this in taupe and it still gave me a scouse brow. The brush it comes with is so cheap and feels like plastic, it's very hard but you can get the product out with it. It gets a hard film over it and is just over all awful. I am gonna give mine to my sister I hope that she can use it. She never buys brand names so she will just be happy that it is clinique. I hate this and you could not give it to me much less me buy it again.

About reviewer (38 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair

HairBrown

6 years ago

I have been using this product for years!!! I use it for shaping my brows and filling in the patches and find it has stayed put and easily to remove with makeup remover. An absolute must have product!!!

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

from

6 years ago

CHARCOALED!!!!!! Where has this been all my life?? If you view my account you'll see my obsession with brows, I think brow products are the only reviews I've written. I am very hard to match, as lots of people have some warm undertones in their hair, mine is dark ash blonde/light ash brown and my brows are the same color. For reference, I'm a MAC NW 20-25. I have uneven brows from years of over plucking and need to fill the tails and front of my right brow. I don't care for an overdone brow on myself so these ladies who use the mousses and pomades for very sculpted brows, I'm jealous!However, even if I did like this look on me, I would not be able to use these products because when swatched on me, even the "ash" shades will show too much warmth or fade to auburn. This is a product I overlooked hundreds of times thinking-- no way that's the right color for me. After this recommendation I'm so glad I tried it! I've spent upwards of $30 for a brow pencil in search of my HG with no luck--this was half the price! First impression, gray brow powder in Classic Clinique sliding packaging with mirror inside and crappy brush (don't even waste your time w the brush-- lol). The way I use this product is to place a drop of Urban Decay setting spray by opening the top and touching the dispenser to the top of my hand. I've found a spray is much too much product to waste. I dampen my MAC brow brush in the drop of setting spray and then load the brow powder on the brush very lightly. I feel it gives it more opacity and staying power as the powder dry is very sheer. Even with this extra step, it's so worth it. So very happy with the results!!

About reviewer (22 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

3.0
from

6 years ago

I got this in charcoaled because a lot of people on here recommended that shade for asian brows. It was a little too light for me, though, because my eyebrow hairs are pretty thick so they look darker than usual, but I could definitely see it working on someone who had thinner hairs that were sparser, who wanted a more natural look. (The reason i use brow powder is just to fill in the ends) . I ended up giving it to my mom because the color and pigmentation was a much better fit for her . It's got about a medium amount of pigmentation, which would be good if you are going for the natural look. To me this shade looks straight up gray. I was hoping for more brown in it. I didn't really like the brush because I thought it was too thick, I think a brush that can make a thinner line would be much better for coloring in the ends of the brows. Also, the bristles felt plasticky and cheap. Overall, I honestly I don't feel this is anything special. I imagine that there are similar brow powders you could get at the drugstore in the 4-8 dollar range that would work just as well. Nothing really stood out to me about it. It was just medium pigmented gray powder.

About reviewer (53 reviews)

Age19-24